Nilo

Closing dan tien after practice?

After practice these days I feel like I have loads of energy and go about my day like a Warlord, I feel intense pulsing vibrations within. Problem is that the world is not a battlefield and my energy is too intense, unecessarily so.

What do I need to do after practice to become calm and centered? Do I need to close my dan tien better?

Ca anyone help guide me with this?

Edited by Nilo

I am not sure, since I don't know you nor your practice. (You could describe it a bit, that might help)

Generally speaking, I would say you need to balance your martial arts practice (I guess that's what you do?) or sport with something "cooler" like soft meditation qi gong. Also try to "let go" things more. How to do that? Well, when you wake up, you can say (mentally, or even aloud if no one's around) "Today, I will just allow things to be the way they are". This works like a mantra, a pattern that your mind will follow more and more over time.

Don't forget to pay attention to your breathing,too.

Hope that helps.

Have you tried this inner smile with Mantak Chia?

I use "Inner smile" to quell the flames and to seal the dan tien. It is sort of like Metta which I consider to be the actual realization of the phenomena.

Hi,

My teacher recommends a simple 'sealing' at the beginning and end of practice. This is just standing in a simple wuiji-like posture with either feet shoulder width apart or closer together, crown raised, spine suspended -all the usual things. Place both palms, laogong over laogong, over the lower dantien. Breathe naturally and focus the mind on the LDT. Stand like this.

He recommends ideally doing this for as long as you have practiced i.e., if you walk the circle for an hour then you stand like this for an hour afterwards.

Cheers

Rob

complete and utter stillness integrates ;)

its exactly that reason I chose the word 'protocol'

Edited by joeblast

Thanks yall, i will experiment with the suggestions and report back.