Sign in to follow this  
Marks of Glory

Visualization for Repairing Injured Tissues

I have heard sometime ago about how the visualization of certain colors are good for developing certain aspects of our human framework... But I do not remember the details.

Does anyone know what color is good for visualizing for developing healthy Tissue? Maybe there are difrerent colors for different tissue.

I am asking this because I had a torn meniscus recently, and am very afraid of not healing properly, which could possibly hinder by future practice in full lotus positions.

At the end of my Qigong practices I am visualizing just plain Qi, no color, passing through my knee and taking away all impurities, but maybe there is a specific color for catilage damage.

Does anyone know anything aboiut this?

Than you

I think this practice comes from the Healing Tao. Sometimes in the morning when the sun is relatively low I'll face it with my eyes closed. Watching the sun through closed lids I'll see bright fluorescent colors. I'll run/breath the colors through my core, bones, muscles, etc., I don't choose the colors but they tend to go from bright yellows fading darker into purples. I suppose if there is part of the body that needs special attention you can spend a bit more time putting the colors there.

Its supposed to be healing, it feels good to do. It's not exactly sun gazing since the eyes are closed.

I can't comment about the color visualizing, but I can give my experience from a similar injury. Three years ago, I tore my meniscus snowboarding. My knee was very swollen and was stuck in a partway bent position. The MRI showed a partial tear. I went to an orthopedic surgeon who said I would probably need surgery, and I was very upset. I knew the surgery removes some cartilage, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to run long distances after that. He said I could wait a month and if it doesn't heal I can get surgery.

About 10 days later, with my knee still extremely swollen and stuck in a bent position, I decided to get acupuncture. The first thing she said was that my leg was bent due to tense tendons and muscles in my leg, and we needed to straighten my leg or it would never heal. She finally was able to straighten it after some massage, and then did acupuncture. I ended up limping out of her office without my crutches. I went back for I think only 3 more sessions because I had to go back to college, but it ended up healing completely. In between sessions I just focused intention on healing my knee, and tried to eat cleansing foods. I just ate fruit, white rice, and steamed vegetables.

My advice would be to get acupuncture, especially if it is a recent injury. My understanding is that acupuncture works best when done as soon as possible. Hope this helps you some, and if its a partial tear I think its comforting to know that your body can heal itself if you let it.

• Like 2

Whenever I've had injury, I make sure to study the hell out of the anatomy and use that as a basis for further information so I can ascertain to the best of my ability exactly what's going on - I've never found colors to be that effective, what I've found to be most effective is just using the force of awareness to send the HEAL command and sometimes combine that with range of movement exploration. Good point runner about getting things corrected so that the healing will be optimal - sometimes if left to heal on its own it might not be the best most productive means of healing.

• Like 1

with my knee injury (which i still have, so maybe it isn't best to listen to me) what seems to work best is actually NOT sending any intention or energy to it, it tends to make it overactive and twitchy. i meditate for the pain in corpse pose with pillows elevating the knees and think about maintaining proper walking posture. i have wayyy better posture than i did before this injury. its still there, but the pain is a lot less intense

but like i said, it IS still there so i am not the best person to listen to

• Like 1

hold the leg at 90 and gently rotate the ankles in one direction for a few, then the other. bouncing legs during kl will also help with that.

• Like 1

I've screwed over both my knees pretty well, can't tell you what tore or whatever as I haven't had health insurance in 9 years so any sort of imaging is stupid expensive. Anyway, I used the soft braces from Walgreens and just tried to walk as well as possible. Now I mainly practice leg strengthening exercises that might be classified as jibengong were to have an instructor correct me but I don't have the funds for that.

Watching the sun through closed lids I'll see bright fluorescent colors. I'll run/breath the colors through my core, bones, muscles, etc.,

Thank You thelerner... I have seen a similar practice on he "qigong empowerment" book composed mainly by Grandmaster Shou Yu Liang. He says he learned this practice from buddhists, and that the bodies of the masters that has got very proficient in it actually dissappears when he / she dies, and kind of dissolves into rainbow colours... pretty cool, he says that it can be practices with a candle also, but I didn't read it very attentively and never tried practicing it.. I will surely try it now.

I can't comment about the color visualizing, but I can give my experience from a similar injury. Three years ago, I tore my meniscus snowboarding. My knee was very swollen and was stuck in a partway bent position. The MRI showed a partial tear. I went to an orthopedic surgeon who said I would probably need surgery, and I was very upset. I knew the surgery removes some cartilage, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to run long distances after that. He said I could wait a month and if it doesn't heal I can get surgery.

