Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada reveals Vedic knowledge.

He hardly found any so-called first-class men. The best thing that he got was... people who imitated him.

Try to find some video of the new "heads" of the movement: they talk and behave like actors. Actors with one single character to play: Swami Prabhupada.

At least, this is my impression.

hm?

He said himself there was little to none... Brahmins left / or people pursing such?

In another interview he said... Aryans can become demons and demons can become Aryan depending on... primarily the civilization (culture).

The culture we have today is in no way suited to realizing such ideals on a large scale...

Maybe a few here and there will search, stumble upon it and pursue...

Why these few?

How do we flip this culture to a Vedic one?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Personally, I think that vedic culture isn't an universal one. It's an ancient model, suited for ancient time...

He also said that every spiritual practice except mahamantra is useless.

Lots of very questionable statements.

I was interested in this movement a few years ago: reality is far from theory here.

I have watched only a few of these videos with S.Prabhupada

+ relatively new to Vedic / Brahmanism etc

Thanks for your input :)

hm?

He said himself there was little to none... Brahmins left / or people pursing such?

In another interview he said... Aryans can become demons and demons can become Aryan depending on... primarily the civilization (culture).

The culture we have today is in no way suited to realizing such ideals on a large scale...

Maybe a few here and there will search, stumble upon it and pursue...

Why these few?

How do we flip this culture to a Vedic one?

Srila prabhupada? As in founder of iskcon?

My experiences with a few luminaries of iskcon has not been positive. I get similar feedback from other friends who have engaged iskconites in discussions.

Vedic culture is alive to a large extent in India albeit it has changed with time. There are aspects of it that are atemporal. Especially the 4 ashrams or stages of life model. Unfortunately the aspects of Vedic culture that are most enriching are considered obsolete...

I watched it entirely.

If it makes people happy does it really matter?

I have met a few Hare Krishna people in the city... very genuine, caring people.

I have shared a meal with them also... :D

Hi wolf,

people who are marginally involved are usually quite happy.

It's pleasant to chant all the time.

Then, there are the initiates who should follow very strict rules. Good rules, of course.

But most people are simply not qualified to follow them... it's too difficult and devotees usually end in developing emotional imbalances and psychological problems (when those things weren't already present).

One rule that give terrible troubles to devotees is

No illicit sex

Everything has its place, and that includes sex. When sex takes place within marriage, and for the sake of having children, it's fine. You're accepting the pleasure, and you're accepting the responsibility.

Otherwise, sex brings about entanglement, exploitation, disappointment, and illusion. For spiritual advancement, you want to simplify your life and bring your mind and senses under your control. Being temperate about sex helps you

They give initiations to people who are not prepared... otherwise there would be few dozens of initiates in the all world.

Search for stories of ex-hare krishna and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by DAO rain TAO
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this