Sign in to follow this  
GrandmasterP

Which Taoist ? (Like Trip Advisor but far more subjective) :-)

And the nominations for star Taoists of 2012 so far are....

And the nominations so far are.........

Sifu Jenny Lamb 5 Stars

Shaman Flowing Hands 5 Stars

Mantak Chia (Trade and commercial category) 5 Stars

Master John Chang 5 Stars

Sifu ChiDragon 5 Stars

Best supporting Guru category (Taoist)

Dr Ken Cohen

Best supporting Guru category... (Non Taoist)

Sadhguru

members of the academy are invited to post their own nominations....

• Like 1

Star Ratings

Five stars .. Outstanding

Four stars.. Excellent

Three stars.. Good

Two stars.. Not so good

One star.. Borderline inadequate

No stars.. Well it's your money.

• Like 1

Max Kunlun 3 stars - has brought out new book but no new material

Bruce Frantzis 4 stars - a non stop production machine of teaching material, one wonders how he finds the time to actually practice, is probably a robot.

• Like 1

my dog five stars,

waterfall five stars

everything five stars

buddhists five stars

new agers five stars

trees five stars

moo

• Like 4

I voted everyone elses post up cos I felt like it :)

• Like 1

4 stars for Tao Semko, and the KAP. I took the Kundalini Awakening Program and my only regret is the price. I can't afford level 2 or an in person workshop and I live in FL! Need to make more $$.(save save, save!)

3 for Jeff Primack and his system. It doesn't seem as though his teachers gain alot of power from it and his products are very expensive. I do enjoy revisiting it though. His class actually improved my KAP becuase I could feel the chi around my body as I did the chi sets from KAP. His workshop had tons of practice(my favorite part) although I noticed some annoying slackers that brought lapdogs and hung out for seemingly no reason as they didn't join in the practice. Personally, and not as negetive commentary I'd just like to see mroe speekers with Chi power, who talk about cultivating chi instead of philosophy.

Also, besides teachers, i'd highly suggest doing as much as your own meditation as possible. Before I started a system I found my own ability to generate chi from practicing meditation and experimenting. Not thinking, not typing in forums, just practice in my futon and trying new things every day. Look for free Reiki attunements. They can boost the internal energy even if you don't practice Reiki and it can help the RELAXATION process that is so intune with chi movement and generation.

I'd like to rate Michael Lomax's system but haven't had enough practice to do so. Can't afford a workshop either. Maybe one day. But after practicing his stuff for a while I started seeing him in dreams teaching Chi Kung. Wierd and creepy! LMAO.

As a beginner it seems difficult to learn the movements, that's the only commentary I have, other than I felt an energy burst from his DVD the first time I watched it, but don't feel chi during the practice.(I may being trying too hard though)

Jeff Primack charges $45 for a fifty-cents-to-produce and couple of dollars to ship DVD.

That is just taking the piss.

His $99 four-day workshops look like good value though.

2 stars from me for Jeff.

Jeff Primack charges $45 for a fifty-cents-to-produce and couple of dollars to ship DVD.

That is just taking the piss.

His $99 four-day workshops look like good value though.

2 stars from me for Jeff.

I'll give you a better example. after paying to attend a workshop you'll have to pay to buy his system written in a large hardback cover book or on DVD. $50-60 American, and other supplemental material is in the same ballpark. It gets waaay to expensive.

What did you think of the system? I honestly felt chi much easier after his chi kung practices, although I didn't get anything from his Neigung.

my dog five stars,

waterfall five stars

everything five stars

buddhists five stars

new agers five stars

trees five stars

moo

I'd suggest adding more information. EX: I give my dog 5 stars becuase he taught me Tummo, and it was free. I now practice every day and entertain the inner heat and bliss with no effort whatsoever.

Or if you just gave your dog 5 stars becuase you like to pet his little white paws.. Then well....

Edited by Mokona

I reckon Jeff does good work and no way would I ever knock anyone pushing QiGong.

His DVDs are way too expensive and fifty bucks plus for a book is a lot to pay too.

Thing with QiGong is that it's all pretty much out there online.

Learn a set, do it; keep at it, for a long long time, that's 'all' it takes.

All the internal stuff falls into your lap once you begin cultivating a set regularly. The books almost come to your door as if by accident and they don't cost fifty bucks each either. All this direct transmission schtick is just a load of old cobblers, only time you need a teacher is to have someone there who can coach you in moves whilst you are both in the same room. That you don't get from a DVD or a book.

Then again it is nice to get together with a lot of like minded people for a workshop or residential gig, you can learn as much from other attendees as you can from the guy up on the podium. Change out of a hundred dollars is cheap for four days but if some of those four days are high pressure selling then maybe it's not the bargain it looks to be.

Young Damo Mitchell's my five star chap for NG, and his excellent Daoist NeiGung book's for pennies on Amazon partners?

It's all in there.

I'd suggest adding more information. EX: I give my dog 5 stars becuase he taught me Tummo, and it was free. I now practice every day and entertain the inner heat and bliss with no effort whatsoever.

Or if you just gave your dog 5 stars becuase you like to pet his little white paws.. Then well....

well nature is a great teacher of taoism, what is not taoist, waterfalls flow like a river, sometimes i think people just need to spend half their day in a forest, with fresh air, trees, rivers beauty, more powerful than a book

oh and taoism is learned very well in the movements michael omax teaches, the spontaneoity and going with the flow, trust etc, is taoism, which then translates to every area of your life eg relationships, go with the flow whatever happens, happens for the best, its meant to be, no plans, no ideas, no repression, planning what to do, what is the best time etc etc

I actually found the movements awkward, my buddy Chris loves it though. I prefer chi cultivation when I think of a teacher, as opposed to a philospher. Not knocking anyone in particular, just that the exciting stuff is in the energy. Or sometimes in the moving of conciousness. It's so much fun! Ah! I can't stand it, I want to practice. Wish I was off work already.

I actually found the movements awkward, my buddy Chris loves it though. I prefer chi cultivation when I think of a teacher, as opposed to a philospher. Not knocking anyone in particular, just that the exciting stuff is in the energy. Or sometimes in the moving of conciousness. It's so much fun! Ah! I can't stand it, I want to practice. Wish I was off work already.

yeah man, not neccessarily gift of the tao those are powerful but the spontaneous movement stuff I was referring too

love sinan

• Like 1

I've never had a chance to experience the spontaneous movements, sounds cool though.

Do enough qigong, energy work etc and attempt spontaneous movement eg fake at first it will come, workshops also help.

best
Edited by sinansencer

Yeah, qigong movements can be awkward at first. Once a person learns them then they naturally flow. If you want to experience the Gift of the Tao email me and I would be glad to try to help.

I agree with you about philosophy. It is the energy itself that makes a difference, not any talk or thinking. That is why the Stillness-Movement and the Gift of the Tao neigong go directly to the energy itself - bypassing any type of philosophy (as well as bypassing breath methods, etc.). We do direct energetics - philosophy is for when we are drinking beer.

We do direct energetics - philosophy is for when we are drinking beer.

Just for that, Ya Mu gets 5 stars from me.

Sign in to follow this