Sanzon

Central channel within the sushumna

Personally, I'm skeptical about this.

In my opinion, if you want a downward movement of energy, you should use the front channel.

I speak especially from the perspective of a practitioner who embraces semen retention.

In the AYP of Yogani, people cultivate the central channel with spinal breathing (upward and downward movements):

at first, they get an unusual need to urinate often, then practitioners find semen in their urine.

They assume that this is a natural phenomena, a desirable effect because they think that the semen will be refined in this way.

In my opinion, this is not correct cultivation because -in my actual understanding- if one cultivates the front channel can completely avoid this weird thing.

Hope to be not too far from the truth :P

sushumna moves up and down, simultaneously and continuously as muktananda taught

there are a series of smaller and smaller channels inside sushumna, which increase in the subtlety of the energy transmitted as they decrease in size, down to an extraordinarily small channel which is just void, according to goswami (layayoga)

but none of them move downward specifically, its just that the sushumna isn't limited to up or down , its both

• Like 2

sushumna moves up and down, simultaneously and continuously as muktananda taught

there are a series of smaller and smaller channels inside sushumna, which increase in the subtlety of the energy transmitted as they decrease in size, down to an extraordinarily small channel which is just void, according to goswami (layayoga)

but none of them move downward specifically, its just that the sushumna isn't limited to up or down , its both

Basically correct.

In basic yogic literature, the energy going through sushumna is described as going up. That's what you'll find commonly and first... and that might be what you experience first. However, it does go up and down. Also resonates outward and inward. (SoHam is a very interesting tool to explore those. ... and, imho, "om" might be used as a compact version of "SoHam" - and with the soham knowledge it helps a lot.)

And, more importantly and to the point, sushumna has an especially potent relationship to Emptiness (or "void" as noted above) and Light. A super important phrase in the 6 Yogas literature is "enter, abide and dissolve". Meaning, you go into sushumna (enter) and stay there, stabley concentrated in the center of a chakra (abide) and let the energy refine into Light (dissolve). It's a huge huge HUGE key to all of cultivation, changes everything.

The intersections of the major chakras with sushumna, *that's* where it happens. Call it the "mysterious pass" or "the secret of the golden flower" or "bindus". Super important. Get that, and %90 of all spirituality will suddenly make sense to you.

- Trunk

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 5