Aaron

Take Leave of Your Sanity

Ah! So you discovered a fleshlight for you brain? But is that really satisfying,...or just temporary bliss.

A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B. I think you shouldn't knock bliss, even if it is temporary.

Aaron

• Like 1

everything is interrelated? mutual arising :lol:

Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.

Take leave of your sanity, but still be responsible for your actions, that's the most important line in the Gnarls Barkley quote, in my opinion. We should always strive to understand our connection to each other, because it is that connection that is the root of the love within us all. Some don't like the word love, they'd rather use the word compassion, but I think those people are afraid of love, because they've seen it's radiance and been blinded by it, but that's not the whole truth, rather they've seen it's radiance and were frightened of its power. Love is the most powerful thing that exists, it's the root of who we are and why we are, at least that's what I think.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

We should always strive to understand our connection to each other, because it is that connection that is the root of the love within us all.

Aaron

How do you have an open, honest, serious discussion on how can we strive to understand our connection with each other, while forbidding to include the millions of vicious dogs (owned by fear-based people needing protection), who daily terrorize the very Others that are connected to the root of love?

Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.

Take leave of your sanity, but still be responsible for your actions, that's the most important line in the Gnarls Barkley quote, in my opinion. We should always strive to understand our connection to each other, because it is that connection that is the root of the love within us all. Some don't like the wold love, they'd rather use the word compassion, but I think those people are afraid of love, because they've seen it's radiance and been blinded by it, but that's not the whole truth, rather they've seen it's radiance and were frightened of its power. Love is the most powerful thing that exists, it's the root of who we are and why we are, at least that's what I think.

Aaron

Cool man! love / compassion yes yes

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE :wub: feeeeels gooood :wub:

• Like 1

How do you have an open, honest, serious discussion on how can we strive to understand our connection with each other, while forbidding to include the millions of vicious dogs (owned by fear-based people needing protection), who daily terrorize the very Others that are connected to the root of love?

By not adding that into the discussion. I'm really not sure how much clearer I can be on the matter.

Aaron

edit- And I'd ask how the hell we've gone since the beginning of this forum without discussing it and now it's a topic that can't be ignored? I think the truth is that you want to discuss it, even if others don't want to. I'm really not trying to be rude, but you're frustrating me because you wont let it go. I didn't want this to be another us vs. them thread, but rather a deeper discussion on the principles of love as they are described in the original quote.

Edited by Twinner

"You are the best. You are the worst. You are average. Your love is a part of you. You try to give it away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions." -Gnarls Barkley, in a letter to the legendary rock critic Lester Bangs

I like this statement. As in hate is frustrated love. But I'll go as ever with:

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove ..."

"To reclaim what you never lost" ... how beautifully put. How non-dualist.

"Take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible" ... which meaning response-able ... that is able to respond adequately. To live in the tavern of ruin as the Sufi's would say. But not affected ... not pretend love ... the real, real thing. Great.

P.S. Did Shakespeare have a dog? If he did it was not allowed in the house ... 'out damned Spot!'

By not adding that into the discussion. I'm really not sure how much clearer I can be on the matter.

Aaron

edit- And I'd ask how the hell we've gone since the beginning of this forum without discussing it and now it's a topic that can't be ignored? I think the truth is that you want to discuss it, even if others don't want to. I'm really not trying to be rude, but you're frustrating me because you wont let it go. I didn't want this to be another us vs. them thread, but rather a deeper discussion on the principles of love as they are described in the original quote.

Silence is Complicity,..not Love.

I have been silent a lot recently because I didn't agree with anything. It was love. As in tennis ... 0 = love.

That's not always the case, but if it helps you to sleep at night, that's fine.

Aaron

Don't confuse an attempt to silence and control with people just being fed up with doggy talk.

Amen brother.

repeating an argument ad nauseum, doesn't make it anymore convincing.