Sign in to follow this  
coglet

A new beginning

Hello fellow Tao Bums.

I am here because I have discovered something that has been with me perhaps right at the time the universe birthed everything as far as the present.

I discovered it a few years ago and I felt that it has been with me since the dawn of existence; as if I just woke up. Upon my travels through the internet, I wanted to find out if there was a connection, in some way, from sexuality and spirituality. I've always felt intuitively that they are intrinsically connected and that one exists in the corporeal world and the other in the celestial realm.

I believe sex is an incredibly delicate act that can have the properties to heal and destroy an individual. I believe sexual trauma is the worst of all traumas and that I feel it vastly affects one's own constitution, and if disregarded, imploring inhibition to create a sickly, toxic catalyst that then finds it's way (either sexually or non-sexually) into other psyche's spreading it's invisible toxicity through out the world.

I believe in the act of sex though, and that abstinence from this can be just as dangerous. Perhaps I am in the wrong place, I'm not sure, but I'm here. I'm certainly not of the desire to become some kind of Qigong master (ha! have a listen to me!), but I most definitely would like to experience some of the ways of Taoism. I read this article called "The Quest for Spiritual Orgasm" by Michael Winn and it helped reinforce what I felt I already intuitively knew.

So here I am. I'm not so sure if this is the right place as of yet, and I've only glossed through some of the threads on this forum thus far, but I feel that this will at least get me closer to what I feel is an important endeavour in my life time.

I would love to hear the opinions of anyone willing to lend me the advice I need. Even if it is direct in telling that I am wasting my time; so be it. Anything at all would be delightful, thank you.

So here I am. I'm not so sure if this is the right place as of yet, and I've only glossed through some of the threads on this forum thus far, but I feel that this will at least get me closer to what I feel is an important endeavour in my life time.

If its an important endeavor for you

then how could it be a waste of time to pursue it ?

Thats not to say that the answers are for you here for certain

how the heck would I know

but look thoroughly and you will not have short-changed yourself

Good luck

Hi Coglet & welcome.

Unusual, but interesting opening "post".

I think it would be quite difficult to live the life of a Taoist hermit, whilst living in a normal family situation.

I believe Love making to be the ultimate expression of our love,trust & respect for one another.

It's about being close / intimate with another kindred soul and about giving, rather than just receiving pleasure (IMHO).

A spiritual, as well as physical union.

Sex can be part of that, but it can also describe the physical act, whether that be mutual lust or in extreme cases, Rape.

Believe there are Tao Bums that believe in total abstinance, sex wise.

But from my (very limited) understanding I think it's more about learning to retain your semen (energy or "essense").

I'm not one of his biggest fans, but some of Mantak Chia's "Healing Tao" books do go into great detail about various ways of doing this. From both a Male & a Female perspective.

Enjoy your journey

Basher

Thanks guys.

Thanks Basher. I've got Mantak Chia on the look out. What are the alternatives that you are a fan of?

Sexual trauma?

???

Edited by coglet

Thanks Basher. I've got Mantak Chia on the look out. What are the alternatives that you are a fan of?

???

As I wrote, I'm no expert but perhaps take a look at:

Taoist Sexual Meditation: The Way of Love, Energy & Spirit" by Bruce Kumar Frantzis.

A highly respected Teacher of the Internal Arts (Tai Chi, Ba Gua, Xing Yi, etc).

Basher

Thanks guys.

???

Define sexual trauma I meant.

Could be anything.

Thanks Basher, much appreciated.

Define sexual trauma I meant.

Could be anything.

Well, to start off with, how about molestation and rape?

OIC. Nasty business. Thank you for sharing.

Healing of memories might be a useful Google. There's some helpful stuff online for abuse victims.

Be Well.

Sign in to follow this