Sign in to follow this  
Starjumper

Problems with visualizing the MCO

and it happens without meditation or breathing:blink:

Is there a way to slow it down so that it feels more pronounced?

yes ... meditation and breathing.

What you're describing is good. There's absolutely no need to force or rush anything.

You might want to back off the "pump" 1/2 way incrementally until you get that same feeling w/ only the intention of lifting the perr. The same exercise can be done laying the arm on a table and lifting it 1" into the air, then 1/2" then 1/4" then 1/8" until the visable movement stops and you're only dealing with non-visable and finally intent mind only.

Good luck.

Spectrum

yes ... meditation and breathing.

What you're describing is good. There's absolutely no need to force or rush anything.

You might want to back off the "pump" 1/2 way incrementally until you get that same feeling w/ only the intention of lifting the perr. The same exercise can be done laying the arm on a table and lifting it 1" into the air, then 1/2" then 1/4" then 1/8" until the visable movement stops and you're only dealing with non-visable and finally intent mind only.

Good luck.

Spectrum

Thanks. I didn't think that I would be advancing this quickly with so little effort :blink:

I tried the circles on the abdomen after some experimenting with the breathing and squeezes (can't really call it meditating) a couple of days ago :blink: I have to look at the books again because I thought that I was going to make myself sick.

advancing this quickly with so little effort :blink:

I thought that I was going to make myself sick.

It's not that it's advancing, just remembering what's natural (imho) your activating a switch that is completely natural. Less is more. Finding what is natural is the Taoist philosophy of method. Gradually experiment, DON'T FORCE; it's obvious when you force things because you'll make yourself uncomfortable. Alignment and circulation are a completely natural thing. Taoist meditation always starts from WuJi, emptiness, without this primary starting place circulating won't be right. Less is more. Start at the beggining and find a teacher in your area, ( tai chi or chi gung or internal kung fu) teacher that starts their students out in wu ji.

Spectrum

Sign in to follow this