Sign in to follow this  
ToastedMaster

Defeating Your Enemies (pt.2)

Alright, then, a little history....

A Short History of Dan Capoeira

I just want to say a few words about our teacher, one of the greatest legendary fighters since Musashi or

Bruce Lee: Dan Capoeira.

Dan Capoeira was born the single son of the wealthy Capoeira family in Madrid. Soon after his birth, his

father Manolo Bison Capoeira had taken a job in Rio de Janeiro so they moved to Brazil.

In Dan's early years, he played about the streets of Rio, eventually discovering his calling--dancing. His

father was worried about keeping him out of trouble, so Manolo enrolled Dan in kung fu school. However,

more than anything, Dan wanted to dance.

His father would not tolerate him missing his martial arts classes, so Dan practiced and practiced until he one

day collapsed from exhaustion and had a revelation: Dan would disguise his dancing as fighting....

Dan, excited about his new discovery, the ability to dance and train fighting all at the same time, threw

himself whole-heartedly into the art. In time he would become the greatest Capoeirist to ever live.

Man, I remember this one time he was mugged by an entire football team and defeated them all with one

flying whirl kick. His fame spread throughout the Brazilian underground, and fighters from all over challenged

him, but none could defeat his superior foot work and devastating rhythm. His gung fu earned him the title

"King of all Badasses", but in time he grew tired of dancing around upstart baffoons, and disappeared,

embodying the elusive spirit of Capoeira. His whereabouts unknown, he would search until he could find

students worthy of his wisdom...

That is the exact same story I learned about the origins of Capoeira. The man who told it to me also said that Kung fu was started by a Roger Fu. Apparently Roger had an immature gagging reflex that made him thrash about when he tried to swallow food. Roger learned to turn his choking into a deadly weapons. He was once mugged by the entire bat mitton team and used it to DEFEAT his enemies.

Later he changed the name to Kung fu, because Roger Fu wasn't catchy enough.

Michael

That is the exact same story I learned about the origins of Capoeira. The man who told it to me also said that Kung fu was started by a Roger Fu. Apparently Roger had an immature gagging reflex that made him thrash about when he tried to swallow food. Roger learned to turn his choking into a deadly weapons. He was once mugged by the entire bat mitton team and used it to DEFEAT his enemies.

Later he changed the name to Kung fu, because Roger Fu wasn't catchy enough.

Michael

I'm not tracking here. I still contemplating on how Benny Hill and the little old man ran so damn fast.

My bad. My reply was late night ramblings. I have great respect for Capoeira's history and practitioners. The Dan story struck me as something out of the movies.

Michael

Sign in to follow this