Thunder_Gooch

An issue that may threaten the existence of thetaobums and all forum sites based in the usa

I read the SOPA act as being a proposal being pushed by the Hollywood studios vs Google and other internet giants.

Could be a issue of who's controlling media consumption in the future: start-ups like Google - who has Google TV now in many TV sets - or the old media cartel.

Personally I don't care much for DVDs since various encryption schemes make it very hard to rip and thus require Israeli software studios like AnyDVD to make DVDs actually useful.

Not just government, but also corporate interests are at stake here.

Also I have a hunch many politicians secretly admire the Chinese communist party: over there they can just push something and it will be done. Not so in a democratic country.

Well, if it came down to it, I think Sean could make the forum completely private. Then they couldn't really do anything...because there is nothing to see.

And Ron Paul is the only trustworthy presidential candidate. :)

I doubt a private forum would do much good.

Ack. Who's to say the total avatar folks aren't already hanging out in various online venues? I certainly hope they're a) having fun and also learning something about cultivation, just enough to try it maybe? Could be good for them:-)