Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Heat as an ingreident in filling the Dan Tien

I haven't read this thread (in a rush sorry), maybe this has already been mentioned...

Yeah, so, what kind of heat? .. produced by what?

Hopefully, clearly, we are not talking about heat produced by sexual desire, masturbation, etc... Right? I think it's a common mistake for men to start to get some circulation in their lower ab and find they have all sorts of trapped sexual heat that is coming out. Or think that if they wank and save it that that is the heat of Alchemy. ... uh, nope, not even close.

Probably, for most men, the first steps involve releasing trapped heat and actually cooling and *~harmonizing~* the energies of the LDT.

Again, sorry if this point was already mentioned.

- Trunk

p.s.

Hagar has developed a skill for talking about the deep simplicities. Really, really appreciated.

• Like 2

The spark of life is not really desire (which leads to attachment thus suffering)

The heat I've experienced as a sign of successful activation of the lower Dan Tien was initially experienced at the age of 17 after a 3-4 day period of obtaining from sexual activity. This was when i had engaged in abdominal breathing after having it introduced to me by a Yee Chuan student and had successful sessions of increased relaxation, an opening and expansion of consciousness, but without any experiences of heat in my lower Dan Tien. After reading a variety of classical literature and further conversations with other practitioners I chose to start coupling practices with and without periods of complete abstinence. The first period was three days, practicing on my first fifteen minute break at work, about five minutes into practice a soft warm heat, very similar to the heat generated with muscular activity like doing situps, but internally located in the area of the lower Dan Tien.

The spark of life is not really desire (which leads to attachment thus suffering)

The heat I've experienced as a sign of successful activation of the lower Dan Tien was initially experienced at the age of 17 after a 3-4 day period of obtaining from sexual activity. This was when i had engaged in abdominal breathing after having it introduced to me by a Yee Chuan student and had successful sessions of increased relaxation, an opening and expansion of consciousness, but without any experiences of heat in my lower Dan Tien. After reading a variety of classical literature and further conversations with other practitioners I chose to start coupling practices with and without periods of complete abstinence. The first period was three days, practicing on my first fifteen minute break at work, about five minutes into practice a soft warm heat, very similar to the heat generated with muscular activity like doing situps, but internally located in the area of the lower Dan Tien.

Interesting post.

From what I understand from what you describe, the heat you experienced was a form of post-natal heat, or "lesser yang". Keep in mind there is nothing "lesser" in it, only that there are several different and deepening layers of experiential heat from coupling energies in the LDT. But I am by no means an expert.

What my own experience has taught me is that there are "manifest" and "unmanifest" energetic components to Nei Dan. Some or maybe most qigong forms focus on the LDT. the heat experiences from gathering the chi in the LDT is not the same as the spark or bright light/fire that is experiences from getting the transmission from a teacher.

I don't want to get into the discussion about teachers or transmissions. My point is that the heat I experienced was by far more subtle yet "brighter" when recieving the transmission into the LDT.

What you describe is the sort of heat that is felt when you gather chi in the LDT.

h

Interesting post.

From what I understand from what you describe, the heat you experienced was a form of post-natal heat, or "lesser yang". Keep in mind there is nothing "lesser" in it, only that there are several different and deepening layers of experiential heat from coupling energies in the LDT. But I am by no means an expert.

What my own experience has taught me is that there are "manifest" and "unmanifest" energetic components to Nei Dan. Some or maybe most qigong forms focus on the LDT. the heat experiences from gathering the chi in the LDT is not the same as the spark or bright light/fire that is experiences from getting the transmission from a teacher.

I don't want to get into the discussion about teachers or transmissions. My point is that the heat I experienced was by far more subtle yet "brighter" when recieving the transmission into the LDT.

What you describe is the sort of heat that is felt when you gather chi in the LDT.

h

h,

Your description is accurate, and that is exactly what it was for me as a young practitioner, i did not experience the inner light of transmission for another 8-10 years.

Edited by Diamond Spectrum

Sign in to follow this