Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

The One... The Many...?

The concept of "we are all one" / "one consciousness"

doesnt sit well with myself...

all I can think of in terms of ^ is borg/hive mind.

Somewhat like saying... we all breathe air therefore we are all the same...

things are more complex I believe...

the universe... more playful / unique ...

any thoughts?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

My perspective is, imagine an octopus. Each mind-stream is an individual tentacle, but each tentacle has a common basis (the head) and the whole thing is 'octopus'. You can't say they're separate, but nor is it quite oneness.

As for 'one consciousness'... I don't think consciousness is any more fundamental than matter or chi! Just another skhanda, not self and subject to change. I see the Self as the fundamental 'suchness' behind the emptiness of phenomena, not consciousness.

Edited by Seeker of the Self

We all are special and unique. I've said this before. I can be redundant.

And I don't want anyone else's consciousness messing with mine. I have enough work keeping mine in check.

• Like 2

I reckon we are individuals , some aren't comfortable with that idea hence group think etc.

Edited by GrandmasterP

The film that Tibetan_Ice drew attention to is very good on the oneness aspect, if you have time to watch it, it might clarify, it certainly clarified a lot for me about oneness,and I have only watched the first two parts so far.

http://www.innerworldsmovie.com/

at the moment, we seem to me to all be parts of the jumping shape in a water and cornflour experiment on a loudspeaker..

My perspective is, imagine an octopus. Each mind-stream is an individual tentacle, but each tentacle has a common basis (the head) and the whole thing is 'octopus'. You can't say they're separate, but nor is it quite oneness.

I like this analogy. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this