Sign in to follow this  
Josama

Need some advice regarding posture during standing meditation

I have opening the energy gates of the body as well as relaxing into your being but I still don't get it,I think I will go with some hip stretching and experiment until I find the correct posture.

Thank you for the help

So what about my other question regarding the fur/mat when doing Kunlun,is it a necessity?

The fur/mat are for your own comfort only.

Well in the book Max says that the fir/mat keeps the energy from leaking into the ground and avoids leaking of the kidney qi?

3 Weeks ago I switched from regular ZZ to the maoshan five elements.

In the beginning everything was fine however at the end of the 2 week I began to experience knee pain so I stopped the practiced.

Before I practiced ZZ for 6 months before and never got knee pain

so I assume the balls are meant to keep you in the right posture? So how can I get in the right posture?,Today I tried again and this time I pulled up my hips without raising the chest and this time I felt a little tension inside the thights and under my bud,is it supposed to ferl like this?

It is important for me to find out why ZZ did not help you to strengthen your leg muscles and your knees. Please answer the following questions:

1. Can you describe how did you do the ZZ stance in the six months of practice..???

2. What did you do different in maoshan five elements than in ZZ...???

People often misunderstood what kidney qi is. In TCM, the kidney qi is the functional activity of the kidney. It doesn't mean the kidney energy. The Chinese people are so confused with the character qi or chi(氣). It was misinterpreted in many cases. Hence, this term was only known as 'energy' around the world.

All people stand on the ground all the time, do you think all the qi in the human organs will be leaked to the ground...??? If that is the case, we have no energy left inside our bodies and ended up dead.

Note:

Energy inside your body will be generated as soon you inhale and diminished in few seconds if it was not used by you. Energy will not and cannot leak from your body. Period.

In my 6 months of ZZ practice my left foot(the right mabe 2) was turned a little outward while when I did the maoshan 5 elements I paid attention to position the feet paralell to each other

In my 6 months of ZZ practice my left foot(the right mabe 2) was turned a little outward while when I did the maoshan 5 elements I paid attention to position the feet paralell to each other

Did you bend your knees....???

Josama...

Since you didn't mention that you had bended you knees, I will have to assume that you didn't. I think I know why and it is not your fault. Here is why, it is because the translation for ZZ was "standing mediation" which threw you off. It is a westerner cultural thing; they tend to do exactly what it says rather than what it is to do. So, when you do ZZ, you stand and meditate without knowing the purpose of ZZ. You didn't know the importance of bending the knees in ZZ. Indeed, you have not accomplish what you were tried to do in your six months of ZZ practice. Am I correct...???

I would like to start a new thread on ZZ to explain why the translation of "standing mediation" is very misleading. BTW I had seen a video clip with a Chinese demonstrator of ZZ; and I do regret that he called it "standing mediation". He might the culprit.

for cryin out loud CD, you do not communicate in english well enough to be able to help someone over the internet like this. you are sowing more confusion than you are helping solve problems. please go put your head back into your translations.

Here is what real ZZ(站桩) means by standing on posts with the knees bended to keep the body in balance.

Edited by ChiDragon

The lion dance on the posts is one application of ZZ(站桩)

Edited by ChiDragon

Sign in to follow this