gatito

"Likes" Limitation

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants unlimited likes?

• Who wants unlimited "Likes"
    • Who wants unlimited "Likes"

On a serious note:-

I've "Liked" four posts this morning and again I've run out of "Likes"

Sometimes, I read a thread and feel that I've nothing to contribute beyond a "Like".

I'd like to be able to make that contribution to TTB without clogging up a thread with superfluous verbiage.

Could this limitation be removed please?

(Or at least, could someone please tell me how the "Likes" are rationed/reloaded?)

Imo they should be limited, otherwise as I Am said they'll be tossed around like popcorn, leading to cliques and clickish behavior. Where people pile on for or against others when an argument arises. It's ego gratifying to be 'liked' and that can be a bad thing. You write to an audience or crave attention instead of from the heart or gut. Three or Four 'Likes' a day seems plenty.

• Like 1

why is everyone so obsessed with ego? "I"

So much attention given to something one is trying to escape?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

If being grateful for something you found to be good is egoic...

And if people feel nice inside because others appreciate their efforts

well ****

to hell with everything

• Like 1

Imo they should be limited, otherwise as I Am said they'll be tossed around like popcorn, leading to cliques and clickish behavior. Where people pile on for or against others when an argument arises. It's ego gratifying to be 'liked' and that can be a bad thing. You write to an audience or crave attention instead of from the heart or gut. Three or Four 'Likes' a day seems plenty.

What did you make of the article about the Stroke Economy?

Edited by gatito

Hi m. I like popcorn. :D

Yeah, some people will 'like' a lot. Some here post a lot. Some author threads more than others.

Why you think there ought to be a limitation of 3 or 4 is curious.

Uh, fewer is more special??? & my fear of popcorn ever since climbing into the popper at the theater.

What did you make of the article about the Stroke Economy?

?? <I don't think I read it>

Here's a thought. There are times I'm sorry I'm limited to only giving things a single Like.

This for instance by Seth Ananda:

"Because some men want a society built on tolerance and justice and fairness, and burn with rage at the forces of injustice and suppression.

We will not see our Brothers and Sisters humiliated and ground down just for being what they are.

We will not stand by while they are allocated a 'second rate' slot within society.

And we will not brook them being told that they can't spiritually progress because something is wrong with them, by people who have no idea if what they say is true or not..."

I'd give it a months worth. Especially if I only had one 'Like' a day.

P.S. Sorry if it feels like I'm beating a dead horse White Wolf, but Seth made a strong statement and it really resonates with me.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

<snip>

?? <I don't think I read it>

Here's a thought. There are times I'm sorry I'm limited to only giving things a single Like.

This for instance by Seth Ananda:

"Because some men want a society built on tolerance and justice and fairness, and burn with rage at the forces of injustice and suppression.

We will not see our Brothers and Sisters humiliated and ground down just for being what they are.

We will not stand by while they are allocated a 'second rate' slot within society.

And we will not brook them being told that they can't spiritually progress because something is wrong with them, by people who have no idea if what they say is true or not..."

I'd give it a months worth. Especially if I only had one 'Like' a day.

Post #57 above supplies the link to the article by Steiner and it would possibly cover your response to rainbowvein.

It might well cover the rest of your reply to me as well?

What do you think now, in light of reading that article, which partly informs the core of my reasons for starting this thread?

hmm....and we were having such fun...

Do as you will M

We can have a lot of fun and be serious at the same time. :excl::D:wub::ph34r:

And I've just run out of "Likes" agian and so I have no more left for the Rumi thread and no more left for Marblehead's Lily of the Day thread.

I find that a bit sad.

Why can't I "Like" more on Taobums without judging what is "best" and "most deserving"?

There is so much Love and Beauty and Truth in many of the posts and the posters here.

I don't think that Taobums has lost its magic (and if I ever think that it has, I will simply move on).

Had I realised that I would run out of "Likes" again so quickly on this thread, I would have prioritised Marblehead's lily and Rumi's poetry and perhaps many other posts, which I have not yet seen today.

• Like 1

Post #57 above supplies the link to the article by Steiner and it would possibly cover your response to rainbowvein.

It might well cover the rest of your reply to me as well?

What do you think now, in light of reading that article, which partly informs the core of my reasons for starting this thread?

Hmnn, interesting, the article kinda jumps Godwins law on sentence 2 though. So Stoke is used to mean rules to prohibit showing human affection, particularly, public displays. Can't say the article affects my thinking either way.

more on subject. Actually I think of the Likes question as a pretty minor matter. I don't mind which way it goes really. Though if you know you only have 3 or 4, you can use them judiciously :)

• Like 1

Hmnn, interesting, the article kinda jumps Godwins law on sentence 2 though. So Stoke is used to mean rules to prohibit showing human affection, particularly, public displays. Can't say the article affects my thinking either way.

more on subject. Actually I think of the Likes question as a pretty minor matter. I don't mind which way it goes really. Though if you know you only have 3 or 4, you can use them judiciously :)

It's strokes. :)

I'm easy either way myself - and, having said that, if the limitation isn't removed I'll be saying goodbye to TTBs (with no hard feelings).

It's strokes. :)

I'm easy either way myself - and, having said that, if the limitation isn't removed I'll be saying goodbye to TTBs (with no hard feelings).

Why is it such a big deal to you that you would leave TTB?

:)

It's not a big deal, Jeff.

I never intended to stay as long as I have.

And even if the limitation's lifted, I'd probably go anyway (albeit a bit later).

But having said that, one of the joys of life is it's complete unpredictability.

I may stay - whatever happens. :ph34r:

If I stay, do you want the position of Robin? It's vacant at the moment. :ph34r:

(Good pay and conditions :ph34r: )

I suppose another answer is that the current set up limits my ability to express myself freely (and, as you know Jeff, I don't like being censored :ph34r: )

When "Likes" were "secret", I rarely used them but now they're not, sometimes I just like to add my voice to something or to use one as an acknowledgement that I've seen a "Thank you" and that I appreciate it.

Read Steiner's Warm Fuzzy tale - because that's probably the best answer, if you don't see the reason in his essay on the Stroke Economy.

• Like 1

If I stay, do you want the position of Robin? It's vacant at the moment. :ph34r:

(Good pay and conditions :ph34r: )

Do I get a mask?

:)

• Like 1

That's why I offered you the job - to hide that smiley!!!! :ph34r:

OK. Just for you this one time... B)

My cool Robin shades...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this