Tatsumaru

Total Rejuvenation

Let go of this, let go of that. Why live at all if you have to let go of your dreams. Letting go is for weak people. The easiest thing is to say "Ah big deal, it's hard I don't need this" or "Hmm, I think I just need to let go of that dream to become A or B or C, it's way too unrealistic". What's that word unrealistic even supposed to mean ? Check out the way this whole world appeared. Does that seem realistic to you ? I mean I respect you guys and everything but give me a break, letting go of all your desires makes you an empty shell and that's no happiness that's simply nothing literally. Just breathing and eating until you die.

I think you're misunderstanding both Cameron and the rest of the bunch here.

Letting go does not mean giving up. It means giving up your misconceptions of life.

Doing something out of compensation, thinking that reaching some goal or attaining some objective is going to solve anything is what people are getting at basically.

Does that mean resignation? On the contrary.

You say "Check out the way this whole world appeared"; That's a great starting point.

The universe, the galaxies, stars, the earth with it's mindboggling complexity was created without a thought, without any agenda. It created a reality that scientists, philosophers and the rest of humanity has tried to comprehend for millenia. No volition anywhere.

So letting go means something completely different. And there's nothing wrong in having goals. It's just not going to solve anything. Goals are great. And it usually is good to attain some of them to realize what happens when you reach them. The happiness gained is not from the goal itself. If that would be true, then you'd get the girl, the car or the million dollars, and you'd be happy forever. But unfortunately that's not the case. The feeling fades. But it's a great way to realize that the happiness is derived from within: For a certain amount of time the feeling of lack ceases. When we experience a temporary lack of wanting, the basic nature of our mind emerges, which is joy and contentment. So letting go of wanting will ultimately make you happy. Then all "doing" is just what you do.

There is nothing wrong in having a strong healthy body. But what does a strong and healthy body look like? Energetically, an infant is much stronger than a bodybuilder, and is much more able to adapt to change, regenerate and adapt. It is soft, weak and open. Yet it can scream the whole day without being tired. True strength comes from the source of energy. Not it's outward manifestation. If you want infinate energy, become supple, empty and flexible. What gives you energy is not muscle, but the cosmic energy. Cultivate it through softness, stillness and subtle circulation. But this you probably know.

What has value without any external motivation? Find that and you are on the right track.

Watching "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray would probably be a good way to start. -_-

You know, there are a lot of whiney old men who can barely move and wish they were young again and could do all the amazing things young people can do when they are young. Because of all that whining, when they see a young person, they just want that person to live up to their full potential. That's the worst thing you could say to a young person since that was the same thing they were told when they were young themselves.

There are so many things a person can do young and old. Some things they always wanted to do, some things they want to do on an impulse and things they never knew they could or wanted to do. Because of the unknown factor, their potential is literally endless. If can you live without guilt in your heart, you can be free to do whatever you want.

Maybe you actually don't want to do some of these things, maybe you can become some of these things without you even knowing it, as you follow a path that seems different. Maybe you can be a thousand things, that would be fine. Maybe you master one thing, that also will be fine. Doesn't matter really, you have unlimited potential and that means you are free.

Do you know how fun knitting is? Old ladies are not telling you but it's lotsa fun. Have you ever wanted to be batman? I did :lol: and actually still do, so why not I just become batman right now. People seem to want to have things they don't have right now and so they feel distant and they accept that distance. Waiting and listening doesn't always mean waiting forever for the right thing to happen. Sometimes the most perfect thing you need is in an old greasy bag instead of a treasure chest. In fact, everyone wants a treasure so no one knows that's in all these bags. Don't have to wait, there is something you can do right now.

Ok I think I'm starting to get it.

But how do you fuel discipline if you let go of motivation and wanting. I'm ok with letting go of feelings but want to remain productive at the same time ?

I have to say though motivation and wanting seem to be two very ill feelings as they seem productive only at first glance and now when I think of it all things that I've accomplished were when I would mute my inner voice. But I can still feel something is missing, something is wrong... I don't seem to be able to progress at the pace that I want. For now I'll just follow your advice guys, seems you know what I'm talking about.

P.s.

Def gonna watch groundhog day and try knitting.

Edited by Tatsumaru

Ok I think I'm starting to get it.

But how do you fuel discipline if you let go of motivation and wanting. I'm ok with letting go of feelings but want to remain productive at the same time ?

