Sign in to follow this  
hagar

Waldorf-schools, Rudolf Steiner and transmission

Big day today. My kid started in first grad at the Waldorf School.

We´ve chosen this private school due to the fact that they focus on the whole individual and not just forcing info down kids throats. They even try to let kids evolve in their own individual pace.

Allthough fine and dandy, there are some eerie aspects of the Steiner/Waldorf universe as well.

What we do experience going there, is a "vibe" that I must say borders on a sense of energetic transmission. Is it the "Eurythmics" of the place, the intention of the teachers, or the actual philosopphy of Rudolf Steiner himself, bordering on the occult.?

And most importantly, what might one do to counter it´s eventual negative aspects?

h

• Like 1

I didnt read your topic or I wouldnt have posted mine "nirvana and transmission" which ended with the same "and transmission", but its a cool coincidence. I dont know these schools, but probably you are on to something. Perhaps tranmission by un-thought of sources is really the topic du jour.

Hagar,

We've had our kids in Waldorf Schools for many years. They're great but certainly not without problems. The key to success still lies with you as the parent and keeping your bs meter on alert. And parenting from the heart. Then the schooling should serve you well. Unfortunately in most cases the Anthroposophic corpus has become another belief system for many in the movement, but there is great potential there still. Whatever vibe is there I think it can be transformed by your own family life.

Depends what you mean by transmission, all schools have a certain transmission for example if you go to Eton you probably leave there having absorbed some of the elitist transmission of the school and think you should be running the country.

• Like 1

Thank you guys

Important feedback. This confirms what we have read and heard about the Waldorf pedagogy around the world.

There seem to be three basic issues that everyone that is critical run into:

1. Secterianism, occultism and elitism permeates the environment and social structure to a larger or lesser degere. Its Us and the corrupted world.

2. Old fashion and outdated norms for keeping discipline, and learning. Stuff like if you are bullied, it´s your karma.

3. Lack of transparency and ability to receive and communicate around criticism and conflicts.

What we did feel was a tangible energetic "vibe" too. Almost as if you go into this you are going to evoke stuff that is not necessarily nice and ordered, and even malicious.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this