RongzomFan

Is Buddhism atheistic?

Buddhism is a Dharma, not a religion.

Dharma is an Indian concept that westerners will never understand.

never? that's a bit damning ...

What is a religion then?

Do Buddhists pray to Buddha?

Do Buddhists hold any sort of concept about existence?

Do Buddhists accept money for anything they do?

The answer is of course yes to all these.

"Westerners will never understand".... Could you put your intellectual self any higher ....? ... Geez.

It's hilarious how you think terms themselves need to be understood, when I think the reality is what needs to be understood.

What is a religion then?

Do Buddhists pray to Buddha?

Do Buddhists hold any sort of concept about existence?

Do Buddhists accept money for anything they do?

The answer is of course yes to all these.

"Westerners will never understand".... Could you put your intellectual self any higher ....? ... Geez.

It's hilarious how you think terms themselves need to be understood, when I think the reality is what needs to be understood.

I'm familiar with it. Things that are dependent are co arisen and therefore themselves have no actual identity or essence.

Retarted philosophy. The planet depends on the sun for its survival. The universe is like a clock in my mind that has many parts that continue its being. Just because phenomena arise out of cause and effect scenarios doesn't mean those phenomena are nothing...it means they are simply the outcome of a cause and effect unique to its environment. Like the creation of new species...a new species is a unique thing as compared to all that which predated and caused it.

"Existence is an extreme." - what does that even mean? ...existence is existence, that's the logical positivist point of view. Matters of extreme or not extreme or half extreme are all relative.

I'm familiar with it. Things that are dependent are co arisen and therefore themselves have no actual identity or essence.

That's a bullshit Tsongkhapa take on things.

The real essence of Madhyamaka is the "vajra sliver" reasoning. See Center of the Sunlit Sky.

Edited by alwayson