Sign in to follow this  
DentyDao

Letter from David Shen

We're not sheep who just roll over and spread our legs when were being attacked.

Do sheep really do that? and can I ask how you know that???

T

T

No idea :lol: Perhaps you can do some field research and report back to the forum.

Edited by seandenty

I think you have Buddhism confused with the hippy movement of the 1960's. We're not sheep who just roll over and spread our legs when were being attacked.

No, but most Buddhists I know at least pretend to be nice. You're just a big meanie. :P

No, but most Buddhists I know at least pretend to be nice. You're just a big meanie. :P

I'm neither mean nor overly polite. I just ask that people think before they start shooting their mouths off about me. If you have a legitimate criticism of my views, then state them clearly and directly and I will happily give you an honest and direct answer. But please don't come whining to me about your personality conflicts. You just sound like a teenager trying to start a fight.

Have a point and be honest about it. Don't try and hide behind grandiose words and emotional babble about how my writing is somehow an attack against the validity of your spiritual existence.

Buddhists don't pretend anything... wrong again.

S

Edited by seandenty

I'm neither mean nor overly polite.

Yes you are.

Buddhists don't pretend anything... wrong again.

Yes they do. I've spent a lot of time with them.

T

Yet one more misconception

We had no "happy movement" in the 60's, that I can remember, but you know what some say about the 60's if you can remember it you weren't there, they must be the "happy movement" refered to...

For most, it was a time of great social upheaval when the static forces of racial , sexual and economic oppression were taken out to the streets, where we subjected each-other to a trade-off of body-blows that had the world reeling and indeed changed the world through both non-violent and violent action.

Many of us publicly dared the US army to draft us, teach us killing skills and see what would happen...Few were sheepish about their convictions in those days. The non-violence of many was admired by all in what was known as "The Movement"...But most were too realistic to expect the narrow-minded forces of the status quo to quit without a fight. We busted a move indeed and changed the world a bit for the better.

We ended that f-ing war through fighting the police in the streets and letting the war-mongers know we would fight but not FOR them. My draft # was 1 (out of 365) in 1972. The SSS ended the draft ten days before what would have been my military induction date. They knew guys my age were going to mess them up from the inside out.

Edited by Wayfarer64

Yet one more misconception

We had no "happy movement" in the 60's, that I can remember, but you know what some say about the 60's if you can remember it you weren't there, they must be the "happy movement" refered to...

For most, it was a time of great social upheaval when the static forces of racial , sexual and economic oppression were taken out to the streets, where we subjected each-other to a trade-off of body-blows that had the world reeling and indeed changed the world through both non-violent and violent action.

Many of us publicly dared the US army to draft us, teach us killing skills and see what would happen...Few were sheepish about their convictions in those days. The non-violence of many was admired by all in what was known as "The Movement"...But most were too realistic to expect the narrow-minded forces of the status quo to quit without a fight. We busted a move indeed and changed the world a bit for the better.

We ended that f-ing war through fighting in the streets and letting the war-mongers know we would fight but not FOR them. My draft # was 1 (out of 365) in 1972. The SSS ended the draft ten days before what would have been my military induction date. They knew guys my age were going to mess them up from the inside out.

You really are the greatest. Hurray for you.

Seriously though, that's awsome dude. Down with war.

Edited by seandenty

Sign in to follow this