Sign in to follow this  
spyrelx

Recommendations -- For Plato, Sean, All of You

NOBODY PREVVENTS YA FROM COPYIN DA WHOLE WEB SITE N SAVIN DA CONTENT IN YER PERSONAL ARCHIVES. JUST USE A COOL PROG LIKE http://www.httrack.com/ , THEN STORE DA SHIT IN YER PERSONAL ARCHIVE.

I'm actually teaching myself PHP so I can do some cool mods to this board. One of the ideas I have is to get this board to output flat HTML of the entire board so that people can store or even host archives of the site.

Sean.

Sean does an awesome job here. If he didn't have 100% sense of ownership he probably wouldn't do such a good job. That is why capitalism is so far a pretty good system.  

Yeah, that sort of nails it. I am kind of weird like that. I don't collaborate artistly very well, which is mainly how I treat this forum; as an art project. I am not really interested in "power" per se, but I am sort of OCD about artistic final say. As long as I can retain that, I don't really give a shit who hosts, who owns the domain, etc.

On the other hand, I can't piss off Sean's girlfriend because she would probably poison him against me. At least that is my thought. So I let her get away with calling me a lamer.  

I can make up my own mind about who I do and don't like. Obviously if you get unnecessarily vicious and crude with her, or anyone really, it will effect my opinion of you. But feel free to speak your mind as constructively as possible to anyone on the board.

Sean.

That is why capitalism is so far a pretty good system.  

-Plato

DA WAY I SEE IT, I AM IN FAVOR O' PRIVATE PROPERTY ( = I AINT NO COMMUNIST) *BUT* I AM AGGAINST CAPPITALISM ( MONEY SHOULD NOT HAVE TOO MUCH POWER IN DA WORLD).

IN OTHER WORDS, I ACCEPT DA CONCEPT O' *MINE* N *YOURS*. BUT DA *CAPITAL* AS A VAMPIRRIC BLOOD SUCKIN OPPRESIVE SELF-DUPPLICATIN MONNETARY ENTITY, THAT I DO NOT LIKE TOO MUCH.

IN ONE CASE, NO MATTER HOW HARD YA WORK YA WONT EVER OWN SHIT.

IN DA OTHER CASE, YA BE FORCED TO GET OBSESSED WITH MONEY MATTERS ELSE YA GET SMASHED BY DA BIGGER FISHES.

BOTH WAYS, FREEDOM SUFFERS. I SAY, FREEDOM COMES FIRST!!!

TAO ANARCHY IS DA WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RJ

Apologise with everybody for not being able to anser right now. My windows system crashed, and I am a bit in an emergency, as I am recovering under linux all the info. If you ever have been through it you know that those are quite hectic moments.

Sean, I hear you. It is ok. Essentially (from MPOV) one thing is what happens if the law knocks, and someones ask you to take off some file that are copyrighted, from the day to day.

In 2 minutes I have to be out of here...

Pietro.

Pietro,

Thanks for the history lesson. It's amazing the things I miss.

Judging by this string of posts above, it seems that everyone has somewhat different views (1) on how Tao Bums should operate and (2) who -- if anyone -- should be in charge and (3) just about everything else.

But it also seems that everyone likes the fact that it's up and running and no one (including Sean) wants to be king.

So overall I think we're in pretty good shape.

About money. I'd be amazed if Sean didn't loose money on this site by the end of 12 months. And if he doesn't feel like bankrolling us for another 12, then this "community" is going to be in for a little survivability test. (As the saying goes, "talk is cheap"). Again, I think I add value too, but I humbly appreciate the people who are doing the heavy lifting (i.e., time, money and skill).

Lastly, you seem like a good egg. Hope you're not otta here

spyrelx

Apologise with everybody for not being able to anser right now. My windows system crashed, and I am a bit in an emergency, as I am recovering under linux all the info.In 2 minutes I have to be out of here...

Pietro.

MAESTRO MAHAEJACULATOR WHAT KINDA COMMUNIST BE YA?? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. WTF??? A REAL COMMIE DONT USE NO FREAKIN MICROSOFT SHIT, HE'D BE USIN FUKIN RICHARD STALLMAN'S GNU DEBIAN SHIT.

WELL NOW AT LEAST SUFFER IN SILENCE (USE KNOPPIX LIVE CD FOR DA RESCUE)

CUM AGAIN!

RJ MAHASALAMI

goatmilker_closeup.gif

OK PIETRO N ALL, FOIRGET MICROSOFT!

TO START WITH, DA VERY NAME IS AN INSULT TO MASCULLINITY!!!

MICRO-SOFT..DO YA GET IT? MICRO-DICK, SOFT-DICK. IT'S A MENTAL BRAINWASHIN TECHNIQUE TO UNDERMINE DA SALAMI POWER!!

A COOL OS WOULD RATHER CALL ITSELF, MACROHARD!!!!!!!!!! FUCK MICROSOFT!!!!

NOW, NOW, WAIT I FOUND DA *REAL* TAOBUM OS:

taologo.gif

HEY SEAN WE SHOULD SPONSOR IT!

