Sign in to follow this  
jacklantegi

Small Universe (MCO) and the Kidniea

Heya fellow bums :)

I have been doing the small universe meditation consistently for the past few months now (1-2 hours a day) and I am encountering a recurring problem that I don't know how to solve.

The problem is basically that I think I have a problem with my kidneys. Once I direct the energy there Upwards from my lower back it gets "sucked in" into my left kidney and starts uncomfortably wobbling around in that area. Once I try to move the energy higher up to the next point (behind the neck), the stubborn energy barely makes it up there and even if it does briefly, most of it literally gets sucked back down into my left kidney area, as if it were some kind of vortex. I sometimes feel it pulsing on its own when Im just lying down not doing much.

Anyway, the problem resolved itseld on its own for about a full month ans now its back in full force again and its getting me discouraged. I have already done 4 phone healing sessions with Master Lin and it unfortunately not helped remedy the problem. One of their master healers suggested I simply move my point of focus in the problem areas instead of "moving" the energy through, but the energy vortex is simply too strong; it sucks in any energy I develop throughy awareness/focus anywhere on my back. Its getting really annoying because the difference in terms of results when this stopped happening was immense. Now its like the circuit gets short circuited every time and I have to power it up andw at the bottom of the head region.

Ive tried everything from intense massage to accupuncture to TCM to magnet/laser therapy to no avail. My guess is my kidneys are so weak and energy-deprived that they suck in any energy they can get their hands on....

Any thoughts or words of advice?

Use the small small circulation until you've conditioned things well enough. If you're not raising the energy effectively beyond there anyway then this must be rectified before you do entire loops.

The "small small" circulation is found in the YMAA small circulation book, I just had a couple posts in my ppsection about it. The loop doesnt travel above the mingmen, in fact that's where it enters, then connects to cv7 in front where there is a confluence of the penetrating and conception vessels, kidney meridian, proceeds to the bottom of the loop from there.

I've done a decent amount of work with 3 dantiens - so this small-small practice as expressed through 3 dantiens goes like this: each hexagram is a complete inhale and exhale, the dantiens are yin/yang:broken/unbroken. "Yang" doesnt really mean forceful here, even just thinking passive/active should be plenty sufficient.

I would also recommend an appropriate amount of zhan zhuang focused on yongquan breathing as a complimentary practice.

smallsmall

Edited by joeblast

Oh my... try as I might, I was unable to understand most of what you said. I'm not very apt with this kind of terminology.

I googled "Small Circulation" and from what I understand it's just another label for the "MCO". Is this right?

I do have the "Embryonic Breathing" book but I have only read the first few pages so far.

Anyway, can you expand on why your method would be a better option? It's not that I'm unable to raise the energy or unable to do full loops. Like I said, I've been doing this daily for quite a while. My problem is that at certain times, the energy becomes unstable in the kidney area.

Would this not be something I should fix at the physical level (ie: reinforce the kidneys)

I will take your recommendation and start practicing zhan zhouang, although I am a bit hesitant as with Spring Forest Qigong, Master Lin asks not to incorporate any outside methods until you are well versed with SPQ (months and months of training).

What sensation was the kidney? Burning? Tingly? x inner smile? = win.

If you are looking for herbal remedy or preventative/rejuvenation effects:

From Haiti to Fiji and all throughout India, Bhumyamalaki has been used for millennia to support liver and kidney health while supporting a myriad of other aspects of wellness. Punarnava has a “fountain of youth” reputation in it, in fact its very name means that. And Katuki is considered by many of the best herbalists to be the best liver herb they know, as it directly improves liver function and also increases innate liver allies like glutathione and superoxide dismatase. Where many herbs depend on polyphenols and antioxidants, these herbs can offer that as well as many potent alkaloids which significantly “ups the ante.”

Organic India

Edited by Informer

Oh my... try as I might, I was unable to understand most of what you said. I'm not very apt with this kind of terminology.

I googled "Small Circulation" and from what I understand it's just another label for the "MCO". Is this right?

I do have the "Embryonic Breathing" book but I have only read the first few pages so far.

Anyway, can you expand on why your method would be a better option? It's not that I'm unable to raise the energy or unable to do full loops. Like I said, I've been doing this daily for quite a while. My problem is that at certain times, the energy becomes unstable in the kidney area.

Would this not be something I should fix at the physical level (ie: reinforce the kidneys)

I will take your recommendation and start practicing zhan zhouang, although I am a bit hesitant as with Spring Forest Qigong, Master Lin asks not to incorporate any outside methods until you are well versed with SPQ (months and months of training).