I have to say though motivation and wanting seem to be two very ill feelings as they seem productive only at first glance and now when I think of it all things that I've accomplished were when I would mute my inner voice. But I can still feel something is missing, something is wrong... I don't seem to be able to progress at the pace that I want. For now I'll just follow your advice guys, seems you know what I'm talking about.

P.s.

Def gonna watch groundhog day and try knitting.

You do not need to have motivation. Only willingness. It takes almost no effort at all. Just do not give yourself any choice. Then allow whatever happen to happen. Most people stop doing things they enjoy when they run into problems. If you let go of your reaction to problems you're getting somewhere.

The guy who made all the hits for the pop group ABBA had a good approach. He never pumped himself up to make all the music that is now classics. He wasn't a genius and not particularly talented. He just had a routine. Every day he sat infront of the piano. Sometimes something happened, sometimes not. But he sat there every day.

Please don't follow any advice. It will fade to trivialities very soon. Including my own. You allready know what you want, really. See what happens if you don't try to answer the question for a while but let it linger. It will be your greatest teacher.

It seems like you're allready on the path. It teaches you by itself.

h

Let go of this, let go of that. Why live at all if you have to let go of your dreams. Letting go is for weak people. The easiest thing is to say "Ah big deal, it's hard I don't need this" or "Hmm, I think I just need to let go of that dream to become A or B or C, it's way too unrealistic". What's that word unrealistic even supposed to mean ? Check out the way this whole world appeared. Does that seem realistic to you ? I mean I respect you guys and everything but give me a break, letting go of all your desires makes you an empty shell and that's no happiness that's simply nothing literally. Just breathing and eating until you die.

Nope, that's not how it goes.

You let go of the fake striving and motivations that are driving you. Then other stuff kicks in that is from you, really you.

But it ain't easy. Or it is and no-one really wants to.

I'm sticking with "it ain't easy". It's why there's an entire forum of people doing it. Not sure how many couch-sitters there are here:-)

Nope, that's not how it goes.

You let go of the fake striving and motivations that are driving you. Then other stuff kicks in that is from you, really you.

But it ain't easy. Or it is and no-one really wants to.

I'm sticking with "it ain't easy". It's why there's an entire forum of people doing it. Not sure how many couch-sitters there are here:-)

:) You said it better with less words.

And if your in NY their are plenty of excellent martial artists. In pretty much all the tradiditions.

Not sure what your talking about that people here don't focus on body art I think that their are quite a few people into MA and working out here.

I was thinking for a minute with your name that your in Japan.

Well, you guys have awesome cheese!!!

:) You said it better with less words.

'Scream the whole day without getting tired" :wub:

Yeah, how do they do that???

'Scream the whole day without getting tired" :wub:

Yeah, how do they do that???

I know.

Actually, I borrowed the example from the TTC. A bit tounge-in-cheek.

Fifty-five

He who is filled with Virtue is like a newborn child.

Wasps and serpents will not sting him;

Wild beasts will not pounce upon him;

He will not be attacked by birds of prey.

His bones are soft, his muscles weak,

But his grip is firm.

He has not experienced the union of man and woman, but is whole.

His manhood is strong.

He screams all day without becoming hoarse.

This is perfect harmony.

Knowing harmony is constancy.

Knowing constancy is enlightenment.

Actually, in some of the more direct translations, "manhood" is not related to gender.

It is an indication of the fullness of Yang.

h

I tried muting my inner voice on the way home yesterday and it felt pretty damn strange. All thoughts that appeared in my mind I would imagine as rapidly falling into pieces. Instead of harmony I reached a dark psychopatic trance. Very weird right ? I thought "Hmm. I doubt this is what the guys meant by letting go".

I'm 22. Ok I won't share a word from now on. Just sit and practice what you gave me. Thank you all for the good advice. Be well.

Edited by Tatsumaru

I'm 22. Ok I won't share a word from now on. Just sit and practice what you gave me. Thank you all for the good advice. Be well.

Listen to Cam. I second taking a tour of Adyashanti's material.

Muting or controlling thoughts or feelings is the opposite of letting go.

To be with what you are experiencing without trying to manipulate anything is closer to what letting go is.

h

That's another way to practice actually but I never tried it myself. You can use your heart rate as your focus. I prefer using the breath and actually if you can just use nothing.

Using nothing means just sit and allow whatever happens to happen. Basically you are not trying to control anything. Whatever your mind does or doesn't do is sort of irellevent.

Please take the time and watch or listen to some of the free material on Adyashanti's website. He explains it all very well.

Ok, take care and good luck!