Tibetan_Ice

Anapanasati Rapture

Hi Gatito and Anamatva :)

Thank you both for your comments.

Anamatva, how are you coming with your kundalini awakening?

:)

TI

Hi Gatito and Anamatva :)

Thank you both for your comments.

Anamatva, how are you coming with your kundalini awakening?

TI

youre welcome TI

the experience i had with pranayama caused me to begin to research kundalini pretty intensely, and to realize that ever since a near death experience 14 years ago, in which i put my arm into the light up to the elbow, and got shocked back to my senses and came back to my physical body, i have had wild kriyas, psychic awakening, and all the other symptoms of kundalini, but did not know what they were (i thought i was crazy, and was having spinal spasms as a result of ptsd or some psychosis). It helps me SOOO much to understand what happens to me in terms of kundalini, it is like the door has been opened to a self-imposed cage i have been in, and i can relax knowing that i am not actually completely fucking nuts or sick or deranged or something. It also explains why, when pranayama first stimulated the strong feeling at my muladhara, it went basically straight up to sahasrara without obstruction. I could talk for a long time about it and how wonderful it has been to finally have a self-nurturing story to tell myself about the shakes and shudders that happen to me instead of feeling like a psychotic freak, but in short, its going really well. I have incorporated kundalini into my daily kuji-in with great effect. I have been working with Mark Griffin via his Deepen Your Practice program. I have been getting to the cores of my chakras and undoing the granthis little by little.

thanks for asking. Learning about it has been a new lease on life basically, like "oh thats what that is"

i haven't mentioned it much, but its been really huge. :D :D

youre welcome TI

the experience i had with pranayama caused me to begin to research kundalini pretty intensely, and to realize that ever since a near death experience 14 years ago, in which i put my arm into the light up to the elbow, and got shocked back to my senses and came back to my physical body, i have had wild kriyas, psychic awakening, and all the other symptoms of kundalini, but did not know what they were (i thought i was crazy, and was having spinal spasms as a result of ptsd or some psychosis). It helps me SOOO much to understand what happens to me in terms of kundalini, it is like the door has been opened to a self-imposed cage i have been in, and i can relax knowing that i am not actually completely fucking nuts or sick or deranged or something. It also explains why, when pranayama first stimulated the strong feeling at my muladhara, it went basically straight up to sahasrara without obstruction. I could talk for a long time about it and how wonderful it has been to finally have a self-nurturing story to tell myself about the shakes and shudders that happen to me instead of feeling like a psychotic freak, but in short, its going really well. I have incorporated kundalini into my daily kuji-in with great effect. I have been working with Mark Griffin via his Deepen Your Practice program. I have been getting to the cores of my chakras and undoing the granthis little by little.

thanks for asking. Learning about it has been a new lease on life basically, like "oh thats what that is"

i haven't mentioned it much, but its been really huge. :D :D

Hi Anamatva :)

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you were getting along. Nice to know. Thanks. :)

Mark Griffin? Wow. He is one powerful scary dude! I have over 20 of his mp3's, books and podcasts. I especially like the mp3 called "The Guru Radar". The flute music is quite magical.

TI

Cool post Tibetan. Very interesting stuff. Is this equivalent to what some might say is the opening of the "Bliss Body"?

-My 2 cents, Peace

TI,

I'm so happy for your progress. Keep it up and it will develop.

All the best!

Mandrake

Hi Anamatva :)

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you were getting along. Nice to know. Thanks. :)

Mark Griffin? Wow. He is one powerful scary dude! I have over 20 of his mp3's, books and podcasts. I especially like the mp3 called "The Guru Radar". The flute music is quite magical.

TI

youre welcome TI

mark, yeah sometimes when he talks about stuff it happens in my body.. through an MP3... wtf

i downloaded all the youtube vids and converted them to MP3 too, so i have all his free stuff, all his youtube stuff, a bunch of stuff i bought from hardlights store, and all the DYP stuff. I listen to him every day actually. lol

thanks for the tip on guru radar, i was looking at the pratyahara talk next, cause i meditate a lot with my eyes closed and i wanted his take on sense cessation.

Curious about your comment about the flute. When I have received transmission with the flute or drum playing (live), I have found an added nourishing quality from the sound vibration. Is the flute being played while Mark is talking? Or is it separate? How does the flute make you feel?

Hi Rainbowvein :)

Yes the flute is being played while Mark is talking. It has lots of echo, and reminds me of something very mysterious. It evokes a longing to realize a long lost memory that I was once not what I am now..