Part of the function was analysis :) This loop is a smaller harmonic of the larger mco (small circ, same thing.) Since the loop isnt going above the mingmen, it reinforces the lower aspect of the larger loop (i.e. mingmen, kidneys...) I wasnt necessarily saying "better" or even as any sort of replacement...just more, looking at it from a different angle, one that might provide you with some more information, i.e. would it act the same if the loop isnt going to the higher centers. I understand master Lin's wise words not to mix up practices, but some are fundamentally similar :)

It's kind of hard to explain...

Picture this: A doctor just separated the skin from the rest of the tissue in my kidney area, leaving the two separated. He then stitches my skin back, but leaves out certain areas which remain detached. These areas form a couple of different paths from my spinal column, leading into a couple of big "bubbles" in the left kidney area.

When I raise my energy up my spine, when the energy gets close to those "bubbles", it quickly gets sucked into one via one of the "paths" and gets stuck there. It literally feels like said bubble just got filled with liquid energy, and it stays stuck there, pushing in each direction but unable to get out.

I continue raising energy up my spine by creating new energy with my awareness in the next area (behind the neck)... as soon as the energy is formed and centered and ready to move to the next spot (the back of the head), part of that new energy quickly rushes down into the very same bubble in the left kidney area like a lightning bolt, rolling underneath my skin like a ball bearing, reaching the bubble and joining it.

The feeling of the bubble being filled with liquid energy remains for about 30 seconds or so, with or without my awareness placed on it, and then it dissipates... occasionally the feeling spontaneously and momentarily pops back when I'm working on my front channel. On that note, the same feeling comes back at times during rest, lasting for a few seconds to a few minutes, and occasionally spasms (twitches) a little bit.

I have one ONE occasion managed to release the energy trapped in the bubble and it rushed to the next spot I was working on (back of neck). It felt like a HUGE ball of liquid energy slowly plowing its way underneath my skin to reach the energy center in the back of my neck.

I never felt such an intense energetic sensation in my whole life, especially in that area! I then moved this new energy to the next spots (back of head, top of head, third eye and so on) and they were all throbbing and pulsating with more energy then they had ever had before... after a few more loops, the energy slowly dissipated back to the bubble and refused to come out again.

After that particular session, I felt incredibly invigorated.. my mind was extremely sharp and my mood was fantastic... I felt that way for two straight days and then it slowly faded away.

So, even during the time this problem does not occur, I have still never felt such intense energy pass through the top part of my spine to make its way through the rest of the loop, thus, I was never able to fully recreate what happened leading me to believe that even if the bubble thing stops occuring for a few weeks, the energy isn't being raised to its maximum potential.

Sorry for the long read! That'S the best description I could give hehe.

Any advice would be much appreciated! I already take numerous natural supplements for kidney health and regeneration.

What sensation was the kidney? Burning? Tingly? x inner smile? = win.

If you are looking for herbal remedy or preventative/rejuvenation effects:

that was more descriptive, but generally along the lines of my impression. I'm certainly not qualified to say what exactly it is or the severity, but the description does reinforce my gut feeling to support it from beneath. can you tell if this will happen ahead of time or is this something that only shows itself while you're in the middle of doing loops?

I can usually predict it once I'm at the perineum point, since it will sometimes start slightly twitching once the back channel gets activated.

that was more descriptive, but generally along the lines of my impression. I'm certainly not qualified to say what exactly it is or the severity, but the description does reinforce my gut feeling to support it from beneath. can you tell if this will happen ahead of time or is this something that only shows itself while you're in the middle of doing loops?

I have a quick related question to this:

What is the best size for the points of focus? My "issue" is triggered much more easily the smaller and more concentrated the point of focus is, and can usually be somewhat bypassed if I expand it (sort of like adjusting the radius/intensity on a flashlight).

I can usually predict it once I'm at the perineum point, since it will sometimes start slightly twitching once the back channel gets activated.

so like on that particular loop? not like the beginning of the session, or prior? just because...you probably dont want to change the strategy "in the middle of it," better to stop at the lower dantien and let the charge coalesce in the proper location.

