dc9

supernatural abilities...

i fully accept that everything i know could be false, and i will easily believe anything when i am confronted with undeniable evidence.

i don't have the money to set up a research with a couple thousand or more people to test what is placebo and what isn't, so the best way for me to seek truth is to read up on actual studies and seeing the results of those studies.

The reason i'm posting this isn't to attack anyone's beliefs or to feed my ego, but because i'm trying to see if there's something that i'm missing. There's so much superstition in this world.. beliefs in gods and ghosts and demons and magical trinkets and energy healing, many of which have been disproved in scientific studies. So you see why i side with the scientific method... to only believe something when it has been proven, otherwise, who's to say it's not just more superstition that so many people believe in, but have been proven to be false?

but like i said, i will continue my meditation processes. i recently bought this book http://www.amazon.co...dalini workbook, and i'll see where it takes me. I do expect results of heightened mood, increased awareness of my body's sensations, but i certainly don't expect anything beyond that.

No, my friend. :) The best way for you to seek the truth is to try the practices. To sharpen your wits and sense of feeling to the furthest extent you can and actually map the territory of your body and mind yourself. There is superstition, and then there is actual reality, that is happening to you right now. Don't believe anything that anyone at all, scientist or not, says to you, until you've done your own inquiry, using the most powerful tool available to you or any other human, your own mind.

I understand where you're coming from. However, the only way you will be able to see what you're missing is to accept that everything you see, hear, feel, read, write and eat are all uncertain. Anything could be happening right now, so if you are going to be greatly skeptical of what has been scientifically disproven then you must also be greatly skeptical of what has been scientifically proven.

You could be in a very simple hologram. 'Ghosts and spirits' could simply be aspects of your own mind given form via tri-color manipulation of the brain a la 3d glasses on a brain in a jar, but then the same thing could be said of other people. :)

You are made of 'energy'. This is an undeniable fact. If all of the atoms in your body were not moving at insanely high speeds, you would be torn to shreds by the objects around you, because we are moving extremely fast through space. Can that 'energy' be manipulated? If that energy could not be manipulated, you would not be able to reply to my post let alone move around through the world. All volition of will requires force. If you are going to be skeptical of energy, then you must also be skeptical of the continuity of space-time itself, which can only exist as an expansion of extremely powerful and condensed energy movement. That does not necessarily mean that all those tall tales about the use of energy is true, but there is something there, and it can be controlled, and we are living proof of that.

You may not have the money to set up some large research project with other people, but you have an abundance of time and nothing else better to do than research your own existence from the most intimate standpoint of all - between your two eyes. Your own body is the greatest research facility.

You don't actually have anything to lose, yours and everyone elses lives are like a split second flash of lightning and they could end any second. Anything 'proven false' could just as easily become a reality the next moment. So don't put your chickens in any basket, is all i'm saying. That basket could be an illusion. :)

Edited by Fū Yue

Richard Dawkins had a horseshoe nailed to the wall of his Oxford study. Open end up to catch good luck. Challenged about it by a supervisee Richard replied.......

'Yes it is anomalous, but I was assured by the gypsy who sold the thing to me that it works, whether I believe in it or not'.