Sign in to follow this  
idiot_stimpy

Waking Life

This is a philosophical movie. I'm only part of the way through, but so far very interesting.

The whole video is free uploaded on google videos.

A boy has a dream that he can float, but unless he holds on, he will drift away into the sky. Even when he is grown up, this idea recurs. After a strange accident, he walks through what may be a dream, flowing in and out of scenarios and encountering various characters. People he meets discuss science, philosophy and the life of dreaming and waking, and the protagonist gradually becomes alarmed that he cannot awake from this confusing dream.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7583894250854515095

That was a really good movie, I enjoyed it a lot even though it disturbed me a little when I first saw it (years and years ago)...I put myself in his shoes and felt tremendous fear at the idea of never being able to wake from a dream.

I still haven't sat down to watch that movie properly. When I watched it the first time I had been awake approximately 60 hours and was so full of caffeine and sugar I couldn't think.

I REALLY like this movie. The DVD can be rented from Netflix. I almost turned it off thirty minutes in the first time...but stuck it out and ended up watching it a second time before returning it. It's in my queue again and I'm looking forward to seeing it again soon.

You have to ask yourself, what is it that is getting scared

I've asked myself that many times and find it fruitless to keep asking. An answer isn't the answer.

But fear certainly did arise. To who or what...*shrugs* I dunno. Maybe the experience of knowing will arise, maybe it won't. I'll just keep chopping wood and carrying water.

Sign in to follow this