Sign in to follow this  
chi 2012

Refrigerator Fear

So I have this refrigerator in my apartment that I accidently unplugged around Christmas. It's still unplugged but has some food in it. I'm not looking forward to opening it and cleaning it. Any tips or actions steps I can make to make this as painless as possible?

So I have this refrigerator in my apartment that I accidently unplugged around Christmas. It's still unplugged but has some food in it. I'm not looking forward to opening it and cleaning it. Any tips or actions steps I can make to make this as painless as possible?

were there a lot of exposed things or produce in it?

if they were all contained then open no prob and clean out carefully.

maybe the following isn't necessary but i'll mention it anyway.

if you suspect a lot of exposed and rotted foods wear a mask, goggles and gloves and push, cart or shimmy the fridge to a well ventilated area or outdoors. keep a bucket or spray of water mixed with half a cup of bleach or vinegar and bicarbonate mixture and a wash cloth. then ready trash bags and slowly open the fridge and carefully put everything in the trash bag and close it quickly and discard. then hose down or wash the fridge then leave it open outdoors for some days weather permitting.

but if you prefer to take it out then you could just open it with a pole from a distance and pole out the items into a hole in the ground and hose down the fridge and leave open then later clean.

anaerobic microorganisms are smelly and noxious and could make you really sick so be careful. (i watch doctor house)

Edited by Desert Eagle

eeeeeeeuuuuughh.

Also, chi, wash the entire fridge with vinegar. really sluice it with vinegar. mould no likee the vinegar.

good luck with it. :wacko:

Thanks Eagle and Cat. I'm going to take your advise and go and buy the supplies tomorrow. I've been putting this off long enough. Although sucky - doing the little things like cleaning out smelly regrigerators is what makes the world a better place.

Create a bio-containment force field then bombard the fridge with gamma radiation.

If you open the door slightly a light may come on. This means that the bio-phosphorescence of the rapidly decaying food particles is still active. Shut the door quickly and run out of the house/apartment and scream 'run for your lives!' at anyone in the vicinity.

That is all.

Outside - yes

Containment - yes

Will require self-mastery to avoid immediate knee-jerk reaction (i.e. throwing up) - yes

Cat, any vinegar? Cheapest, whitest, distilled stuff I'm thinking?

I'd ponder the chi of the decaying items. I suppose it depends what they were and if they were organic or pumped to the gills (oh no, maybe there's fish in there :wacko: !)

Excellent poetic metaphor. I'm glad I'm not you - well, technically...

Modern 'burial ground' meditation opportunity?

Create a bio-containment force field then bombard the fridge with gamma radiation.

If you open the door slightly a light may come on. This means that the bio-phosphorescence of the rapidly decaying food particles is still active. Shut the door quickly and run out of the house/apartment and scream 'run for your lives!' at anyone in the vicinity.

That is all.

Haha. I liked the part afterward where Bill Murray opens the refigerator real slowly and goes "Oh my God! Look at all the junkfood. You actually eat this stuff?"

So today I finally went out and bought the supplies to clean the fridge and it cost me $42. So I really am going to clean it out tomorrow. Hopefully I won't hear a voice that says "Zool"!

Haha. I liked the part afterward where Bill Murray opens the refigerator real slowly and goes "Oh my God! Look at all the junkfood. You actually eat this stuff?"

So today I finally went out and bought the supplies to clean the fridge and it cost me $42. So I really am going to clean it out tomorrow. Hopefully I won't hear a voice that says "Zool"!

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do next week.

Procrastinate now!

Sign in to follow this