Sign in to follow this  
joeblast

The Riddle of the Egyptian Rods

Plenty of us remember our old friend Yoda - he had given me a set of Egyptian healing rods a while back, the heart ones - and told me to make use of them for a while, then pass them on. I've already kept them far longer than I had planned, so since its springtime, time for some cleaning.

I didnt want to just have whomever raised their hand first get them, so I decided that hm...aha, a puzzle, a riddle, that will be the perfect way to pass these on! Since I have my head buried in other things right now, I had to outsource the generation of the riddle - but, we also dont want to punish the riddlemaker by making her ineligible - so to get around that, there will be a time limit! If nobody solves the riddle within the time period, then the riddler shall win by default :D Does one week sound like enough time?

In the heart-full spirit of our ol buddy Yoda, these rods shall be property of TTBs, the only requirement of possession should be make use of them for a time, then pass 'em on!

If you dont know what they look like (stock internet photo)

194.jpg

And now for the riddle,

Late at night, John came home drunk, drank some water and went straight to bed. When he woke up in the morning, Mary was already dead.

Why?

You have until midnight next thursday :)

Too easy.

edit: Wait, now I see it:

Mary was bludgeoned by an Egyptian Rod :o

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I hope she didnt have a heart attack.

Anyway, he got drunk at her funeral.

or,

Mary was a goldfish (or similar) and the drunk came home and drank its water from its bowl before going to sleep ... hence dead by morning ..

I could probably describe the feeling from the star consciousness rods a little better, I was more sensitive to those than the heart rods. The heart rods feel...equanimous? :lol: And the SC ones are...sparkly glowy, higher frequency, more potent, at least to me. Not sure what I'll do with that pair just yet B) Admittedly, I wouldnt have bought that pair if I hadnt have messed with Yoda's pair of SC rods first and had a little familiarity with them.

Mr Lerner, quick as a whip this mornin! :)

I hope she didnt have a heart attack.

Anyway, he got drunk at her funeral.

or,

Mary was a goldfish (or similar) and the drunk came home and drank its water from its bowl before going to sleep ... hence dead by morning ..

I was thinking the SAME thing - mary was a goldfish. haha.

(I am) Winner by P.M. I'm going on vacation soon. I wouldn't mind being second in line for the rods if/when they're available. From what I remember they're something of a 'Kunlun' accessory. Max recommended them. I'd probably want to brush up my position before using them anyway.

M.

(I am) Winner by P.M. I'm going on vacation soon. I wouldn't mind being second in line for the rods if/when they're available. From what I remember they're something of a 'Kunlun' accessory. Max recommended them. I'd probably want to brush up my position before using them anyway.

M.

Heh, I had started to reply to that but was distracted by work, then browser crashed before I sent it :D I suppose in that case, if cat wants 'em, I'll ship 'em over the pond and she can send them to you when done :)

hah, maybe for third in line, guess the riddler :lol:

I'd like for Friend to have them!

After you solved the riddle as well! Generous.

After you solved the riddle as well! Generous.

Actually I did it completely alone.

If the answer is that he got drunk at her funeral.

otherwise................the WINNER is Apech, only I think he prefers to be incognito on this, to avoid paparazzi.

Actually I did it completely alone.

If the answer is that he got drunk at her funeral.

otherwise................the WINNER is Apech, only I think he prefers to be incognito on this, to avoid paparazzi.

I already have a rod which I am very attached to ...

Perhaps I should have said only guess if you want the rods :lol: Ok - I had already sent Friend a message after thelerner and cat deferred, and cat said send them to Friend, so they will be off on their way shortly to Friend - who can then determine in whatever way he sees fit how they are passed on to the next recipient when he is done with them :)

Perhaps I should have said only guess if you want the rods :lol: Ok - I had already sent Friend a message after thelerner and cat deferred, and cat said send them to Friend, so they will be off on their way shortly to Friend - who can then determine in whatever way he sees fit how they are passed on to the next recipient when he is done with them :)

I am still wondering what the answer is.

Sign in to follow this