runner11

Hey everyone

New here. My name is Josh and I'm 24. I'm looking forward to learning about cultivation and if its possible through running. I ran in high school and college, and have always felt like it breaks down the ego. It always made me feel like I wasn't better than anyone, and nobody was better than me either if that makes sense. Just always had a gut feeling that distance running was right and looking forward to discussions about that and other people's opinions.

As far as contributing to the community, I would consider myself pretty knowledgeable about traditional Chinese medicine, specifically food therapy. I have been reading books about it ever since I was in 8th grade, and it has allowed me to cure eczema which I have had since I was born, as well as asthma and some other things. I believe no other form of medicine has ever existed that we know of with as complete an understanding of the human body as TCM, and my belief in the wisdom of TCM has led me to want to learn about other aspects of traditional chinese culture, which is why I'm here.

• Like 3

Hello, Josh, welcome to the forum!

I know what you mean about the self falling away when running, but I don't enjoy the running so much; it wears down my boots.

There is a path to be explored there, I think ... you just might be the expert in this area.

We can always use more medical insight, and there have been some questions in the area of food therapy that

might benefit from your participation.

:D Hello Josh & welcome to the forum,

I would be interested to hear about how you cured yourself of Asthma :D

TCM is more like a supplement in the western world as natural foods. The TCM doctor listens to one's pulses to determine what is a certain organ lack or need. Then, he will come up with a prescription of herbs for the supplements.

Hi Josh

running is the missing link man. Think about it. We as a species have been aroung a few hundred thousand years before JC. we hunted.. period. to hunt you have to run, or at least be able to keep walking fast for a while.

I ran at club level for a few years but would alternate between being a star and being a fun runner.