Sign in to follow this  
Aetherous

Kanga Room Systems

http://tinyhouseblog.com/pre-fab/kanga-room-systems/

http://www.kangaroomsystems.com/

The Modern design offers clean lines, a progressive style and can be constructed to sizes large enough to accommodate a bathroom and a kitchenette. The Modern comes in eight sizes: the 8′x10′ for around $7,150, the 10′x12′ for around $7,900, the 12′x14′ for around $9,200, the 12′x16′ and the 14′x14′ for around $9,860, the 14′x16′ for around $10,670, the 14′x20′ for around $11,999 and the 14′x24′ for around $13,400.

Nice & affordable. I was at Northwestern University and saw a graduate group project on a renewable tiny house. Very cool, roof was solar, it caught rain water and redirected, purifed it and stored it below, composting toilet, super efficient dc lighting and gadgets. It was meant to be fully liveable off the grid.

Expensive because it was one of a kind, but it had some excellent ideas incorporated into it.

Very cool, roof was solar, it caught rain water and redirected, purifed it and stored it below, composting toilet, super efficient dc lighting and gadgets. It was meant to be fully liveable off the grid.

Good ideaz.

One of my plans for the future is to buy some cheap land near a national forest, and build something similar to this. Have it be like a backup house in case the economy totally fails or I choose to go into hermit mode later in life, or just get away for a while...totally self sufficient, totally paid for upfront, and only needing to pay the very affordable taxes on the land to keep it.

Edit: I don't think I could do the humanure thing though. Too much work and disgustingness. Maybe just build an outhouse.

I've looked at Army field manulas for setting up a camp...good resource. They tend to keep the waste a certain distance and elevation (down hill) away from the living area for very sensible reasons.

Edited by Scotty

Sign in to follow this