Sign in to follow this  
Thunder_Gooch

Any Alan Watts Fans Here?

I am just curious if there are others that would be willing to split the cost of the complete archive.

It's $275 for the complete audio archive and $55 for the dvd series, and a new dvd is about to be released so it will probably be $50 or so.

If we could get enough people together the cost wouldn't be so high.

• Like 2

Some lectures are on youtube yes, but not all of them. There have been several I could not find.

The archive is huge.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

On http://alanwatts.com/collections/

There are three sections:

1. Essential Lectures

2. Eastern Wisdom Series

3. Extended Seminars

Each one of these is composed of 5 sections each.

I already have the radio lectures, and his talks on Mahayana Buddhism, and Taoism.

If you or anyone else would like to to buy anything, I'll be happy to mail you out my original discs as long as you trade with someone else too :)

I think it would probably be best if we each purchase a section and trade with each other as this way no one is responsible for anyone elses money.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

torrent

Well I would do that, except no one has bought the archive and put it up as a torrent. There is the "out of your mind" collection, and then there is another collection which is 4GB but mostly filled with random misnamed stuff.

I've downloaded a ton of his stuff through torrents, to the point that I feel I generally get his viewpoints. That being said, his take on specific topics can be quite illuminating.

I think you can download most of the complete archive. I think I have heard almost everything in the first 2 sets, although I think I have incomplete taoist and zen lectures. I don't believe I have heard much from the extended seminars, but they look cool. I downloaded a lecture he did on Jung and it was pretty good.

The man is so damn quotable. Whenever I listen to him, I just want to write down a line or two because I know it is relevant/was relevant or will be relevant at some point in time.

Sign in to follow this