Sign in to follow this  
Republic Of Zen

Taoist temples to study in

I am wandering about Europe from August onwards. I'll be stopping in zen monasteries to find a place to live. But I can be convinced to practice taoism in a temple somewhere. Does anyone know any in Europe to train as taoist priest? I'm giving up mundane life.

I have been practicing the tradition of mantak chia which is associated with Dragons Gate Taoism.

I am not aware of away to get to Asia but I can try.

• Like 2

Won't find any Taoist monasteries that I know of.

Most temples, you can't really STAY to live in from what I know.

Buddhist monasteries though. It's full of them in Europe.

Google is your friend.

Won't find any Taoist monasteries that I know of.

Most temples, you can't really STAY to live in from what I know.

Buddhist monasteries though. It's full of them in Europe.

Google is your friend.

I really hate it when people keep suggetsing I use Google. It is very rude.
The monastery I am visting I found through recommadtion. "Googling" things doesnt nessicary lead to getting answers.
  • Like 1

Hey R.O.Z,

Yes Barcelona is the only one I know of. If you don't like Google try Yahoo lol.

If I was to offer a friend advice regarding what you have asked I would say forget temples, forget travelling, the Tao you want to know is already where you are. Enter the temple of nature, spend time sitting among trees, rivers, wild meadows. Every single one of us already KNOWS. We were born Knowing - it is deep inside of us but we overlook it by constantly DOING and trying to get somewhere.

The antidote is not-doing. Smell a flower and Be. Then you might notice the sweet fragrance of your True-Self. You are the Teacher.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

• Like 2

Hey R.O.Z,

Yes Barcelona is the only one I know of. If you don't like Google try Yahoo lol.

If I was to offer a friend advice regarding what you have asked I would say forget temples, forget travelling, the Tao you want to know is already where you are. Enter the temple of nature, spend time sitting among trees, rivers, wild meadows. Every single one of us already KNOWS. We were born Knowing - it is deep inside of us but we overlook it by constantly DOING and trying to get somewhere.

The antidote is not-doing. Smell a flower and Be. Then you might notice the sweet fragrance of your True-Self. You are the Teacher.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

That is sound advice. I am escaping the office to live nature from August onwards. A temple would just help boost chi excercises.

• Like 1

nature has the the best temples anyways

enjoy your journey, sounds like a big time under taking, preparedness is key

are you going it alone?

here is one of the temples i visit

NaturalArch.WhitleyCityKy.jpg

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 3

nature has the the best temples anyways

enjoy your journey, sounds like a big time under taking, preparedness is key

are you going it alone?

here is one of the temples i visit

NaturalArch.WhitleyCityKy.jpg

Myself, my friend and his wife are touring Europe living in the back of a car. We have little money so will be checking out sustainable living communities. Spending a lot of time with the Rainbow Gatheirng of the Family of Light. I'll be spending a week in a zen monastery so I can compare lifestyle choices.
I would stick to living in Dublin city if I didnt have to work in an office. It takes about 40mins to get to wilderness and I have a lot of spiritual friends, but the mundane culture is too over powering. I find it difficult to relax around these drunk violent apes that insist they make rules for me to live by.
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this