Death to Human Ego

How does it feel to Party while in an Enlightened Egoless State?

Just watched Project X.

I am wondering.. how does it feel to Party, Dance, Do Drugs, Drink, Fcuk, etc etc after you have totally become Enlightened and completely removed your Human Ego?

Who says you can't become Enlightened, Totally Lose your Human Ego, Lose all your Addictions and Attachments to Life and all its Sensory Pleasures and yet Party at the same time without being attached and addicted to all the fun?

It is like eating ice cream.. being totally aware of its sensations and taste and yet not being attached or addicted to the sensations and taste..

Who says you can't party or whatever in a totally aware, zoned-out, zen state where you are fully in control of your faculties despite the fact that you have taken countless drugs and alcohol?

This is what I am curious about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvbMfHj63_c

Edited by Death to Human Ego

When you are Enlightened, it doesn't matter at all to your Divine Self if you are living the life of an ascetic hermit in the mountains away from sex, food, drugs, alcohol or if you are living the life of a billionaire partying it away in LA with all the sex, food, drugs and alcohol in the world.

Your Enlightened Mind would not be affected either way. All Unenlightened people would find it extremely difficult to live the life of an ascetic hermit without aversions to the ascetic hermetic lifestyle and they would also find it extremely difficult to taste the billionaire life of party, sex and drugs without developing attachments to such pleasures.

Aversions and Attachments.. the curse of an Unenlightened mind.

Good question!

but if your Enlightened, who cares?

What I am interested in, is this 'completely remove human ego' business.

What does that even mean? Which meaning for the word Ego are you referring too?

I get worried when different cultures teachings say get rid of... {such as samskaras} and then in translation to english we say 'Ego' which has its own set of differing connotations, that we may get led up the garden track, or develop false Ideas about what the Enlightenment traditions are telling us...

• Like 3

Good question!

but if your Enlightened, who cares?

What I am interested in, is this 'completely remove human ego' business.

What does that even mean? Which meaning for the word Ego are you referring too?

I get worried when different cultures teachings say get rid of... {such as samskaras} and then in translation to english we say 'Ego' which has its own set of differing connotations, that we may get led up the garden track, or develop false Ideas about what the Enlightenment traditions are telling us...

It means removing everything that is human about us.

Id rather have tea and a good conversation :D

Everyone has a different Buddha nature :P

dc3iv5.jpg

If you are enlightened, truly enlightened, you would find that there is no difference between having tea and a good conversation in a serene Japanese garden or partying it out in the craziest rave parties of Europe.

Problem is, humans are attached and adverse to one or the other.

It means removing everything that is human about us.

the divinity within us lies within the realm of what is human about us. our buddha nature is completely human about us. all the beauty, love, balance, bliss, and wisdom of all the teachings came out of human endeavor, and is also within that category.

its refreshing to see you questioning things along this line, i am glad your mind has opened to a lesser degree of rigidity, and i hope you continue to awaken until you can clearly see that there is nothing inherently wrong with the human condition. Even thinking about it in dualistic terms of samsara and nirvana only obscure the true nature of reality, which is transcendental, one with itself, and empty and therefore free from blemish. All things rest in that nature for the time they are existant, including the things that comprise our humanness.

• Like 1

the divinity within us lies within the realm of what is human about us. our buddha nature is completely human about us. all the beauty, love, balance, bliss, and wisdom of all the teachings came out of human endeavor, and is also within that category.

its refreshing to see you questioning things along this line, i am glad your mind has opened to a lesser degree of rigidity, and i hope you continue to awaken until you can clearly see that there is nothing inherently wrong with the human condition. Even thinking about it in dualistic terms of samsara and nirvana only obscure the true nature of reality, which is transcendental, one with itself, and empty and therefore free from blemish. All things rest in that nature for the time they are existant, including the things that comprise our humanness.

we only use 3% of our brains.. the other 97% is not controlled by us.. the 3% which we control is considered to be our humanity.. the other 97% is considered to be our divineness.. naturally, the 3% which we considered to be our humanity is part of our divine nature as well..

the problem here is .. most humans want to limit the nature and extent of their existence to the 3% while neglecting the other 97% of their true divine nature/brainpower..

humans only want to experience life and all its associated pleasures, food, sex, drugs, whatever as humans who only have control of only 3% of their being..

but i do not wanna experience life as a human..

