三江源

Personal Responsibility/ cultivating sagacity.

..., and the woman let the girl do her own climbing and figuring out but kept an unwavering focus on her, repeating all the while, before every step the little girl was about to take, "pay attention, sweetie, pay attention, now pay attention, pay attention, pay attention, honey, pay attention!" I thought she was a super mom. Most parents strike me as doing too much or not enough, choosing wrong battles for their kids' awareness of failing to fight when much is at stake... and wind up raising... um... girls who invest a lot of time and money into maintaining their cuticles, and boys who don't know they have cuticles.

To me what happened there is that the incentive for the mother to say "Pay attention!" was the belief that her daughter did NOT pay attention, and a fear-based belief is what sends manifestative energy into the world. The mother was figuratively speaking shooting a violent beam of failure at her daughter whose heart then had to try and defy it with self-confidence. The more independent that girl is, the less she believes her mother's word is the epitome of truth, the safer she is from mishaps.

P.S.: The new forum quoting function sucks. Can I have copy&paste-capable code again somehow?

Edited by Owledge

:o

I've been there, remember?.. I've been there watching the mother, and I've been there raising children. I assure you, you are reading/writing someone else's mother into the story I told. I wonder whose.

:o

I've been there, remember?.. I've been there watching the mother, and I've been there raising children. I assure you, you are reading/writing someone else's mother into the story I told. I wonder whose.

Mine, probably, ha hahaha.

You're right. I was thinking of your mother. I see clearly now. :lol: Praise people's assurances!