jijaji

Hanuman Chalisa - Anup Jalota

Wonderful thread :)

I have a special place for the music of Pandit Jasraj-ji with who I had the fortune of spending some time and learn. Truly a blessed soul who earned grace of Thakurji through music. You may like some renderings by him. It is hard to miss the Madhura Bhakti in his music, where the rasas of Shringara and Karuna beautifully blend together :)

Wonderful thread :)

I have a special place for the music of Pandit Jasraj-ji with who I had the fortune of spending some time and learn. Truly a blessed soul who earned grace of Thakurji through music. You may like some renderings by him. It is hard to miss the Madhura Bhakti in his music, where the rasas of Shringara and Karuna beautifully blend together :)

(youtube clips)

Guruyoga,

What do you mean above when saying, "who earned grace"?

Pandit-ji is a proponent of the Bhakti marga, the Madhura Bhakti path to be specific. Here, one "earns" the grace of the divine or makes oneself open to receive it through selfless service, unconditional surrender to the ishta, ecstatic love for one's beloved etc.

Pandit-ji is a proponent of the Bhakti marga, the Madhura Bhakti path to be specific. Here, one "earns" the grace of the divine or makes oneself open to receive it through selfless service, unconditional surrender to the ishta, ecstatic love for one's beloved etc.

The "or" parts sound correct but not the connotation or use of the word "earns".

For the "unconditional" is ultimately made possible by the unconditional...

Yes and No, of course one can get tricky and nit pick on words, but as long as the essence is understood, it's all good! It would be foolish to assume grace and the way to attain it (if at all is something that is not "already" attained as one's one inherent nature) can be technically described in word and accurately. I clearly stated that I was stating the views of the lineage of Madhura Bhakti which uses the word - sampaadayitum - which is exactly translated as "earned". If you disagree, that's fine, not that it bothers me, it just tells me you are not familiar with the different theological schools of Hinduism, each one, while seemingly different from the other, has its own charm and it is unnecessary to interpret them to fit one's own idiosyncrasies, or even a framework of Non-duality. Why not enjoy them as they are? :)

Edited by guruyoga

Yes and No, of course one can get tricky and nit pick on words, but as long as the essence is understood, it's all good! It would be foolish to assume grace and the way to attain it (if at all is something that is not "already" attained as one's one inherent nature) can be technically described in word and accurately. I clearly stated that I was stating the views of the lineage of Madhura Bhakti which uses the word - sampaadayitum - which is exactly translated as "earned". If you disagree, that's fine, not that it bothers me, it just tells me you are not familiar with the different theological schools of Hinduism, each one, while seemingly different from the other, has its own charm and it is unnecessary to interpret them to fit one's own idiosyncrasies, or even a framework of Non-duality. Why not enjoy them as they are? :)

Ok, you did single out a certain form... although to me you also mixed "earn" or redefined the commonly accepted western meaning of "earn" to include the "or" aspects per your understanding of an eastern form. Not that that bothers me it just tells me that we (we as individuals and also 'we' as students of different and varied forms) would have to agree on the meanings of words as much as possible if we are going to communicate about and hopefully enjoy the charms of such - without (imo) being overly attached to the various and often ponderous theological and sectarian bias's of vast and nearly perpetual conumdrums that have been pain-stakingly disected to the tenth degree (both in speech and in text) for several thousands of years by uncountable numbers of great authorities on Hinduism, who btw don't always end up reaching or giving out the same conclusions (and or alludings to) regarding Sat after their devoted exercise.

Edited by 3bob

It looks like you are posting then deleting what you posted afterwards, I assume it's regarding a disagreement with guruyoga?

please stop, this is a thread in honor of Hanuman.

:rolleyes:

I did a one or two word edit of a past post that kept popping up - so there was nothing new created or deleted... btw I assume you are not a moderator and I believe my past post with guruyoga was fully within protocols for this website. If you expect full, unquestioning obedience along with no debates based on your viewpoint of a particular thread, school, guru or form then this website in general and also its Vedanta sub-section imo is not the place to find it or to expect it... although basic respect among members is expected in all sections. I believe you may be able to set up a private type thread somewhere at this site where you could have absolute power and control over it, although I'm not sure about that since I've never been interested in having such control over a thread.

:rolleyes: