eye_of_the_storm

Internal Spinning

Sometimes meditating "going deeper" this internal spinning sensation happens in the mind / consciousness / body?

what is this?

peace :)

Since nobody responded , your question looked abandoned.

I cant answer it though except to suggest that in dream states ,spinning indicates a loss of control ( no big surprise there)

Maybe a pop back up to the top of the list will get your question seen.

Since nobody responded , your question looked abandoned.

I cant answer it though except to suggest that in dream states ,spinning indicates a loss of control ( no big surprise there)

Maybe a pop back up to the top of the list will get your question seen.

ah Thanks Stosh :)

Well my guess is that the finer energy body is starting to detach from the physical

or as one focuses on the inner body? the physical body drops away ... energy flows where attention goes?

the physical body becomes "really heavy" like its sinking away to a point where you can't feel it anymore... this internal spinning sensation (maybe whirling would be a better, but gentlish) of sorts happens, consciousness becomes free in a manner from identification with the body... feel kind of expanded but usually at this point i get too excited (as in heart) and "snap out of it"

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

ah Thanks Stosh :)

Well my guess is that the finer energy body is starting to detach from the physical

or as one focuses on the inner body? the physical body drops away ... energy flows where attention goes?

the physical body becomes "really heavy" like its sinking away to a point where you can't feel it anymore... this internal spinning sensation (maybe whirling would be a better, but gentlish) of sorts happens, consciousness becomes free in a manner from identification with the body... feel kind of expanded but usually at this point i get too excited (as in heart) and "snap out of it"

Samething to me, do you notice you go clockwise for half a rotation and then counter clockwise>?

It's like space is moving around you yet you aren't moving, but it feels like your moving.

Edited by Informer
  • Like 1

I think it is recognition of free awareness and the pineal gland exhibiting a circadian rhythm.

"The primary circadian "clock" in mammals is located in the suprachiasmatic nucleus (or nuclei) (SCN), a pair of distinct groups of cells located in the hypothalamus. Destruction of the SCN results in the complete absence of a regular sleep–wake rhythm. The SCN receives information about illumination through the eyes. The retina of the eye contains "classical" photoreceptors ("rods" and "cones"), which are used for conventional vision. But the retina also contains specialized ganglion cells which are directly photosensitive, and project directly to the SCN where they help in the entrainment of this master circadian clock.

These cells contain the photopigment melanopsin and their signals follow a pathway called the retinohypothalamic tract, leading to the SCN. If cells from the SCN are removed and cultured, they maintain their own rhythm in the absence of external cues.

The SCN takes the information on the lengths of the day and night from the retina, interprets it, and passes it on to the pineal gland, a tiny structure shaped like a pine cone and located on the epithalamus. In response, the pineal secretes the hormone melatonin. Secretion of melatonin peaks at night and ebbs during the day and its presence provides information about night-length.

Several studies have indicated that pineal melatonin feeds back on SCN rhythmicity to modulate circadian patterns of activity and other processes. However, the nature and system-level significance of this feedback are unknown.

The circadian rhythms of humans can be entrained to slightly shorter and longer periods than the Earth's 24 hours. Researchers at Harvard have recently shown that human subjects can at least be entrained to a 23.5-hour cycle and a 24.65-hour cycle (the latter being the natural solar day-night cycle on the planet Mars).[26]"

It seems like if awareness is completely somewhere else then it doesn't happen. But if you multi-task heart and pineal it is still noticeable imo.

Ad a bit of fire and you seem to spin faster . . .

Edited by Informer

Sometimes meditating "going deeper" this internal spinning sensation happens in the mind / consciousness / body?

what is this?

I dont understand, where is the spinning and how is it spinning?

Samething to me, do you notice you go clockwise for half a rotation and then counter clockwise>?

It's like space is moving around you yet you aren't moving, but it feels like your moving.

yes :) /circadian rhythm stuff was interesting too

I had a thought before perhaps the clockwise for half a rotation and then counter clockwise

maybe attention moving between the right and left hemisphere of the brain before one zones in on the "zero point"

so the yin and yang? do they relate to the left and right hemi? the Bridge? between.. is that the "Rainbow Bridge"? if you balance these and hit the zero point? hmmm

maybe, maybe not

KAP program taught by Santiago here had some online Shaktipat sessions. Listening to one, I had a feeling like a blender was whirling around in my belly. The interesting thing is there was no suggestions for a that kind of sensation. It happened by itself with no imagery or desire. When I mentioned it, Santiago said, that's the Shaktipat.

Don't know if that's the same spin you were looking for though. It was an interesting phenomena that hasn't happened again at least not so intensely.

yes :) /circadian rhythm stuff was interesting too

I had a thought before perhaps the clockwise for half a rotation and then counter clockwise

maybe attention moving between the right and left hemisphere of the brain before one zones in on the "zero point"

so the yin and yang? do they relate to the left and right hemi? the Bridge? between.. is that the "Rainbow Bridge"? if you balance these and hit the zero point? hmmm

maybe, maybe not

Possibly our mechanism for astral travel. Do you get celestial chi at will?

I'm not sure about the term rainbow bridge, what does it mean or is said to be?

I do think logic/creativity are opposites, yin/yang, but which is which I don't know. IE creativity is not logical and logic is not creative, yet we seem to be both anyway.

Edited by Informer

I was talking about this before with others, although non shared the experience, one thought it was describing the merkaba, which I think was described in ancient egypt before the rest of the religion took hold, and derived teaching from it, just a guess though.

merkaba.jpg

• Like 1

what is this?

I feel it like a drop (like I've just free-fallen several thousand feet) as the consciousness settles at a newer, less noisy level in meditation. Sometimes if feels as if I'm rolling into a ditch...not so much spinning (but I guess different people experience it in different ways). It used to bother me a lot (and sometimes break my meditation initially)...doesn't do so much these days.

The rationale that it was before most religions is because of the "Library of Alexandria" had compiled much work from various places in the world which people could go to read and/or steal/take it back to their people. Once they got back to their people they had to translate it and make it acceptable to the people so that understanding could be derived from the original texts. So they are not the original source in and of themselves, non of them are, because the original source was destroyed when the Library of Alexandria was burned.

By celestial chi, I mean can you make the hair on your arms stand up sort of like a cat while you can feel energy coursing through every vein?

Edited by Informer

Samasara ---> Nirvana in Buddhism

Holy trinity in Christianity (Holy ghost)

Taoism is the Tao, IMO

. . . but some might know something for concise and descriptive.

KAP program taught by Santiago here had some online Shaktipat sessions. Listening to one, I had a feeling like a blender was whirling around in my belly. The interesting thing is there was no suggestions for a that kind of sensation. It happened by itself with no imagery or desire. When I mentioned it, Santiago said, that's the Shaktipat.

Don't know if that's the same spin you were looking for though. It was an interesting phenomena that hasn't happened again at least not so intensely.

ah cool missed your post sorry

and yours Dwai

i'll check out this Shaktipat