konchog uma

Keeping one's practices secret

I agree with you.

I have a training partner and sharing our experiences (in martial arts, meditation, and basically life) have brought us very close together and enhanced both of our experiences.

As you mention in your next post, this is at the root of the tendency for religious congregation.

But, as in religious congregation, the effect is not always positive.

A lot depends on personal responsibility and perspective, I think.

The affect is not always positive in anything / everything/ we undertake. So what else is new :)

• Like 2

The affect is not always positive in anything / everything/ we undertake. So what else is new smile.gif

but sometimes it is positive and imo/ime that makes it (well) worth dealing with those other times.

i guess i have been lucky and i get alot of positives sent my way. i try and reciprocate.

My Sigung once said-

"Train like that for another 10 years and you will still make no progress"

Meanwhile my brothers and I thought we were doing it correctly :lol:

It's more fun to travel the journey together, sharing the experiences and discoveries. But, for help and guidance, someone who had already traveled to the destination is more likely to give correct direction :)

but sometimes it is positive and imo/ime that makes it (well) worth dealing with those other times.

i guess i have been lucky and i get alot of positives sent my way. i try and reciprocate.

Yes always reciprocate :)