I wanna experience my whole reality including life as a God who possess full 101% control of my brain, my soul and my whole divinity.. and not let other demons or devils take control of my being and divinity..

However in order to do that, one has to first cut off all the mental, emotional and physical addictions and attractions to all desires and other material things and then fight for 101% control of your whole being and then experience all the sensations of life if you want..

For if a human were to experience the sensations of life without exhibiting 101% control of his being and divine self, that would be no different from living reality as an animal.

You think food, sex and other human things are fun? Wait till you indulge and play in the games which the higher dimensional gods and deities indulge themselves in.

The food, sex and alcohol in the higher dimensions are a million, billion times more intoxicating and pleasurable than any food, sex or alcohol in this third dimensional realm.

So I would rather remove everything that is human about me so that I can enjoy the food, sex and alcohol in the higher dimensions than to remain trapped as an human animal in this lower third dimension.

If you are enlightened, truly enlightened, you would find that there is no difference between having tea and a good conversation in a serene Japanese garden or partying it out in the craziest rave parties of Europe.

Problem is, humans are attached and adverse to one or the other.

:D well to be honest I wouldn't mind either depending on whether it is time for tea or time for raving hahah ... time in relation to feeling

+ the difference being one is raving or one is drinking tea

the only thing that would remain unchanged would be ones state of mind

i assume

:D well to be honest I wouldn't mind either depending on whether it is time for tea or time for raving hahah ... time in relation to feeling

+ the difference being one is raving or one is drinking tea

the only thing that would remain unchanged would be ones state of mind

i assume

if a buddha or archangel would to descend into this lowly realm for a day or two and he drank tea while contemplating the nature of tao meditatively in the middle of a rave party, does that make him human or god?

hmnn, so...how are you doing on the spiritual prerequisites? Do you have a quiet mind? Is it silent all day? Are your emotions in check? Are your desires? How is your self control?

You can't skip steps. Real spiritual work is measured in decades, indeed to finish a spiritual mile stone is easily a decade long endeavor.

Telling me what you want <godhood> doesn't mean much. Your daily practice that tells me whether you're a poser or a serious student.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

if a buddha or archangel would to descend into this lowly realm for a day or two and he drank tea while contemplating the nature of tao meditatively in the middle of a rave party, does that make him human or god?

that would make him me :)

When you get to nondual consciousness, every sound, action, sight, is very very intense and blissful, irregardless of alcohol or drugs, the sense of self completely dissolves into everything. My shift to nondual awareness happened when dancing in the club. But this is not full enlightenment. In full enlightenment, there will not be any desires to party or seek any sensual pleasures, it is the end of craving.

Edited by xabir2005
  • Like 1

When you get to nondual consciousness, every sound, action, sight, is very very intense and blissful, irregardless of alcohol or drugs, the sense of self completely dissolves into everything. My shift to nondual awareness happened when dancing in the club. But this is not full enlightenment. In full enlightenment, there will not be any desires to party or seek any sensual pleasures, it is the end of craving.

in full enlightenment, you would be in a party sniffing up coke or binging on alcohol or having sex with a woman and yet remain completely detached from the emotional responses from such material activities.. you would not be craving the "happiness" from such material activities nor would you feel any "happiness" from such material activities..

in short you would not experience any difference in your mind in your emotions between drinking tea in a serene japanese garden, raving while on drugs and alcohol or even drinking tea in the middle of a rave party while on drugs and alcohol..

this would be the pinnacle of enlightenment.. achieving such complete control of your mind, body and spirit that no external beings would have any influence over your mind, body and spirit again..

participating in a rave party is completely different from having the desire in a rave party.. it is just like prostitution.. a lot of prostitutes engage in sex with men.. but a lot of them shut off their mind and closed their eyes and pretend they are somewhere else while having sex with their customers..

i believe there is this deity called "Ji Gong" in the chinese culture.. he was a monk who achieved complete enlightenment and liberation of the mind and yet partook of alcohol and meat.. why do you think this is so?

hmnn, so...how are you doing on the spiritual prerequisites? Do you have a quiet mind? Is it silent all day? Are your emotions in check? Are your desires? How is your self control?

You can't skip steps. Real spiritual work is measured in decades, indeed to finish a spiritual mile stone is easily a decade long endeavor.

