Sign in to follow this  
effilang

Does this guy have his third eye opened?

No, that's just damn good spatial memory. It would be possible for anyone to practice memorising the locations of things relative to them, building a mental map, and using that to do what this guy can do. Blind people can walk around inside their house without a cane by the same principle.

• Like 3

I think there might be more to it that that though, because after all, a big part of this trick working relies on the participants ability to control their fear. Now they may or may not be pre-selected and trained, but still. One flinch and it's a broken bone or a cut head.

Pretty risky if he wasn't absolutely sure. And you'd need to have big balls to get that assurance entirely from your spacial memory.

I agree though, that may very well be it. Either way. It is very impressive.

No, he is just a fairly good illusionist.

These illusions are usually far far less dangerous than they appear. The trick is to make what happens seem far more dangerous or magical than what really happens.

Here is his follow up semi-final performance.

Most of what he does is to put you off how he does it.

Best,

I think there might be more to it that that though, because after all, a big part of this trick working relies on the participants ability to control their fear. Now they may or may not be pre-selected and trained, but still. One flinch and it's a broken bone or a cut head.

Could still be rehearsed, but yep. either answer will do. We will probably never know!

Could have been an earpiece in one of his ears with someone instructing him on where to go, although I didn't see one. In a few years, after google glasses come out, when they have a contact lens version, you could blindfold yourself and have a video of what's happening being streamed live to your contacts. Pretty trippy. Obviously that technology isn't here yet, so I have no idea how he does it.

Sign in to follow this