Protector

My Little Pony

I think her real name is Pinkamania Diane Pie.

This is so hilariously crazy. The guy is bleeping out stuff that doesn't deserve bleeping, thus revealing the self-defeating nature of the whole bleeping thing. (The rest of the video is pretty nuts. I guess it's random creative outpour. I recommend the alternative title: Frienship is Bad Shit.)

Edited by Owledge

Best Twilight voiceover ever at 3:10. Skip right to 3 minutes.

Edited by Owledge

3Ep6 - Sleepless in Ponyville: - I don't know a better way to teach kids how to deal with nightmares than this one. So powerful; turning a scary experience around into something so positive.

Any time a child has a nightmare, they can now imagine that it's just their friend Princess Luna helping them overcome their fears.

Edited by Owledge

How the hay do I disable automatic video embedding?

Here, this looked like an hommage to an internet meme to me:

h_ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0KPvwAOhu0&t=6m50s

You know what I mean? ;)

Edited by Owledge

Season 3 finale blew me away. And as if it couldn't do that on its own, those tricky writers made the episode before the finale a boring person-mixup-comedy, to increase the contrast.

In other news... well not news, but the manliest brony in the world once caught a falling laser gun while it was firing.

True story.

What, season 4 starting next WINTER?! :o

Ah well, I can't expect anything to match the awesomeness of the show itself, but there's still plenty of stuff to watch.

This here is funny. The guy (open-minded but non-brony) started making comment videos on the show and it's funny seeing the usual resistance of non-bronies that later crumbles in a subversive way.

"I'm not gonna sing along the intro song this time. .... *humm* *hmm* *hmmm* * big adventure, tons of fun ..... SHUT UP!" :lol:

Then the wave hit him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vt8N1Ajmfo

I guess he didn't know the saying: "You can't wrestle a unicorn without getting sparkles all over you." :P

In another video, the guy embarassed himself regarding simple math and logic and was totally owned by a commenter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0VS2I2ZfIE

That logical mistake he makes in the video is actually done a lot by people, but he gives himself additional clues that should make him realize he's wrong.

He's grabbing for straws to deny his true self, hahaha. The usual overcompensation.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

I watched too much youtube poop and now the names are all messed up:

Spylight Twinkle

Rambo Dish

Jackal App
Peekie Pin
Roarity
Shutterfly

Edited by Owledge

ooh go watch some abridged series like Friendship is witchcraft or Mentally advanced series

Cult leader Fluttershy demands it

Yeah, I got a file with loads of links to check out. My browser is almost crashing from all the open windows.

I know one can't expect youtube poop to not stink, but sometimes it's dragon poop and one can find a few jewel fragments.

Watch this from 5:06 to 5:30...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWmDcujkIjw

This bit at least makes some sense. Did you find any 'voice remixing' on youtube that is top notch in terms of clarity and plot?

Must be somewhere, considering how much effort creative people put into this stuff, and by now there must be an archive of original show sound samples somewhere. Should be possible to make completely new episodes with original material only.

Ponified video of a Japanese music video game:

The video has a lot of replay value. So many details in animation and Pony lore.

Did you see Fluttershy's 'heart blast' in Pinkie Pie's room? :D

I value games like that highly, for they help people practice rhythm in a very fun way.

Man, if that Pony version was available for PC, I'd probably buy it. Never get tired of seeing Apple Jack wield a katana.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

Another one like the previous video:

This one's funny, too, if you watch the whole thing:

Edited by Owledge

Haha, thanks. That song was new to me.

And yeah, while there is no clue in the show for Dashy being gay (since there not even a hint at sexuality in the whole show - except maybe in that one scene with her and Fluttershy - haha, I bet you don't know which one I mean :P:lol: ), her character, voice and appearance are very stereotypical/symbolic.

Actually, the Russian one is one of my favorites.

It's not the best scene to determine authenticity, because in that scene Fluttershy was first pressured, then assertive. In scenes where she is her normal gentle self, one can see the difference between a soft voice and a muted, shyed-up voice.

The Mexican-Spanish one was relatively bad, but I don't like the German one that much for said reason.

German dubbing is often pretty messy, since they don't care much to match voice and personality / original voice, but in MLP they at least did that to some degree.

The content of what's said is probably a much greater challenge in translation though.

That said, I recently watched a German version of a documentary (so no lip-sync necessary), and the content was often very much different from the English version, but from what I could hear, more accurate. That surprised me.

To sum it up: I prefer authenticity very much. Something is almost always lost in translation.

BTW I found an awesome fan-made trailer. Definitely overhyping, but useful for expanding the herd. ;) Funny youtube comment: "Went to a gaming night with a bunch of guys I barely know, saw an open internet connection, devised a plan, played this video, suddenly everyone in the room is a brony. Thank you."

• Like 1

Russian is my least favorite in general, you wont notice unless you speak it. It got a general "show for little kids" treatment, if only they knew back then how many manly men would watch it tsk tsk tsk

My favorite ones are French and Polish

Bad ass trailer lol friend chips

Edited by Protector

Yeah, the trailer would be perfect if the maker knew that there's no plural to friendship, at least not in this context. And then doing a repetition of that, argh.

Maybe a semi-hidden clue so that people won't believe it's an official trailer. :lol:

That trailer also shows that one shouldn't judge a book by its cover, haha.

Edited by Owledge