konchog uma

Shift of the Ages - the Mayan message

So surely you would all love something great to watch while you're waiting for the world to end. From now until Dec 21st 2012, http://www.shiftoftheages.com is allowing viewers to watch the web-release of Shift of the Ages, a documentary about Grandfather Wandering Wolf, the grand elder of the Maya today and one of their primary calendar and prophesy experts. He wanted to make it in 2005 and it is only being released now.

I am really excited about it, but i haven't watched it yet, so i don't have much more to say than that!

enjoy

• Like 3

just finished it... wow! youre welcome DrT

i recommend everyone to make some time in the next week to watch!

wandering wolf sets an amazing example

• Like 1

So what will happen on 21 December 2012 according to this film?

firstly i suggest actually watching the film. but i understand that people might not have the time or motivation to do so.

secondly, it doesn't make predictions. The mayans don't claim to know what the end of this "sun" or long age means. Lots of speculation and doomsday hyperbole has come from non-mayan sources, but the mayans themselves don't make those speculations or engage in that hype.

wandering wolf has always warned that if we don't stop degrading our environment and fighting wars we will destroy ourselves, but 1 anyone who looks out their window or even turns on the news could tell you that and 2 he doesnt give a timeline for engage in a "date of destruction"

the 12-21-2012 date signifies the end of a long age and the beginning of a new one, but that shift has a 50 year cusp, so don't expect anything to magically happen on sunrise of 12-21-12 :)

according to the aztecs, mayans, and hopis, the last 4 suns have ended with catastrophe as a way was made for the new age to blossom, so nobody in the indigenous world is acting like that event isn't significant. But wandering wolf knows better than to prophesy, for which i give him a lot of credit.

firstly i suggest actually watching the film. but i understand that people might not have the time or motivation to do so.

secondly, it doesn't make predictions. The mayans don't claim to know what the end of this "sun" or long age means. Lots of speculation and doomsday hyperbole has come from non-mayan sources, but the mayans themselves don't make those speculations or engage in that hype.

wandering wolf has always warned that if we don't stop degrading our environment and fighting wars we will destroy ourselves, but 1 anyone who looks out their window or even turns on the news could tell you that and 2 he doesnt give a timeline for engage in a "date of destruction"

the 12-21-2012 date signifies the end of a long age and the beginning of a new one, but that shift has a 50 year cusp, so don't expect anything to magically happen on sunrise of 12-21-12 :)

according to the aztecs, mayans, and hopis, the last 4 suns have ended with catastrophe as a way was made for the new age to blossom, so nobody in the indigenous world is acting like that event isn't significant. But wandering wolf knows better than to prophesy, for which i give him a lot of credit.

It is nice to hear something with positive origin after all these negative 21 December 2012 propaganda.

It is nice to hear something with positive origin after all these negative 21 December 2012 propaganda.

quite so

if you find the time to watch the movie you will see an amazing example of what it is to be a human being. Wandering Wolf is completely awesome

• Like 1

quite so

if you find the time to watch the movie you will see an amazing example of what it is to be a human being. Wandering Wolf is completely awesome

I will watch.

Native Americans are traditionally named for the first thing the father sees on leaving the teepee after mom gives birth to them so Wandering Wolf got a result.

His older brother 'Two Dogs F*cking'' was less fortunate.

• Like 1

Theres alot of evidence that the last ages have indeed ended trough a catastrophy. It isn't just the Mayans, some Yuga guys are on the same boat and are saying that the ages were downgrading. Going from better to worse, but now the change will go upwards. The traditionalists say that Kali Yuga lasts for more than 400 000 years but I'm not buying that, there are other takes on the matter by respected people. For example the fact that the Mayans have basicly the exact same predictions than the guys who are saying that Kali Yuga is not 400 000 years makes me lean torward the smaller cycle model. http://theyugas.com/2012-the-mayan-calendar-and-the-yugas/

What I'm hoping is that as the ages go upwards there isn't a need for a total wipe out. I mean how else could an age go downwards if the cultures had all the knowledge from the age before? The wipe outs were in a way necessary to make people forget what they knew, to truly have a "lesser" age. But what about now? It makes sense that to raise onto a greater age it would be handy to accumulate the knowledge. This is just me playing with ideas and hoping the world wouldn't end :P

The documentary was mainly about Wandering Wolf as a person, it did talk about the situation at hand when it comes to the Mayan calendar but the emphasis was on this great teacher and sage. He is truly a profound person.

