A very interesting post and reading through it I can see only too plainly how raw nerves are easily touched when discussing this subject.

What is plain to see is that from the word go vested interests, the pursuit of power, hatred of those whose views differed from your own and plain old fashioned stupidity were as usual driving things along.

The real tragedy is that things have changed so little.

My own opinion for what its worth is that the Sermon on the Mount in Matthews Gospel would on its own set the rules for a good Christian life. It matters not who wrote it. Just try to live by it. Perhaps this is too simple for mankind who tries to complicate everything.

I will stick with Taoism and its uncarved block.

Vmarco,

What is this word Krst? Is it Ancient Egyptian ... all I can find is 'khr' which means tomb and also the word for anoint with oil is 'gs'.

Your ideas are interesting but I like to look for the origins of anything Egyptian.

Late representations of Serapis do look very Christ-like BTW.

Thanks

A.

I typed a search on Yahoo "Egyptian Krst" and got 19k hits. I don't use google. www.alltheweb.com bought by Yahoo was always superior to google.

The real Jesus, according to Paul and 1 Cor. 11:14 would look like this:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/forensics/1282186

Considering a set of all knowledge for that period, not a single Jewish, Roman, or Greek historian, scribe, or writer mentions before 95 CE the Jesus Christ depicted in the gospels. There are no artifacts, no works of carpentry, and no physical evidence that a Jesus Christ ever existed.

I did not contradict myself,...I never implied Jesus did not exist, in fact I strongly agree that an historical Jesus did exist, as mentioned in post #7,...but this is not the Jesus invented for the New Testament.

Done. Thanks.

I typed a search on Yahoo "Egyptian Krst" and got 19k hits. I don't use google. www.alltheweb.com bought by Yahoo was always superior to google.

The real Jesus, according to Paul and 1 Cor. 11:14 would look like this:

http://www.popularme...rensics/1282186

OK I do use Google and after some looking around I found it eventually. Its not krst but qrst (originally) ... qrs means 'to bury' and qrs.t is the noun 'burial'. Sound shift q > k is believable. So you can get krst meaning burial. A title of Osiris is neb-qrst meaning Lord of Burial.

Birch apparently makes a link to 'gs' meaning anoint ... on the basis that the mummification process involved use of oils (as well as salts i.e. natron). So another sound shift qrs > krs > gs ... hmm not sure about that one.

Oh well thanks ... I like to be certain where these ideas are coming from.

PS. I won't comment on the US/Christian agenda ... as a Brit it all means little to me. You should have remained a colony and could have become as secular as we are (ironically in view of the established church) .... (lol)

• Like 1

OK I do use Google and after some looking around I found it eventually. Its not krst but qrst (originally) ... qrs means 'to bury' and qrs.t is the noun 'burial'. Sound shift q > k is believable. So you can get krst meaning burial. A title of Osiris is neb-qrst meaning Lord of Burial.

Birch apparently makes a link to 'gs' meaning anoint ... on the basis that the mummification process involved use of oils (as well as salts i.e. natron). So another sound shift qrs > krs > gs ... hmm not sure about that one.

Oh well thanks ... I like to be certain where these ideas are coming from.

PS. I won't comment on the US/Christian agenda ... as a Brit it all means little to me. You should have remained a colony and could have become as secular as we are (ironically in view of the established church) .... (lol)

Finally after all these years you've actually found someone to talk about a subject you actually know about!

Happy Chinese year of the 'Drakkar Noir' to you! :D

post-46635-132724750268_thumb.jpg

Tata for now