Telling me what you want <godhood> doesn't mean much. Your daily practice that tells me whether you're a poser or a serious student.

my mind and self-control is getting better and my emotions and desires are getting lower.. i have largely negated my desires to have sex and are now working on my desire for good food..

real spiritual work used to be measured in decades but now in this year 2012.. enlightenment can be achieved in an instant..

especially when one has the god-like powers to remove all forms of desires from humanity in the twinkling of an eye..

Imagine a world where humans do not have any desires or attachments or aversions anymore.

A world where humans can have sex or eat or party yet their minds do not feel the slightest emotional or mental response when having sex or eating or partying.

The Buddhists call this frame of mind being centered being unmoving .. vispassana, dzogchen, mahamudra.. well what happens when the whole of humanity is in this centered frame of mind, totally aware, totally empty, totally centered regardless of what humans are doing whether it be having sex, eating great spaghetti in an italian restaurant, binging it up on drugs and alcohol in raves, drinking tea in a japanese garden or meditating in a temple?

this would be complete enlightenment, complete liberation..

It's clear that your motivation is for hedonistic pleasures of experience.

Bliss is not the goal one should strive for, it is just one of its effects when one becomes clearer in wisdom and awareness. You strive to liberation not to attain greater bliss but to understand and liberate from suffering and to understand one's existence.

In other words, I think you are asking the wrong questions and they reveal more about your own attachments and inner conflicts.

• Like 1

real spiritual work used to be measured in decades but now in this year 2012.. enlightenment can be achieved in an instant..

Hmm so you are obviously more Interested in beliefs than reality, or at least more interested in new age beliefs!

Show me the people who enlightened instantly as a result of 2012 and i'll retract my statement. But that enlightenment better include 101% control over mind body soul...

my mind and self-control is getting better and my emotions and desires are getting lower.. i have largely negated my desires to have sex and are now working on my desire for good food..

Which 'I' are you refering to? who exactly has got rid of sex desires?

Are you 100% sure that trying to force down desires is not an ego trick to make you feel good, for living up to or progressing towards your enlightenment expectations?

especially when one has the god-like powers to remove all forms of desires from humanity in the twinkling of an eye..

Weird that none of the great teachers did this in their day. And none of them claimed this 'power'. Is this more random belief?

Where do you get this stuff? Elizabeth Clair Prophet?

So my theory here is that Tulku has given up on trying to convert the heathens in the old manner, so he has come up with a cunning plan, changed his name and is trying to reach us through our desires for snorting coke at rave party's while having sex...

But he is trying to convert us to a mishmash of Buddhism, Christianity, New Age 2012 blah blah, and god know what else.

If you disagree tulku/ego death, lets just hold the conversation till sometime 2013, when still struggling with sexual desire, and frustration with all the random belief clouding your mind, you log on to tell everyone your latest theory.

Better yet, why don't you just go get a proper Teacher? You mentioned Dzogchen and Mahamudra, which are superb traditions, with a number of available teachers these days.

But if you do, remember to be humble. You as yet, have almost Zero grasp on what these traditions actually teach, yet you are here trying to teach others. and most of the Ideas I hear you spreading about what you 'think' these teachings say, is very very incorrect.

And note, I have hit you here with a bit of my ample causticity towards fuzzy thinking and new age mumbo jumbo, but I actually admire your zeal greatly.

It reminds me of me.

I can tell you actually care deeply about finding what is real and true and good.

I wish that went for more who post here.

Seth.

• Like 2

Bliss is not the goal one should strive for, it is just one of its effects when one becomes clearer in wisdom and awareness...

Nice... Makes me think of the three pitfalls in Dzogchen.

Bliss, Clarity, Freedom from thought.

in full enlightenment, you would be in a party sniffing up coke or binging on alcohol or having sex with a woman and yet remain completely detached from the emotional responses from such material activities.. you would not be craving the "happiness" from such material activities nor would you feel any "happiness" from such material activities..

in short you would not experience any difference in your mind in your emotions between drinking tea in a serene japanese garden, raving while on drugs and alcohol or even drinking tea in the middle of a rave party while on drugs and alcohol..

this would be the pinnacle of enlightenment.. achieving such complete control of your mind, body and spirit that no external beings would have any influence over your mind, body and spirit again..

participating in a rave party is completely different from having the desire in a rave party.. it is just like prostitution.. a lot of prostitutes engage in sex with men.. but a lot of them shut off their mind and closed their eyes and pretend they are somewhere else while having sex with their customers..

i believe there is this deity called "Ji Gong" in the chinese culture.. he was a monk who achieved complete enlightenment and liberation of the mind and yet partook of alcohol and meat.. why do you think this is so?

It is best not to believe in tales. Ji gong may be a monk or a Buddhist (that I do not know of), but if he still indulges in alcohol or behaves in ways contrary to the dharma, I do not consider him an arahat or fully enlightened. Meat is allowed by Buddha on three conditions (i.e. not killed by you, not seen or suspected to be killed for you, or demanded to be killed for you), but a monk who is liberated will not have any desire for food, taste, etc - and eats merely for survival needs.

I do not think that there will be any need for party if there were no desire to do so. It is not a necessity like eating your meal or drinking water.

Edited by xabir2005

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an09/an09.007.than.html

Buddha:

"[1] It is impossible for a monk whose mental fermentations are ended to intentionally deprive a living being of life. [2] It is impossible for a monk whose mental fermentations are ended to take, in the manner of stealing, what is not given. [3] It is impossible for a monk whose mental fermentations are ended to engage in sexual intercourse. [4] It is impossible for a monk whose mental fermentations are ended to tell a conscious lie. [5] It is impossible for a monk whose mental fermentations are ended to consume stored-up sensual things as he did before, when he was a householder.

"[6] It is impossible for a monk whose mental fermentations are ended to follow a bias based on desire. [7] It is impossible for a monk whose mental fermentations are ended to follow a bias based on aversion. [8] It is impossible for a monk whose mental fermentations are ended to follow a bias based on fear. [9] It is impossible for a monk whose mental fermentations are ended to follow a bias based on delusion.

Edited by xabir2005
  • Like 1

It's clear that your motivation is for hedonistic pleasures of experience.

Bliss is not the goal one should strive for, it is just one of its effects when one becomes clearer in wisdom and awareness. You strive to liberation not to attain greater bliss but to understand and liberate from suffering and to understand one's existence.

In other words, I think you are asking the wrong questions and they reveal more about your own attachments and inner conflicts.

Very true... right intention to embark on the spiritual journey is very important. This is part of the noble eightfold path which leads to liberation.

Actually non-dual consciousness/luminosity is very blissful, but there will not be liberation (from attachments, fetters, etc) until further insights into anatta and emptiness. This has been my experience.

Reminds me of this:

(Thusness)

So in addition to the non-dual seamless experience, there must also be the clear experience of perpetual letting go of non-holding to whatever arises. Therefore when AEN told me non-dual presence, the NDNCDIMOP or being lock up permanently in PCEs of the AF as the key solution to eliminate emotion, pride and anger…the 10 fetters, I told him not yet, not because I am stubbornly attached to Buddha's teaching but because that is my realization and experience. :-)

Also:

Hi Simpo and AEN,

Yet we cannot get carried away by all these blissful experiences. Blissfulness is the result of luminosity whereas liberation is due to prajna wisdom. :)

To AEN,

For intense luminosity in the foreground, you will not only have vivid experience of ‘brilliant aliveness’, ‘you’ must also completely disappear. It is an experience of being totally ‘transparent’ and without boundaries. These experiences are quite obvious, u will not miss it. However the body-mind will not rest in great content due to an experience of intense luminosity. Contrary it can make a practitioner more attach to a non-dual ultimate luminous state.

For the mind to rest, it must have an experience of ‘great dissolve’ that whatever arises perpetually self liberates. It is not about phenomena dissolving into some great void but it is the empty nature of whatever arises that self-liberates. It is the direct experience of groundlessness and non –abiding due to direct insight of the empty nature of phenomena and that includes the non-dual luminous essence.

Therefore In addition to bringing this ‘taste’ to the foreground, u must also ‘realize’ the difference between wrong and right view. There is also a difference in saying “Different forms of Aliveness” and “There is just breath, sound, scenery...magical display that is utterly unfindable, ungraspable and without essence- empty.”

In the former case, realize how the mind is manifesting a subtle tendency of attempting to ‘pin’ and locate something that inherently exists. The mind feels uneasy and needs to seek for something due to its existing paradigm. It is not simply a matter of expression for communication sake but a habit that runs deep because it lacks a ‘view’ that is able to cater for reality that is dynamic, ungraspable, non-local , center-less and interdependent.

After direct realization of the non-dual essence and empty nature, the mind can then have a direct glimpse of what is meant by being ‘natural’, otherwise there will always be a ‘sense of contrivance’.

My 2 cents and have fun with ur army life. :-)

Edited by xabir2005