Sign in to follow this  
sean

Yoga - The Other Ninety-Eight Percent

Yogani is scheduled to be interviewed on a one hour radio show Sunday, November 12th, at 8pm eastern time, USA. The interview will be webcast live from this link: http://1360wsai.com/pages/streaming.html

The radio station is 1360AM WSAI in Cincinnati, Ohio.

The show is called: "Yoga -- The Other Ninety-Eight Percent."

Unfortunately there are some international restrictions to the webcast, but I believe Yogani intends to make the stream available on his website as soon as he can.

More information is available in the AYP thread for this announcement.

Sean

.., but I believe Yogani intends to make the stream available on his website as soon as he can.
Would you post again in this thread when it becomes available on his sight? Curious to listen to this guy.

Will do Trunk.

FYI, the time has been pushed up an hour ... Yogani will be on the air in about one hour from now. :)

Sean

Hi Sean

I am curious... I recently went to a seminar with my Russian teacher Oleg again... and he has mentioned at least twice that people who open the back channel first (without working on the front one) later get into trouble trying to open the front one...

how do you deal with that possibility? (I remember the MO pendulum!)

Harry

Yoda, I was thinking the same thing! :)

sunshine, I am not at any level to really answer that. I think system bridging is still new and not an exact science. Maybe within the typical layout of a Taoist alchemical practice opening the back channel first presents a problem that is missing, for any number of reasons, when the same thing occurs within a Yogic practice. (?)

Also, it's possible that AYP addresses this problem, as Yogani says, through the various bandhas. There is some uniqueness to the fact that the AYP back channel skips the crown and goes from the jade pillow to the third eye and back down again. Perhaps the problem with premature opening of the back channel is simply premature crown opening and between skipping the crown at first, and also bringing the energy back down again, this problem is avoided. (?)

Also, with sambhavi, the practice of holding the eyes focused on the third eye, and siddhasana, the practice of sitting with your heel on your perineum, it seems like AYP is creating locks and vacuums that facilitate generous movement and integration of any upward and downward energies. (?)

At this point in my practice I feel it's the upward / downward movement that is key and not necessarily the details of which channel you are tracing. Whether you work exclusively with the core channel, the front or back channels, the entire microcosmic orbit, even the belt channels or the now internationally recognized microcosmic pendulum ;) ... as long as there is an up and down movement, that is what is crucial IMHO.

Sean

I'm listening right now... he sounds and is much younger than I had imagined... possibly late fifties and sounds 40 something. That's pretty surprising.

Some nuggets:

Surrender in yoga means giving it your all.

Most problems in yoga come with awakening the kundalini too soon by working on the crown chakra. If this is a problem try spinal breathing and get lots of exercise eat a heavier diet.

Meditation gradually dissolves subtle obstructions. Sometimes this is hard to track.

~~~

Well that was kickin! If you are an AYP fan, do catch the reruns on the aypsite.com

Sign in to follow this