Vmarco

Can I ever be happy?

I was under the impression Seth Ananda was also a father with all the responsibilities that entails. :unsure:

Very True... Lots of responsibilities... :)

And not single!

Edited by Seth Ananda

Maybe I'm being too confrontational. Can you give examples of how believing nothing is real helps you in getting through real life experiences. Or, if there are no real life experiences how you perform everyday actions while keeping in mind it's all illusion.

I would say that realizing the Dreamlike and Illusory nature of reality does not make you stupid :)

One still see's and lives in ones relative existence, with any responsibilities and duties you may have.

One just becomes more and more certain that the relative is lacking in any absolute qualities and is not worth attaching too or trying to get happiness from.

That certainly doesn't equal no longer enjoying relative things {like dating} or doing things that would quickly end your relative existence {like stepping in front of a car} or ceasing to take actions that support your relative existence {paying bills}

What does change is the tension and anxiety or neurosis that used to comes up in relation to your relative existence falls away, as it {the relative level} no longer has the significance it once had...

• Like 2

afaik happiness comes from the body being in harmony. not from the head. if all your organs are well balanced and your organ spirits are well tended, and your energy flow is good in the body, then happiness is the natural state of being.

• Like 4

Can I ever be happy? That is to say, beyond the temporary diversion and serial entertainments where one may think they're happy.

Yes you can.

The question is 'may' you be happy?

I would say that realizing the Dreamlike and Illusory nature of reality does not make you stupid :)

One still see's and lives in ones relative existence, with any responsibilities and duties you may have.

One just becomes more and more certain that the relative is lacking in any absolute qualities and is not worth attaching too or trying to get happiness from.

That certainly doesn't equal no longer enjoying relative things {like dating} or doing things that would quickly end your relative existence {like stepping in front of a car} or ceasing to take actions that support your relative existence {paying bills}

What does change is the tension and anxiety or neurosis that used to comes up in relation to your relative existence falls away, as it {the relative level} no longer has the significance it once had...

Cool. Good answer.

I was looking at it, too literally.

• Like 1

The dreamlike way of looking at reality is often referred to in Western culture as imagination. But there's a whole different context to it when you only emphasize detachment. I feel like creativity is the other half that's often overlooked when we mention illusion (and I don't mean creativity as making flower ornaments or jewelry. But daily life as well.)