BYE NOW

RJ

MAESTRO MAHAEJACULATOR WHAT KINDA COMMUNIST BE YA?? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. WTF??? A REAL COMMIE DONT USE NO FREAKIN MICROSOFT SHIT, HE'D BE USIN FUKIN RICHARD STALLMAN'S GNU DEBIAN SHIT.  

You are so right. In any case I will be installing Suse 9.2, which for now is open enough

btW, what is this:

goatmilker_closeup.gif

If WE are not in charge, but YOU are in charge then I am out of here.

Pietro

Again, please, I wrote "technically" in charge. As in, on paper. But I consider every member to have a basically equal say in the site, so YOU and everyone else are in charge de facto.

Here I am, sorry the belated answer. We are all very busy, which is not making things easier.

I think we should agree on a number of basic things:

of course for the time being you are technically and legally in charge,... which mean that if in any situation you need to do anything not to make the site go illegal, we (or you) being persecuted (I see copyright as a possible source of trouble, as we all quote quite freely) than you should just do what need to be done, and if there is enough time consult us all. If not just ask.

It is not ok, to have anybody even fear that a comment said to anybody might get you anywhere outside equanimity (see Plato), and as such is generally better to have the owner of the host, the owner of the domain name and the administrator (and the php hacker) to be different people. For now they are all in you, but this might change. For example we could rotate the position yearly. Or whatever (in particular we should all help with the code). Even if it is too much a hassle to rotate, still whoever is in charge should just tell if he needs some rest, or anybody else should say of they feel the administrator is not being equanimous.

The money that is collected needs to be used to pay for the hosting, and the name first. The extra money will then be determined by the community (to the administrator for his work? to all of us? to an external hacker we might had to employ? to any place we all agree on).

You (and generally the adminitrator, ...) are part of the community like all of us. You got to say yours.

Decisions should be taken by the community and then implemented, unless we are in legal trouble.

I would love it if more people got involved in the site. Start discussions about where we take this. Ask me for a templated page for a personal bio, or a gallery... write an article, we can build an articles section. Plato is still working on creating a link exchange for me. Create your own Phpbb template and we can have different styles for the boad. Brainstorm, get involved. Tell me what you want!  :)

personally I would like that the wiki starts working again :)

Dear Sean, I think this is a sort of basic way to say the community comes first, and even if you have a position of legal power you shouldn't use it unless it is absolutley legally necessary. And since evrything change, you should feel free also not to be bound to it. If you need to step down for a period, we should all take turns.

I hope we can agree on this and work together from this point.

Any comment from anybody,

Pietro

p.s. I really appreciate the 'disclosure'

taologo.gif

HEY SEAN WE SHOULD SPONSOR IT!

BYE NOW

RJ

That is a great idea, we should get our own sponsor for the things we believe in. Not crappy 'the tao of success'.

Let's have an excange banner with Plato's Dildo. Maybe Plato's Dildo page might be interested in having our banner as we have theirs!

( = I AINT NO COMMUNIST) *BUT* I AM AGGAINST CAPPITALISM

It's true, it's true. We always think, if it is not this it has to be that. If you don't like democracy, you must like dictatorship. If you don't support capitalism, you must be a communist.

In REALITY there are always more possibilities.

(just kidding--that water method is making you gay as triple-dottie)

Yep, I'm the new drama queen. ;)

Seriously, the original concept the way Max and I got it was that one person would own the domain, another would host, and another would be admin. This is efficient and prevents abuse of power or mood swings that occur over the long haul of years.

I think this is such a good idea. Right now is impractical to do it, but we should consider for next year. Beside Sean can't do all the PhP hacking.

Sean does an awesome job here. If he didn't have 100% sense of ownership he probably wouldn't do such a good job.

But if we all were helping it would still work.

On the other hand, I can't piss off Sean's girlfriend because she would probably poison him against me. At least that is my thought. So I let her get away with calling me a lamer.

It made me wonder. But then I decided I obviously did not understood the meaning of the word. ;)

I appreciate your idealism, I really do.

I think that the society is dictated partially also by the possibilities given by the tecnological level. Somehow internet is permitting type of organizatuions that before were impossible. And we should use them. For example Wiki contributions were generally not possible before, and now they are.

Pietro

ALSO, IF *YA* HAD TAKEN DA INITIATIVE BY PURCHASIN A TAOBUM.IT DOMAIN , THEN *YA* COULD BE ENFORCIN ALL DA COMMUNITY RULES. SO YA SEE, DA ONE WHO TAKES DA INITIATIVE EVENTUALLY NATURALLY SETS HIS OWN RULES...

...But since generally the best governors don't want to govern, we keep on being governed by people who strive for power.

Pietro,

Thanks for the history lesson.  It's amazing the things I miss.

Everything went very fast. Also as we got things moving we did not want to start a war by posting the url immediatly. So we called one by one the people we had the email address.