I have a quick related question to this:

What is the best size for the points of focus? My "issue" is triggered much more easily the smaller and more concentrated the point of focus is, and can usually be somewhat bypassed if I expand it (sort of like adjusting the radius/intensity on a flashlight).

hm, so ostensibly dispersing some in the adjacent channels (i.e. UB.) if you liken "points" to the spacetime curvature about an event horizon, oddly enough the curvature is higher at the horizon for a smaller black hole, or, "a smaller width dimple at similar 'depth in spacetime' (i.e. gravitational potential as 'depth') produces a steeper curvature." my experience is similar with regard to size & focus, there is a similar potential regardless of whether the focus is small or large, when it is large it is spread out or otherwise disharmonious like when your breath isnt well harmonized, structures inefficient, mind scattered - as compared to focused, harmonious, energetically optimized - able to handle more bandwith. the potential is a function of your "overall current level of cultivation" sorta like "your play in the game is a function of how hard you practice" but with the added present-focus with regard to "size."

as such, it seems you have a bandwith bottleneck there of some sort, but I'm honestly unqualified to assess whether it is something to be pushed through, worked around, let go of, dissolved, herb'd, whatever possible solutions, or whether it is a "blockage" or a "weak area."

that said, I do think some time spent doing the small small mco would be beneficial in that by supporting the lower loop of it and not going past the mingmen it would support the kidneys and you may be able to figure out if it is some sort of blockage, weakness, failing of supporting physical or energy structure. plus the focus would gently be there where the "issue" is.

perhaps some of our medical qigong practitioners can chime in :)

Very interesting... thanks!

What about you? What size do you use?

I usually go between a golf-ball and a grapefruit in terms of size. I also imagine them in three dimensions, and focus my awareness accordingly. (As in, I don't just focus on the skin in the area)

I've never seen an accurate description on this topic anywhere.. I'd love to get some more input.

so like on that particular loop? not like the beginning of the session, or prior? just because...you probably dont want to change the strategy "in the middle of it," better to stop at the lower dantien and let the charge coalesce in the proper location.

hm, so ostensibly dispersing some in the adjacent channels (i.e. UB.) if you liken "points" to the spacetime curvature about an event horizon, oddly enough the curvature is higher at the horizon for a smaller black hole, or, "a smaller width dimple at similar 'depth in spacetime' (i.e. gravitational potential as 'depth') produces a steeper curvature." my experience is similar with regard to size & focus, there is a similar potential regardless of whether the focus is small or large, when it is large it is spread out or otherwise disharmonious like when your breath isnt well harmonized, structures inefficient, mind scattered - as compared to focused, harmonious, energetically optimized - able to handle more bandwith. the potential is a function of your "overall current level of cultivation" sorta like "your play in the game is a function of how hard you practice" but with the added present-focus with regard to "size."

as such, it seems you have a bandwith bottleneck there of some sort, but I'm honestly unqualified to assess whether it is something to be pushed through, worked around, let go of, dissolved, herb'd, whatever possible solutions, or whether it is a "blockage" or a "weak area."

that said, I do think some time spent doing the small small mco would be beneficial in that by supporting the lower loop of it and not going past the mingmen it would support the kidneys and you may be able to figure out if it is some sort of blockage, weakness, failing of supporting physical or energy structure. plus the focus would gently be there where the "issue" is.

perhaps some of our medical qigong practitioners can chime in :)

most often I simply observe. but when considering flux density, placing the focus there tends to streamline and enhance. and you can exert a measure of control over it. sorta like when I took a buddy's multimeter and set it to ohms and put the electrodes on my laogung points...after a while I figured out how to impulse the value around, but it was perturbing an oscillation, on some level.

wait a sec, that context made me think of this thread *bows to SB in gratitude*

now that you mention size, something marvelous I experienced recently was of the diameter of a peach :) it spontaneously arose and I didnt consider any qualities, I just continued the practice. sometimes I've heard that advice given but nothing deeper, but when I investigated it is because you need to keep your awareness focused on that which is generating the potential for the phenomena in the first place :lol: so in that vein you have whatever your recollection is afterward, but dont attach to every little detail of it. the more you let go the more detail sticks anyway.

an accurate description on...what exactly?

Yeah, I'm no expert, I'll say that.

I just skimmed, but I'll say just ask a master healer to detect any holes in your aura/ space-time anomalies. It is probably just some type of kidney deficiency but I'm just guessing. Take herbs, go see a chinese herbalist.

FYI, you also need to have qi before you circulate MCO. This can mean gather qi (like doing level 1 extra long) before you circulate. Don't ejaculate or have sex for as long as possible. Don't have sex for at least a day or more after an energy healing. In fact, ideally, don't ejaculate for a couple weeks, as this builds energy warmth in the body. See what happens and if this changes. Do the 100 day practice.

Don't get caught up in the nature of the beast. Just do your exercises diligently, I'd say. Qigong is about simplicity, especially for newbies, so why jump off the deep end to describe a space-flux, etc? SFQ is pretty safe I would think, but there is other qigong that can be dangerous if done incorrectly, etc. That is why you need a solid foundation first.

There is some zhang zheng in the level 2 move where you stick out your hands and hold them up there. Check it out. hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this