About 10 days later, with my knee still extremely swollen and stuck in a bent position, I decided to get acupuncture. The first thing she said was that my leg was bent due to tense tendons and muscles in my leg, and we needed to straighten my leg or it would never heal. She finally was able to straighten it after some massage, and then did acupuncture. I ended up limping out of her office without my crutches. I went back for I think only 3 more sessions because I had to go back to college, but it ended up healing completely. In between sessions I just focused intention on healing my knee, and tried to eat cleansing foods. I just ate fruit, white rice, and steamed vegetables. My advice would be to get acupuncture, especially if it is a recent injury. My understanding is that acupuncture works best when done as soon as possible. Hope this helps you some, and if its a partial tear I think its comforting to know that your body can heal itself if you let it.

Thank so very much my brother!

in my case it was a partial tare... I practice alot o Yoga meditations and full lotus, and it was diring a full lotus that it popped... I am very worried that I will never be able to enter into full lotus again.. but I am just waiting... I have discovered some nice exercices to open up the knee joints so that the meniscus isn't pinched... It has been three weeks since my inury.. my knee is still slightly painful, but with total movement range... I discovered it is now making like 4 different snaping sounds...

Those are the exercices:

Knee Openners:

http://www.yinyoga.c...nyoga_knees.php

Manduki Asana

http://fondfamily.fi...anduki-mudr.jpg

I highly recommend that people that practice ull lotus and feels pain in the meniscus pracice dilligently those exercises so that they do not snap the meniscus, and manage to staay longer periods in the lotus position...

Geese... I hopes that I had access to this information before popping my knee!

Am calling the acupuncture center right away...

http://www.google.co...iw=1024&bih=644

Norma Blakey is an expert on this stuff. She runs colour healing courses at our centre, they are well supported.

nice images... I thought that maybe the Golden Colour would be appropriate since it is associated with the root chakra, and physical body (Gold and Red in the Traditional scriptures).

But any way, I think I am just going to boost some energy through my knee after my Qigong practice and get some acupuncture done, since I do not manage to visualizy very well definite colours for long periods of time..

Thank you all

Edited by Marks of Glory
  • Like 1

My opinion on colors is this: if you want to make a color and associate it with feelings of healing, and sending qi to the area, then you can. Its optional. Some people perhaps were unconsciously forming colors in their deep unconscious mind while getting better from a sickness, and from then on, somehow associated the "getting better" with the color. In general, the type of people who go for colors for this or that, are weekend yoga class types, very superficial type of meditation. Personally I find green, because its the color of plant growth to me a nice color. But white I think is better for sending energy to a location. Its about the deep subconcious level associations, not the current defintion of a color category as thought by our programmed conscious minds.

If you want to have a healing animal, you just create one. A disease fighting cat. How about visualize maggots wriggling and eating the infected area? This is much closer to the reality of T-cells and natural killer cells that fight disease, compared to a color. The sun is very healing, so can fire be. So is water. They all have colors.

I don't use colors because it is never a focus for me in my normal perceptions. Being colorblind means that I can hallucinate colors that I could never see in physical reality. I'd rather not try to associate something in which I lack perception to my healing. It would be putting limitations on it that I do not need.

My opinion on colors is this: if you want to make a color and associate it with feelings of healing, and sending qi to the area, then you can. Its optional. Some people perhaps were unconsciously forming colors in their deep unconscious mind while getting better from a sickness, and from then on, somehow associated the "getting better" with the color. In general, the type of people who go for colors for this or that, are weekend yoga class types, very superficial type of meditation. Personally I find green, because its the color of plant growth to me a nice color. But white I think is better for sending energy to a location. Its about the deep subconcious level associations, not the current defintion of a color category as thought by our programmed conscious minds.

If you want to have a healing animal, you just create one. A disease fighting cat. How about visualize maggots wriggling and eating the infected area? This is much closer to the reality of T-cells and natural killer cells that fight disease, compared to a color. The sun is very healing, so can fire be. So is water. They all have colors.

hmmm...

I agree with you in some aspects.. I think it is possible to "create" a symbol subjectively and associate it with a power...

but I also think that there are certain symbols that are concrete in themselves. Theos Bernard for example says that White coloures light is usually associated with Kundalini, so I wouldn't use it anyway because of Kundalini's avasalating force... He says that certain colours are associated with certain Tattwas, but does not say much more...

Sign in to follow this