baleada1

QiGong, Chi Kung

1. @chidragon. I have practiced deep diaphragmatic breathing, so my ability to breath, though not the highest possible one, it is at least advanced compared to the normal population. Breath is inhale exhale thru nose, breath with diaphragm. I feel that most of this asthma symptoms, which have subsided, came from the heat generated from the few beginning days of practiced, followed by an environment in a/c. In terms of deep breathing, I Ihave done 20 second breath for hours at a time.

2. @chi dragon. Dan tian. I agree. However, I once thought that the lower dan tian corresponded to the belly. So, what you are saying that it does not necessarily correspond to the belly, but rather, the region that has to do with the diaphragm and the nerve bundles, etc.

1. You have not mentioned the environment in a/c in your OP. I wasn't aware of it.

2. You are correct. The most concerned about the dan tian, by the Chinese Taoist Chi Kung practitioners, was the belly area. Especially around the navel area. Sometimes, they referred to it as the acupoint QiHai(CV6).

In TCM, the lower dan tian was referred as the whole region around the belly below the navel. However, when they talked about the internal organs, they divided the body into three sections and referred them as the upper, middle and lower dan tian. That will make it easier for them to locate the organs by the different regions in their description.

Edited by ChiDragon

day 25 yesterday. Noticed that the mental chatter somewhat stopped, but continued to a certain extent. Some more spontaneous movement. I will advance the practice 5 days from now. As usual, taking 2 days off per week. I did notice that as I put my feet together after an exercise I feel like a magnetic sensation, or at least a different sensation that seems a little hard to explain with words. This similar sensation also seems to happen when I do gatheringg chi from heaven. As my hands approach the lower dan tian, I feel something different in my hands, a sensation present on the outside rather than the inside.

@chi dragon: sometimes I seem to overlook certain subtleties. Thanks for the input on the lower dan tien.

day 29. took 2 days off. noticed that there was less movement but more heat. Some mind chatter. Will focus less on chatter. 1 more day and will progress with exercises. I feel I should focus on the level 2 of exercises a little more.

day 32. Tempted to restart. Received a vaccine that nearly shutdown my immune ystem, so I could not practice in such a precarious state. I performed the 3rd exercise in the series of jl's dvd. So far I have 10 essential qigong exercises...spontaneous qigong adjustment...and opening channels. I noticed that the opening channels exercise made me feel more grounded and at peace. Also noticed that the practice overall helped me feel more at ease with my own self.

" I noticed that the opening channels exercise made me feel more grounded and at peace. Also noticed that the practice overall helped me feel more at ease with my own self."

:)

day 42. noticed more spontaneous movement in the neck area. im getting the hang of opening channels. However, I still cant do much of the exercises involving the back due to the lower back pain from insomnia. i will keep practicing with the tools that i have. I will maintain the current practice for another 1.5 months. After the time has passed, I will continue adding exercises.

day 50. I have been unable to post due to the nature of my nite practice that was followed by sleep. However, as I have engaged in practice, I noticed continuos spontaneous movement during practice. It seems to be a challenge to be still and quiet the mind. As a final contemplation to the practice, I have decided to add some meditation, which has helped me maintained a settled mind, though I am unsure whether to maintain this neutrality following the practice.

Minor respiratory issues have prevented me from doing spontaneous adjustment practice and the 3rd qigong practice. As soon as I overcome that hazard, I will continue my normal practice. I performed a 3 day tech gadget fast that allowed me to achieve a neutral mind faster. I will see what happens from here on.

I cannot control insomnia at the moment. I have decided to abandon this practice for a few weeks until I am aligned once more. I will be engaging in KY sodarshan chakra kriya, anuloma viloma and kirtan kriya. Progress will be posted on a ky yahoo group

If you are doing QiGong and opening up your energy channels, this might be a reason you are having trouble sleeping.

I remember with my initial practice, I have to ground consistently in order to actually be able to sleep through the night.

You may have another issue with insomnia, but ramping up Qi excercises can certainly add to the situation.

I can also attest to more energy sensative people getting uncomfortable around me when I was first starting this process. A hand ful of people would itch extensively when they sat near me (within a foor or two).

Just sharing my experience, thank you for sharing yours.

• Like 1

I went through this with Kundalini rising. No joke. My girl could feel the heat radiate from me. There was absolutely no sleep. I just circle walked while the insomnia was going on. It will help balance out your yin and yang, in my opine, it does for me. I think Zero makes a good point and just go back to basics for awhile.

IMO, one should not abandon practice, but rather alter it to fit you! Learn what your body needs. You will have plenty of time with the insomnia. I hope this helps.

• Like 1