raimonio

Stillness-movement and trauma therapy

Hi snowmonki

i was just wondering if you could further elaborate on saying i will no longer be doing gift of tao as a qigong ,

and that it is a nei gong ,

what would be the the procedure (feeling) of doing it in a nei gong fashion rather than a qigong ?

i know this might be hard to explain but your good at it !:)

Hi snowmonki

i was just wondering if you could further elaborate on saying i will no longer be doing gift of tao as a qigong ,and that it is a nei gong ,

what would be the the procedure (feeling) of doing it in a nei gong fashion rather than a qigong ?

i know this might be hard to explain but your good at it ! :)

Hi Ronko

You have accidentally taken what I said and added extra to it :D

I didn't say GoT is a neigong not a qigong.

Technically anything is a 'qigong'. So it is true that ALL practices are qigong, including neigong. But not ALL qigong is neigong. Make sense?

So GoT is a qigong, as in an 'energy' practice. But no I won't be approaching it like that from now on, but that has nothing to do with it being neigong.

Confused? Good. They are just terms, and they don't matter.

Take my comment in my other post simply as an example of different understandings and ways of seeing the practices that will always emerge and present themselves. They can be great, but again if we indulge in them, make them into what the thing is really all about, then we again miss the bigger picture. It doesn't matter what MY insight was, that has shifted my practice. What matters is that YOU practice, your listening, and your neigong and allow the unfolding that will take place.

As I said "It is a spiral between absorbing what your teacher explains and doing the practice."

So I have answered, but not straight forwardly. Getting some Zen mojo coming through haha :o;):P

Best,

• Like 1

Snowmonki - Thanks for all your thoughtful answers. I have been quite busy and no time to reply much here.

-----------------------------------------

Stillness-Movement can make as much difference as any other qigong/neigong with trauma. We have seen wonderful results. Nothing- no form of qigong- is a majic bullet, though.

Also I will repeat what I just said in the other thread. It is a misconception that beginners move and advanced practitioners don't. I move in most all sessions of personal practice. Shaking occurs on a different vibration; there is usually more deep spiral type of movement than any type of externally obvious shaking. The key is to always let the energy tell you and allow the body to do that particular movement. We also go deeply inward and don't do any movement SOMETIMES. We shake SOMETIMES. We move more often than not; it is all individual.

• Like 3

Good to see ya on here :D

From talking with people I feel it can be hard to look beyond what others are experiencing, and genuinely be open to the present moment and, as you say in your book, simply allow or Let.

The keyword that jumps out at me from your post is SOMETIMES. Whatever occurs.

Someone may never move all that much, while someone may always move. As long as it's their own experience and they aren't chasing someone elses :blink: .

Best,

Lately my practice has started to change alot, I've had these hinches of shifting, its really interesting. Like a magical world inside you. Especially when I manage to be quiet in the mind, although sometimes it is really hard, in which case the letting and allowing comes handy because fighting yourself only makes it worse :P

Nice to see you here Ya Mu :)

So, SM is essentially focus on the LDT and let the energy move you? I know it's more complicated of course, but is that the basic thought?

This may have been better posted as a new thread, but there are

SO

MANY

NEW

THREADS

I thought I would revive an old one. I chose this thread because it mentioned trauma therapy.

Last night I practiced some stillness-movment spiral qiqong. This practice, for me, started off as something relaxing, but not particularly energetic. Something for me to fall asleep doing. I would sometimes fall asleep doing my tai chi form in my head. Both were calming and really just something for me to focus on and relax with.

Sprial qigong has become something much more powerful.

Last night I felt like I had some powerful energy collecting in my energy centers and working its way through the channels. This practice that used to be so calming has now become quite invigorating. I used to fall asleep after getting through the first three or four centers, but now I'm finding myself spiraling through the whole sequence wide awake, and then laying there afterward just basking in the glow of the energy.

I'm starting to think I might need to start practicing in the morning instead of the evening.

Also, I've noticed the centers at the back of my knees and the bottoms of my feet are much harder to connect with than any of the other centers. When the energy does start flowing through them more easily, I get a lot of tension releases in the muscles of my back and adjustments in my spine.

Pretty powerful self-healing, ya'll

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 1

This may have been better posted as a new thread, but there are

SO

MANY

NEW

THREADS

I thought I would revive an old one. I chose this thread because it mentioned trauma therapy.

Last night I practiced some stillness-movment spiral qiqong. This practice, for me, started off as something relaxing, but not particularly energetic. Something for me to fall asleep doing. I would sometimes fall asleep doing my tai chi form in my head. Both were calming and really just something for me to focus on and relax with.

Sprial qigong has become something much more powerful.

Last night I felt like I had some powerful energy collecting in my energy centers and working its way through the channels. This practice that used to be so calming has now become quite invigorating. I used to fall asleep after getting through the first three or four centers, but now I'm finding myself spiraling through the whole sequence wide awake, and then laying there afterward just basking in the glow of the energy.

I'm starting to think I might need to start practicing in the morning instead of the evening.

Also, I've noticed the centers at the back of my knees and the bottoms of my feet are much harder to connect with than any of the other centers. When the energy does start flowing through them more easily, I get a lot of tension releases in the muscles of my back and adjustments in my spine.

Pretty powerful self-healing, ya'll

Yes, the Sequential Energy Center Rejuvenation (Spiral) is very restorative. For me 40 min = 4 hrs of sleep. Difference is one feels much more balanced after the 40 min versus the 4 hour sleep.

All the sub-systems inside Stillness-Movement are each, on their own, very powerful practices. Very deep, it is.

The energy centers behind the knee are often neglected. Sometimes when hiking just stop and do the behind the knee one from SECAB&DE. Especially effective out in the woods.

• Like 1