RongzomFan

Why is this called Vedanta Discussion?

Before Europeans came to india.

You don't see to get it. The Hinduism you follow is based on European orientalism.

The whole idea of "Hinduism" or "Sanātana Dharma" as an ancient monolithic entity based on the Bible of the Vedas and Upanishads is orientalist.

The Orientalists backdated the Vedas, Upanishads, Gita more than anyone, which now the reformists have taken up.

You don't see to get it. The Hinduism you follow is based on European orientalism.

The whole idea of "Hinduism" or "Sanātana Dharma" as an ancient monolithic entity based on the Bible of the Vedas and Upanishads is orientalist.

The Orientalists backdated the Vedas, Upanishads, Gita more than anyone, which now the reformists have taken up.

You don't get it. The whole issue with dating the Indic scriptures is a direct result of Christian creationist theory ( tht god creates the world around 4000 bce).

The early philologists like max mullet ascribe a date of 1500 bce to the composition of the rig Veda purely due to that concept which was accepted as universal truth in 19th century Europe.

The traditional dates have never changed from the general epochal range. It is sad to see so much disinformation that has been internalized that the people who are native to these traditions are admonished for following their native narrative.

Anyway this is my last post on this topic. If you truly want to learn, come to me with an open mind and empty cup and I will share what I know...

If you truly want to learn, come to me with an open mind and empty cup and I will share what I know...

There is nothing you cited, that I'm not already familiar with. Not only do I know Indian history, I know the history of Indian history.

This is all like arguing colors with a blind man imho.

It's all the same stuff at the end. Nit-picking, pointing fingers, division, duality, "why is this here and not there," ...all of this is mind based vasanas/illusions. Really who cares? We're all better off in practice mode ....whatever that may be ...neti neti, anapanasati, pointers, koans, etc

I was once a "strict" Vedantist, and just through that "mode" all these other experiences started arising that Kashmir Shaivism discusses...

...it's all the same at the end. Different paths to the top of the mountain and arguing the differences is really like arguing over cookies and milk in kindergarten...

Oh and I love you guys all .....even though 'I' is an Illusion ;)