Sign in to follow this  
daojones

dissociation and healing

I have no idea K.

Enlightenment has always been a puzzle to me.

Talking about it puts me in mind of chat lines for some reason or phoning up a restaurant and having the waiter read out the menu over the phone but never going for a meal.

Postcard is a postcard far as I'm concerned. Always nice to get one though.

Anything someone describes to me as being enlightenment or how they are enlightened then I'm thinking...

"Fair enough, that's your experience, good luck"

but one of the wisest people I know says that what matters in those areas is 'indescribable'.

Edited by GrandmasterP

That was very nice. Thanks Mr GranP.

I would like to add, however, that all of these exhortions to diminish oneself in the service of enlightened masters will also get one nowhere. Rather see people doing other stuff than lining 'guru's' pockets with Rolls'

--- personal opinion alert---

• Like 1

"If you don't have money, go where money is"

Hence a lot of these gurus of the mystic east seem to end up in the USA.

Tony Parsons is a righteous dude, he only charges a nominal door fee to cover the hall rental.

I don't begrudge anyone a fair living but what some of these ' proprietary answers' merchants charge for twopence worth of DVD is beyond belief.

There's a morbidly obese bloke sells a 'keep spiritually and physically fit' system online.

Makes as much sense as (bald) me setting up as hair-restorer merchant.

Caveat Emptor.

;-)

Sure. But the Eastern gurus are more apt to go for massive crowd appeal than cash. Or maybe they can get both? When I heard Jed McKenna on youtube saying all that stuff and then mentioning how all these people were making him dinner and looking after his ranch it fair got my goat. But whatever:-)

I'm not sure that it has.

Retreats now, those puppies must be disassociation central, by their very definition, as folk go on 'em , presumably; to 'get better'.

These rigorous purgative cultivations some try out too.

Are they not perhaps an attempt to 'disassociate' from who or what one was before?

Sort of 'before and after' cultivation.

These proprietary-system merchants are flogging hope as much as they are selling DVDs and such.

Well, why do people think there's something wrong with them in the first place? I know that it was because I was told in so many and not so many words.

Sign in to follow this