You are so right. In any case I will be installing Suse 9.2, which for now is open enough

btW, what is this:

goatmilker_closeup.gif

NO MAESTRO, SUSE AINT COMMUNIST ENUFF, YA NEED EITHER DEBIAN OR DA FREEBSD SHIT, NOW IF YA CAN GO THRU DA PAIN IN DA ASS OF INSTALLIN N SETTIN UP FREEBSD N RUNNIN YER APPS THEN YA BE A *COOL* COMMIE.

BTW FREEBSD *NEVER* CRASHES.

DA DEVICE IS A BULLS' MILKER. IT IS MEANT TO HELP YA EJACULATE EVEN MORE THAN YA ALREADY DO WITH YER WATER THANG. YA JUST SLIDE YER CAZZO IN IT, TURN DA SWITCH ON, N DA MACHINE WILL MILK YA OVER N OVER AGGAIN. IT WORKS BEST IF AT SAME TIME YA STUFF ONE (OR MORE..?) PLATODILDOS UP YER CULO.

HOPE THAT HELPS MAESTRO.

RJ

YEA FREEBSD KICKS ASS.

I ONCE GOT AN OLD PC N SPEND 4 WHOLE FUKIN DAYS N NITES INSTALLIN N SETTIN UP DA LIL DEVIL TO SET UP A PRON SITE.

DA FIRST THANG BE DA INSTALL PROCEDURE. THEY SAY ITS CURSES BASED, IN FACT, YALL BE CURSIN IAHVE N DA DEVIL N DUBYA N DA IRS N PLATO N WOMEN N SHIT.

AFTER 2 DAYS, I FNNALLY INSTALLED DA DEVIL. THEN HE REBOOTED, N THEN SHIT! NO FUKIN GRAPPHICAL ENVIRONMENT, SO IT TOOK ME ANOTHER DAY TO SET UP DA FUKIN XWINDOWS. THEN WHEN I LOGGED ON DA KDE SHIT I MASTURBATED OUTTA EXCITEMENT. THEN I SPENT ANOTHER 48 HOURS STRAIGHT TO SET UP DA FUKIN FIREWALL.

BUT THEN DA DEVIL NEVER EVER CRASHED OR GOT HACKED INTO.

I WANNA SEE TOVARISH PIETRO DOIN DAT SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RJ H4X0RS

powerlogo.gif

I WANNA SEE TOVARISH PIETRO DOIN DAT SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tovarish Pietro is actually at the present time working in a company, and gets Suse installed by the system manager. More than that is slowly recovering from having his heart broken (not to mention da culo) by Bill Gates product. So is following a slow recovery program.

P.

I would gladly put links to this site on all my sites. Banners are better, actually. We could do a banner exchange, too.

I have been too busy to complete the link farm. It is so laborious but I will get to it eventually.

Here I am, sorry the belated answer. We are all very busy, which is not making things easier.

God, tell me about it. I think I'm going to sleep this whole weekend.

of course for the time being you are technically and legally in charge,... which mean that if in any situation you need to do anything not to make the site go illegal, we (or you) being persecuted (I see copyright as a possible source of trouble, as we all quote quite freely) than you should just do what need to be done, and if there is enough time consult us all. If not just ask.

Agreed.

It is not ok, to have anybody even fear that a comment said to anybody might get you anywhere outside equanimity (see Plato),

Agreed. There are only two forms of moderation I intend to do at this point:

1) Move topics posted in the wrong forum, ie: off topic posts to Off Topic.

2) Remove illegal content that could jeopardize the board, ie: serial numbers to software, posted files (I'm going to add the ability to upload files/images soon).

and as such is generally better to have the owner of the host, the owner of the domain name and the administrator (and the php hacker) to be different people. For now they are all in you, but this might change.  

To be determined. The biggest problem with this idea, at this point, is that I have not personally met anyone on this forum yet. Since, as you say, community comes first, obviously I don't want to jeopardize the community by giving away the power to completely disrupt it to someone I don't know at all. Currently the only person I know well enough to even consider giving domain ownership, etc. would be Trunk but I believe he is not interested in this.

Even if it is too much a hassle to rotate, still whoever is in charge should just tell if he needs some rest, or anybody else should say of they feel the administrator is not being equanimous.

Agreed.

The money that is collected needs to be used to pay for the hosting, and the name first. The extra money will then be determined by the community (to the administrator for his work? to all of us? to an external hacker we might had to employ? to any place we all agree on).

Makes sense. If somehow I end up with more money at the end of the year, we can take a poll on what to spend it on.

Decisions should be taken by the community and then implemented, unless we are in legal trouble.

To an extent. I'm not interested in creating a byzantine bureaucracy where I can't play with the site design without asking approval of every single member first. The way I've been handling this so far seems common sense. I implement member suggestions and my own ideas I feel are logical. In the event that someone dissapproves with good reason then we can move it to poll.

personally I would like that the wiki starts working again :)

Ahhh... yes. Subdomain issues. I'll work on that this evening.

Dear Sean, I think this is a sort of basic way to say the community comes first, and even if you have a position of legal power you shouldn't use it unless it is absolutley legally necessary. And since evrything change, you should feel free also not to be bound to it. If you need to step down for a period, we should all take turns.

Agreed Pietro.

Thanks for your thought provoking posts.

Sean.

Sign in to follow this