Sign in to follow this  
Harmonious Emptiness

Tai Chi Foundations

If anyone has videos on Tai Chi foundation practices, this is tha place!

Here's two from B.K. Frantzis on proper form, some constants in most Tai Chi movement, and just some things to keep the internal and external flow happening:

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 1

Charles Tauber has an excellent series of 10 videos in which he explains many of the foundations of taijiquan. Charles has studied Chen village lineage taiji and has recently started studying under Chen Zhonghua.

• Like 2

Simon Thakur is an Australian teacher of movement therapy and a Gao bagua practitioner under Luo Dexiu. These Feldenkrais inspired exercises are excellent for assisting in creating a taiji body.

• Like 1

Mike Martello has a bunch of videos up on his channel. The jibengong and New Mexico seminar footage are both CRITICAL to developing a martial arts/qigong lower body. A lot of Western practitioners do not have the lower body foundation to practice any Chinese martial art properly and these exercises are often ignored but are the very basis of practice.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mikemartello/videos?view=0

• Like 2

Guest Charles Tauber

Charles has studied Chen village lineage taiji and has recently started studying under Chen Zhonghua.

Thanks for the referral. Just for the record, before studying Chen style Taiji, I practiced Yang style. I have studied Chen village and Feng (Hun Yuan) styles and have studied Hong's practical method off and on since the late 1990's, including a little with Liu Chengde.

Hi Charles!
I want to chime in here about your custom made taiji sticks (bangs) and rulers! They are so beautiful!
I use the tai chi bang you made me every day, and really appreciate your guidance in choosing the wood and sizing it for my body and purpose. You offer a wonderful service. Thank you!

Also, your youTube bang videos are the most helpful I've found.

cheya

To see Charles' custom taiji sticks and rulers, go here:
http://charlestauber.com/sticksandrulers/

Edited by cheya

Here's two from B.K. Frantzis on proper form, some constants in most Tai Chi movement, and just some things to keep the internal and external flow happening:

Great vids. The one where BKF explains how all taiji movement is an expression of stretching and bending was very helpful, especially for such a seemingly innocuous motion as 'commencement'.

Here's another series of videos that I found helpful, featuring Ian Sinclair teaching the finer points of various movements in the Tai Chi 10 form:

Tai Chi 10 form is a condensed form using 10 moves done both to the left and right, taking place within the space of about 1-2 steps. Great form for appartments, limited spaces, time constraints, as well as promoting balance. And accessible for beginners too. And, if you know some taiji moves, you can make up your own 10 form set.

8)

Sign in to follow this