Edited by raimonio
  • Like 1

Theres alot of evidence that the last ages have indeed ended trough a catastrophy. It isn't just the Mayans, some Yuga guys are on the same boat and are saying that the ages were downgrading. Going from better to worse, but now the change will go upwards. The traditionalists say that Kali Yuga lasts for more than 400 000 years but I'm not buying that, there are other takes on the matter by respected people. For example the fact that the Mayans have basicly the exact same predictions than the guys who are saying that Kali Yuga is not 400 000 years makes me lean torward the smaller cycle model. http://theyugas.com/...-and-the-yugas/

What I'm hoping is that as the ages go upwards there isn't a need for a total wipe out. I mean how else could an age go downwards if the cultures had all the knowledge from the age before? The wipe outs were in a way necessary to make people forget what they knew, to truly have a "lesser" age. But what about now? It makes sense that to raise onto a greater age it would be handy to accumulate the knowledge. This is just me playing with ideas and hoping the world wouldn't end :P

The documentary was mainly about Wandering Wolf as a person, it did talk about the situation at hand when it comes to the Mayan calendar but the emphasis was on this great teacher and sage. He is truly a profound person.

There will be a day of resurrection ending this world. It is for sure. But it will not take place on 21 December 2012. Nothing unusual will happen on that day.

I'll be in Tesco doing our Christmas Grocery Shopping on Friday 21st of December.

Anybody need anything?

Packet of prawn cocktail. Can't find them here. Thanks:-)

Tesco don't do a Heresy dip

They do

Cheese n Chive (yum)

Salsa (dunno)

Spicey BBQ (yechhh)

Garlic n Herbs (stinky)

I love a prawn.

Crisp, cracker or fresh, just love that prawny taste.

Mmmmmmmmm.

:wub:

Edited by GrandmasterP

There will be a day of resurrection ending this world. It is for sure. But it will not take place on 21 December 2012. Nothing unusual will happen on that day.

So I can relax for now?

Will you make a new thread when the world is really about to end please? Leave enough time for GMP to get back from Tesco - if it's anything like ours the traffic is awful aruond the apocalypse. And Sunday afternoons.

Rich

I'm going this Friday as they may well have some..

'Buy one Apocalypse - get another one free'

...offers on.

Hs to be nonsense NE wayb this end of the World schtick this Friday. Just had my 2013 Old Moore's Almanack via Amazon and all is well as usual..

January...

"The full moon on 27 January falls in Leo in a restrictive square to Saturn and an excitable trine to Uranus".

Always a good time when Leo is in an excitable trine to Yranus, seldom better.

Partaayyyy!!!!

"No return to boom but the investmant possibilities are excellent".

"2nd favourites at National Hunt Meetings may succeed best"

"The United nations may score a significant coup regarding the Middle East"

Ya heard it here first guys.

:D

I keep misreading GMP as GiMP.

Daddy?

If your mum lived in St Paul's and knew some soldiers who drank in the Duke of York on Jubilee Rd back around 1969/70 then ,quite possibly.

I'm going this Friday as they may well have some..

'Buy one Apocalypse - get another one free'

...offers on.

Hs to be nonsense NE wayb this end of the World schtick this Friday. Just had my 2013 Old Moore's Almanack via Amazon and all is well as usual..

January...

"The full moon on 27 January falls in Leo in a restrictive square to Saturn and an excitable trine to Uranus".

Always a good time when Leo is in an excitable trine to Yranus, seldom better.

Partaayyyy!!!!

"No return to boom but the investmant possibilities are excellent".

"2nd favourites at National Hunt Meetings may succeed best"

"The United nations may score a significant coup regarding the Middle East"

Ya heard it here first guys.

:D

I suggest Imodium if Uranus is excitable.