skydog

Something I wrote about modern capitalistic society whilst in bad mood from starting work again.

There are times when the Tao is hidden from the world. During these times It is best to lay low and take to the mountains if you can.

I agree with much of the sentiment in this post. However it remains my opinion that 'society' does not deserve my bitterness, nor my stress, nor my dead carcass on any one of its altars. And I'm working ffing hard to make that so in this lifetime.

:)

• Like 1

well i guess everything is the way it is, and is the way it is meant to be.

Edited by sinansencer

Awesome! Was that a still from the movie "Into the Wild"?

One thing I will suggest is going "off-grid" for a while to see what happens. There are lots of communities and people doing it around the world. My own experience (small) with it is that social relations become even more important but it's different. There's an expectation to pitch in and help (great if you have good skills at something, if you don't, it's grunt work). But huge personal satisfaction from taking care of one's own water, power, some food (if you're squeamish about killing things to eat for example).

Sinasencer, you're a young guy, right? You could try a peace corps thing for a while. You'll also (maybe) find the women on those a little different:-)