Hi all

I have been practicing Qigong and Yoga for some time, now particularly Kriya Yoga from Dwami Satyananda's lineage.

The interesting thing about the Kriyas mentioned in this tradition, is that it performs the Microcosmic Orbit on the opposite direction; i.e. up the front of the body and down the back.

After practicing Pranayama for a couple of years, I started to notice that I could feel the Qi around my body, particularly as a buzzing and magnetic sensation, this sensation went on for along time, so that I even forgot how it was not to feel it. But things changes after the Kriya Yoga practices started.

Funny enough, today, after my Kriya Practices, I stop feeling the Qi sensations, and feel compeltely grounded in my body. By grounded I do not mean the grounded that I feel during Qigong (During Qigong, I actually feel that alot of energy is spread out through my body and forming the shape of my body). but after my Kriya Yoga practices, I feel absolutely no energy through my body, but I do feel happy and light and euphoric and active.

The conclusion that i took of this experience is that the contrary motion actually compresses the Qi into Jing. I have read this in a Qigong book of Master Yang, but I actually experienced it with the Kriyas.

I have never had the same experience by bringing my intent to my Dantien after practice, and I wounder if the energetic mechanics are the same. I.e. if I bring my intent and Qi corerctly to my Lower Dantien, if it will be stored as Jing and ground my by withdrawing my Qi from around my body (which is very bad if you want to give a walk in town, or talk to people without "feeling" them)

I will post an image showing the basic principles.

The arrow with the character "I", represents the conversion of expanded Qi into Jing, or the inverted Microcosmic Circulation (known as the wind path)

The arrow with the Character "II", respresents the conversion of concentrated Jing into expanded Qi, or the normal Microcosmic Cicrulation.

Interesting enough, it is said that alot of yoguic practices open up higher centres of energy (associated with captation of expanded Qi), to in those cases, to ground it into you body, it really is acdvisable to do some inverted MCO.

post-78900-0-42156400-1359474524_thumb.jpg

please, do comment on this post, and if anyone knows the answer if bringing intent to Lower Dantien is intended to have the sme effects, also please manifest yourselves!

Thank You

• Like 1

feeling qi/yang-emptiness/yin, you have a path to manifest either. about the reverse mco I am a little more uncertain, as I havent practiced a ton of it - the regular way, or the 3dantiens way I discerned. it does not seem to be merely a mirror reversal of the loop and energetic effects thereof, but I cant say much further because the questions have only recently been raised in my head :)

feeling qi/yang-emptiness/yin, you have a path to manifest either.

Cool! let me know more about it when you do have practiced! And when bringing awarness to the Lower Dantien, does the Qi convert to Jing?

Cool! let me know more about it when you do have practiced! And when bringing awarness to the Lower Dantien, does the Qi convert to Jing?

I have no idea what I talking about. I just repeat what I've read.

Qi can't convert back to Jing.

The euphoric feeling you have is probably the result of Qi converting to Shen.

I also curious about the direction of MCO. I only heard about reverse. I'd like to know what the normal flow would do.

I also curious about the direction of MCO. I only heard about reverse. I'd like to know what the normal flow would do.

Yes, you're right. No body knows what (s)he was talking about. It is just like you said everybody just repeat what they'd read or told. There is no way one can tell when it is going normal or reverse. It is only in the imaginary.....:)

Edited by ChiDragon

Yes, you're right. No body knows what (s)he was talking about. It is just like you said everybody just repeat what they'd read or told. There is no way one can tell when it is going normal or reverse. It is only in the imaginary..... :)

I don`t agree with you.

Ofcourse, you can feel the Qi circulating it is not only imaginary, uahuahuahauha.

when I do the reverse MCO I stop feeling Qi round my body and feel grounded to my physical body, which means that the Qi was stored some how. I Think that is could have been stored as Jing. I am not sure about it that is why I posted.

i think that Qi seems imaginary for those you do not feel it`s objectivity.

Unfortunately, we do have trolls on this forum. You should put chi dragon on your block list now and save future trouble..

Unfortunately, we do have trolls on this forum. You should put chi dragon on your block list now and save future trouble..

I don't think he's trolling, isn't he just repeating the official Chinese government line towards these issues? Which is one valid if limited perspective. I guess that could be trolling if its conscious propaganda, but I doubt it is.

• Like 1

JQS is a background process, and unless you're doing internal alchemy a la taoist yoga, I havent heard of any confirmatory signs of such outside of what's there - but that relies on controlling and filling the generative force before full jing transmutation takes place.

I think it can, although in normal circumstances the mechanism is inefficient, like trying to fill a container that has an open spigot ;) As I understand JQS they all constantly transmute into one another. It only reaches a stage of mainly converting to this or that after the generative force is tamed and filled, vitality restored (since the spigot is no longer open) and then, brimming with vitality, the congealing into spirit takes place. Before that there is simply insufficient ingredient, insufficient energetic potential.

That said, I think knowing the mechanism is beneficial, but for pretty much all of us, the mechanism is sufficiently obscured that we simply will not be able to work "directly" with it. So MoG in a sense you're correct in that some of the JQS takes place, but its really not something we can control at a granular level.

Settling into deep stillness is the best way to integrate the energy cultivated.

wrt fws vs reverse mco, if you've ever seen one of those 4d tesseract animations that folds in upon itself continually, that's kinda what reverse mco feels like to me.

runcitrunc8cell-002.gif

• Like 2

I don`t know if this is a Troll, but i sure do know that it is pleasent to talk to people who make an effort to comprehend reality and share their experiences and knowledge in a humble and multi point of view manner.

JQS is a background process, and unless you're doing internal alchemy a la taoist yoga, I havent heard of any confirmatory signs of such outside of what's there - but that relies on controlling and filling the generative force before full jing transmutation takes place.

Settling into deep stillness is the best way to integrate the energy cultivated.

runcitrunc8cell-002.gif

nice...

i have dificulty preserving my generative force (sexual energy? semen retention - ?? ), often ejaculating during sleep, I notice that the night emission often takes place when i am stressed because of a visit to big city and taking loudy and crowded trains, hehe, working on that.

About the conversion of Jing - Qi - Shen. Isn`t this that originated the cosmos? from sutil do gross, Spirit - Qi - Jing.

Which, theorically speaking, means that if a person has complete control over those mechanisms, she / he would be able to constantly restore and create new physical bodies? and even to materialize objects and all "a la Babaji" (with reverence).

I don`t agree with you.

Ofcourse, you can feel the Qi circulating it is not only imaginary, uahuahuahauha.

when I do the reverse MCO I stop feeling Qi round my body and feel grounded to my physical body, which means that the Qi was stored some how. I Think that is could have been stored as Jing. I am not sure about it that is why I posted.

i think that Qi seems imaginary for those you do not feel it`s objectivity.

The bold statement says all.

Edited by ChiDragon

Sign in to follow this