Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

"Zen Pagua"

I was sitting the other day, and went to hang out in the center and felt insecure. Like, some days you just fly down the center of the stairs, and sometimes you want to hold onto the rails. So, I was searching for rails, and came up with this, which I've dubbed the "zen pagua" since it seems to do much of what the HT pagua is supposed to do, but with zero visualizations.

.. and I'm curious for feedback.

Any guinea pigs wanna try it out and report back, have at it. :)

gp-4.jpg

I've continued to work with this, zen pagua, and variations. The variations are doing less, not more: either focusing only on du & ren points, or the two thrusting ch points. I find that this zen pagua thing is very very useful.

Theoretically, Taoists consider du, ren and the central channel, centers most important. Indians & Tibetans emphasize thrustings and central channel, centers. This method covers all that and, in practice, I'm finding that it integrates them well - and allows adjustment to where I'm at. Some times my alchemy is such that I'm inclined to emphasize the (more physical) du & ren and my centers aren't really active. Other times the deep-center thing is really happening, and this method allows me to bridge to that. Physically it's producing a greater sense of vitality. It's really activating the orbit better than meditative "running the loop" ever did. So, I'm kind of going all over the board with it, except there is almost nothing to this technique.

Letting the polarities play out produces a sweet pure blend that activates points and nourishes channels - so I end up refining and filling du, ren, thrustings, central. And there is no manipulation about trying to get the energy to flow a certain direction, it just does what it does.

Yadda-yadda-yadda.

There is no such word as pagua. perhaps you mean bagua or pa kua.

Its his invention... so let him invent the names as well :angry:;):)

Edited by sunshine

There is no such word as pagua. perhaps you mean bagua or pa kua.
Looks like I made up my own transliteration. :rolleyes:Per wikipedia, you are right. (Though probably everyone knows what I meant.)

I looked in HT pamphlet, HT uses "pakua" and, though I trust wikipedia more than HT, the reference is to the HT use of vortex-visualizations - so I've changed my webpage spellings to "pakua".

Thanks for the correction. :)

I've tried it several times--sometimes it's pretty amazing and sometimes I don't feel anything. It's a new type of practice I hadn't considered before.

Sign in to follow this