TI

Woohooo! Another state of rapture.

For this afternoon's meditation I was really bothered by my thoughts because someone attacked my ego. That is always a hard one and I hate it when that interupts my meditation.. So..

I did 10 minutes of anapanasati stages, watched the breath, sensed the body, calmed the body, sensed the body, calmed the body, just all over the place, jumping back and forth to my ego attack..

So, I decided to focus from the self at the medulla and watch my thoughts without distraction, without grasping. As I watched my thoughts, very strong thoughts, one by one, as they arose, they disappeared. I would focus my attention directly at the thought, and within a few seconds, the thought had dissolved. Unbelievable. It was working! I found a peaceful space in the center of my head at the self/ego/medulla. It has kind of a golden light around it. I thought to myself, that is what Ramana and Nisargadatta mean when they say "abide in the self".

Anyway, as I kept on dissolving my thoughts, a very fine sense of rapture started building up in my legs, lower torso and arms. As I kept dissolving my thoughts it got stronger and stronger. A few times I stopped because the rapture was so intense, but went back in.. Also, it felt like my face and head had turned into a twisting magnetic field. Then my meditation bell went off.. That was a very short 50 minutes!

Again, the tingles, rapture, bliss and joy persisted far past the end of the meditation. Still have a big smile on my face. I love meditation..

I think this whole rapture thing is caused by dissociating from the thoughts, by not grasping nor repelling them, although I wonder if dissolving thoughts classifies as repelling thoughts..

TI

What is here is everywhere. What is not here is nowhere --> Mark Griffin.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an05/an05.028.than.html

The Blessed One said: "Now what, monks, is five-factored noble right concentration? There is the case where a monk — quite withdrawn from sensuality, withdrawn from unskillful qualities — enters and remains in the first jhana: rapture and pleasure born from withdrawal, accompanied by directed thought and evaluation. He permeates and pervades, suffuses and fills this very body with the rapture and pleasure born from withdrawal. There is nothing of his entire body unpervaded by rapture and pleasure born from withdrawal.

Edited by xabir2005

Hi Xabir :)

WOW! Did you send some kind of transmission with your post? Immediately after I finished reading your quote my whole body was engulfed with rapture. IT WAS SO INTENSE! I could not tell where it was coming from. I had goose bumps on my goose bumps! First it engulfed my whole body and this lasted for about 3 minutes. Then it went moving throughout the body. The right side of my head had the tingles, the fine electric shocks, then down my back. Then my whole body. Then, when I thought it would let up and die away, it started all over. This continued as I sat in my recliner while drinking my morning water and smoking a cigarette.

It was not an emotional rapture. The pulse stream was not coming from the head, or the heart. After about 30 minutes of rapture, when it was dying down, I placed my attention on the lower tan tien, just below the navel and then a major stream came out and went into both arms and legs and then I was engulfed again. This rapture continued as I brushed my teeth and shaved.. The shower I took after made it go away. But it lasted for roughly 50 minutes in all.

I can tell that you have had experiences in rapture. Did you intentionally send a taste to sample?

Thank you so much for your post.

TI

The transmission lies in the Buddha's words and your recognition of it. If someone else were to read it, they may not even have an idea what is it like. I had many spontaneous raptures like that since I started meditation (the second meditation in fact) when I was 14. That was one of the earlier things I discussed with Thusness, and I also created my first e-sangha post to talk about this experience back in 2004.

Then when you realize non-duality... every moment, every manifestation can become intensely blissful, everything is experienced as clarity-bliss. But this is kind of different. And it can happen spontaneously, deeply, and frequently anywhere and anywhen.

Edited by xabir2005

The transmission lies in the Buddha's words and your recognition of it. If someone else were to read it, they may not even have an idea what is it like. I had many spontaneous raptures like that since I started meditation (the second meditation in fact) when I was 14. That was one of the earlier things I discussed with Thusness, and I also created my first e-sangha post to talk about this experience back in 2004.

Then when you realize non-duality... every moment, every manifestation can become intensely blissful, everything is experienced as clarity-bliss. But this is kind of different. And it can happen spontaneously, deeply, and frequently anywhere and anywhen.

If you don't mind me asking, where is the link to your first e-sangha post where you talk about this experience back in 2004? I would love to read it.

TI

If you don't mind me asking, where is the link to your first e-sangha post where you talk about this experience back in 2004? I would love to read it.

TI

Unfortunately the forum is hacked and gone... It was the largest Buddhist online forum then. Edited by xabir2005