RiverSnake

Timing of Magic Over a Lifetime

But what to offer?

Sometimes people who don't know I'm allergic to peanut butter say "I'm sorry I've been such a dick, here, I bought you an extra large snickers bar."

Gee, thanks for the present, I can't eat it. Maybe you shoulda asked around and figured out what I like, or maybe even asked me :P

My understanding is it depends on the type of spirit. Nature spirits, elementals, deities.....etc...I am sure you could find a book on the topic or just ask. Generally, when we ask answers will intuitively "well up" in our minds.

My 2 cents, Peace

I've never seen incense go wrong :). I'd probably hold off on the other more serious offerings until you get some idea of what sorts of spirits you are dealing with, how friendly they are and so forth. Or if you already do know who's around (and work with the divine daily) candles and other things are good too. If spirits are hanging around you in particular, they are obviously just fine with how you would naturally do things, and the system you practice. It just tends to work out that way.

I think there are two types of offerings.

1 ) things, objects that correspond to the entity (resonate with it) by colour, taste, smell or other aspect.

2 ) things which have value to you ... which you are giving up to show your genuine intent.

The first is more normal I think.

Another good piece on magical mishaps, but referring to nature spirits specifically. Good stuff. http://www.inominandum.com/blog/because-you-should-know-better/

My 2 cents, Peace

A highly complimentary article on a similar topic from the same author. Really digging his work.

http://www.inominandum.com/blog/i-am-the-emily-post-of-the-occul/

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

A pattern I have noticed from a lot of experienced occult practitioners is that they were usually brought into the craft through some very intense suffering and trials and tribulations (terrible upbringing, negative influences, life sucking...etc). Some of them came to this suffering though there own stupidity and "playing" with magic and getting blown up......while others came from magically gifted families or were naturally gifted and completely rejected it and thus got there ass kicked by life and spirits until they were forced back into Esotericism through pure desperation to somehow save their skin.

What's most interesting is many of these practitioners look back on there experiences 10-20 years later and recognize there experiences as a kind of informal shamanic initiation in which they were tested by spirits and the path. It's interesting stuff.

My 2 cents, Peace

I agree.

Kundalini sometimes lays its seed deep inside to adhere Her roots, later on.

wow do I have stories lol

"When Magic Blows Up".

• Like 1

A pattern I have noticed from a lot of experienced occult practitioners is that they were usually brought into the craft through some very intense suffering and trials and tribulations (terrible upbringing, negative influences, life sucking...etc). Some of them came to this suffering though there own stupidity and "playing" with magic and getting blown up......while others came from magically gifted families or were naturally gifted and completely rejected it and thus got there ass kicked by life and spirits until they were forced back into Esotericism through pure desperation to somehow save their skin.

What's most interesting is many of these practitioners look back on there experiences 10-20 years later and recognize there experiences as a kind of informal shamanic initiation in which they were tested by spirits and the path. It's interesting stuff.

My 2 cents, Peace

Was recently listening to a podcast and a couple of experienced practitioners were talking about how many people whom practice magic for a time often go on ego trips and develop messiah complexes and usually that nothing short of death ever breaks that complex....ie.....brings them back to sanity.

However, for the people whom really get there ass handed to them early on in there career that level of ego inflation never really happens because they know there not all that and a box of cheese and there are a lot bigger fish in the pond than themselves. I guess these things like getting our ego completely flattened early on can have duel purposes. Interesting stuff.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

A good way of keeping balance is to periodically take short sabbaticals away from magickal states. I found out my nervous system was getting severely fried by Enochian magick over long periods of time.

Simple OCD episodes, etc allow the practitioner to see how godforms and complex energy streams can overload the psyche and cause imbalance.

This also curtails bouts of megalomania

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 2

Really enjoyed the 2013 Crucible Panels. The panels were on "What Magicians Do" and "The Use of Curses". The Curse one was actually pretty hilarious. Good stuff. Very interesting to hear how people approach this stuff philosophically speaking and how they view cause and effect, karma, how it effects your life vector, personality....etc.

http://deeper-down-the-rabbit-hole.com/2013/11/episode-112-crucible-2013-panel-magicians/

http://deeper-down-the-rabbit-hole.com/2013/12/episode-115-crucible-convention-2013-panel-curses/

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi