voidisyinyang

Training like it's for the Olympics: Qigong Master Jim Nance visits my man-cave -- in spirit.

yeah my experience is that it takes the chi energy -- I mean to do 2 hrs nonstop with thighs flat - obviously the body is already filled with chi -- you can see this in the Shaolin training doc on youtube -- I've posted it here before...

Anyway so I remember as a kid our soccer coach showing us Isometric static posture and saying how it is just as effective as other types of exercises. I was immediately fascinated by this.

umm.... so the Emptiness creates the energy as movement -- but the Emptiness itself is static since it is the eternal process of movement. haha.

But yeah Chunyi says how people should always stand with knees slightly bent and how if someone locks their knees it causes stress. I can't imagine locking my knees while standing -- I wonder if I do this - but I highly doubt it - whenever I think to check I notice my knees are slightly bent. But I think my mom and sister may lock their knees. haha. I have to tell them to keep their knees slightly bent when they stand since being pedantical usually backfires. haha.

oh yeah the Jackie Chan movies when he has to do the horse stance as punishment -- classic. I can only last a couple minutes with the thighs flat like he does with candles on his shoulders and knees or bowls of water. With stacks under his backside or candles, or incense.

why did you break for breakfast? if you start getting hungry, put a little more focus on the lower dantien and you can alleviate the hunger until you're done. I had to do that while I was getting a massage yesterday to keep my stomach from rumbling :lol: if you find that you're getting hungry often while practicing in the morning like that, eat something small that wont be too much of a burden on digestive energy before you practice, do the session completely, it is more coherent. :)

yeah I skip b-fast as Dr. Mercola says how fasting is better -- and so then meditation is easier.

I know the monks do the opposite -- breakfast but no meal after lunch -- but I eat the leftovers from the others and so if I didn't eat after lunch then I would have to do total fast. I have done that before but anyway....

absolutely - the chi energy is also what allows for superlatively long breaths :D

With thighs flat I can do about 1 minute (if I'm lucky!) and my back won't even be straight. So I prefer to just stand with knees bent and stand for a lot longer like that. My right leg feel a lot weaker than my left.. It's always first to start shaking and shakes a lot more than my left. I suspect that my right kidney may be more deficient perhaps (in fact intuition tells me this is the case).

There are times when I wished I had the in-the-flesh supervision of a master to kick my ass and make me do some punishing stance work! A lot easier to flunk out early when your alone haha.

The main reason I try to do breakfast is because my TCM professor said its the most important meal of the day because between 7-11 the energy is predominate in your stomach/spleen meridians and therefore you get the most energy from eating at this time of day.

• Like 1

true - I was just saying probably best not to put breakfast in the middle of practice :D

true - I was just saying probably best not to put breakfast in the middle of practice :D

oh yea no arguement there haha

• Like 1